3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #31
Reboot 31 January 2017
 
Briael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,288

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Still looking for a podcast to use. Is there any way to see the playlists for chubby jones? I think I'm too old for most of her stuff!
Check out Chubby Jones podcasts. The title of the podcast itself is in blue .. just right click on it and it should offer you a save option.

Or go to iTunes store and type C25K into the search bar. Most of them are free and you can listen to them before downloading.
__________________
- Amanda



26 Aug 2014 to 15 May 2015 lost 101lbs
Reboot 31 January 2017
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Mimi47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 334

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Default

^ Thanks for the info, Amanda, including about proper running form, etc. I like comparing notes with my cross-country runner son (even given his occasional "Duh, mom" looks )

I don't know why I couldn't see the playlists before -- I see them now and, yes, I am old! Might have to stick with my own tunes….
__________________

Last edited by Mimi47; 01-14-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 85

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

Default

There is another music running app that is fun called "Rock My Run." You can pick the genre, beats per minute and length of the run.

This app is more of a music mix and not an actual training program.
berteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 85

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Ps- it is on iTunes
berteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Mimi47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 334

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Default

Checking it out now -- I like the variety! Thanks
__________________
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #36
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Also if you want to make your own playlists by running pace the website https://jog.fm/ allows you to look up songs by your mile time or pace. I do this for my 5k's set to a 15 minute mile, which I can keep up even at a walking pace - if I don't let myself go slower than the music pace I know I will finish the 5k in about 45 minutes no matter what!
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Mimi47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 334

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Default

Oh, this is excellent, scorbett. Also, I just remembered we have spotify, so maybe I can find some playlists on there. Fun!
__________________
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #38
Reboot 31 January 2017
 
Briael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,288

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Also if you want to make your own playlists by running pace the website https://jog.fm/ allows you to look up songs by your mile time or pace. I do this for my 5k's set to a 15 minute mile, which I can keep up even at a walking pace - if I don't let myself go slower than the music pace I know I will finish the 5k in about 45 minutes no matter what!
Oooh, thanks for that, Scorbett!
__________________
- Amanda



26 Aug 2014 to 15 May 2015 lost 101lbs
Reboot 31 January 2017
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #39
IP start date: 6/23/14
 
nat1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 326

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
^ Thanks for the info, Amanda, including about proper running form, etc. I like comparing notes with my cross-country runner son (even given his occasional "Duh, mom" looks )

I don't know why I couldn't see the playlists before -- I see them now and, yes, I am old! Might have to stick with my own tunes….
I have a cross country runner son and know exactly what looks you are talking about. LOL. I surmise that they get their gift of running from somewhere so.... ;p LOL
__________________


Mini Goal 1: Get to 255 by August 18th Goal met 8/18!! (253)
Mini Goal 2: 50 pounds lost by Sept 15th Goal met 9/15!! (240)
Mini Goal 3: Halfway mark by October 31st.Goal met 11/03!! (221)
Mini Goal 4: "Merely" Overweight on the BMI chart by November 30th.
Goal met 12/15!! (208)

Mini Goal 5: Onederland by December 22nd.

Last edited by nat1015; 01-15-2015 at 09:15 PM.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:41 AM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Greater Seattle
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Height: 5'8

Default

So excited to be joining all of you. I just downloaded the app and will start on Sat. my days will be Sat/Tues/Thurs.

I was a runner for years and have run a lot of races in my lifetime -not fast but I have a lot of endurance. I have been out of running for awhile and now that I am getting older, I realize I need to begin at the beginning. My ego does not like this but my body is thanking me.

I agree with the other posts that this IP journey for me is as much about health and fitness for me as it is about weight loss so I will take a bit slower loss for the benefits running confers- particular how amazing you feel as you progress and at the end of each run.
__________________



2015 Reboot GOALS:
170 by Feb 28, 2015
160 by March 31, 2015
150 by April 30, 2015
Runnergrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Mimi47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 334

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnergrl View Post
So excited to be joining all of you. I just downloaded the app and will start on Sat. my days will be Sat/Tues/Thurs.

I was a runner for years and have run a lot of races in my lifetime -not fast but I have a lot of endurance.
Welcome Runnergrl! Wish I could say I have endurance when it comes to running, but I just never have. Hoping this program will get me over the hump to where I can run 5k without stopping because I think then that I will be able to motivate myself by running races and watching my times eventually drop.

Anyway, I'm just a couple days in -- so far, so good! Have been trying out various workout playlists on our Spotify Premium (now that the kids have explained to me how it works). Lots of great tunes on there. Not the motivational speaking, but I'll come here for that Everyone have a great workout this weekend!
__________________
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #42
Reboot 31 January 2017
 
Briael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,288

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'6

Default

Week 1 down. It definitely felt easier today than Day 1. Looking forward to seeing what Week 2 brings. I know it's a slightly longer run and walk interval, but I'm going to rise to the challenge.

How about you? Feeling confident for Week 2? Had any issues with weakness or refueling afterwards?
__________________
- Amanda



26 Aug 2014 to 15 May 2015 lost 101lbs
Reboot 31 January 2017
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
DeterminedDieter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The Big Land (aka Labrador)
Posts: 451

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Default

I'm starting tomorrow, I pulled a muscle in soccer last Thursday and it's still a bit tender so I hope it doesn't give me trouble tomorrow. I wasn't going to add an extra pack until I was further along and working harder since I spend all day infront of a computer or tv. But I am also planning on trying out the local ladies ball hockey league tomorrow as well, so I think I will have the extra packet.
__________________

Reboot: 2/7/17 w1: -6.5lb w2: -1lb w3: -2.5lb w4: 0lb w5: -1lb
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:46 PM   #44
Reboot 31 January 2017
 
Briael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,288

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
I'm starting tomorrow, I pulled a muscle in soccer last Thursday and it's still a bit tender so I hope it doesn't give me trouble tomorrow. I wasn't going to add an extra pack until I was further along and working harder since I spend all day infront of a computer or tv. But I am also planning on trying out the local ladies ball hockey league tomorrow as well, so I think I will have the extra packet.
If it's tender still, don't do it. Recovery times may be slower while you're on IP than a conventional diet. Make sure you stretch properly to warm up, rather than relying on any pre-program walk AND you may want to consider an elasticated band to give the injured limb some added support.


--------


Found another excellent website for runners- RunningWeight which should be taken with a pinch of salt for non-athletes, but it's interesting to see where they estimate optimal performance at.
__________________
- Amanda



26 Aug 2014 to 15 May 2015 lost 101lbs
Reboot 31 January 2017

Last edited by Briael; 01-18-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
DeterminedDieter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The Big Land (aka Labrador)
Posts: 451

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
If it's tender still, don't do it. Recovery times may be slower while you're on IP than a conventional diet. Make sure you stretch properly to warm up, rather than relying on any pre-program walk AND you may want to consider an elasticated band to give the injured limb some added support.
Thanks for the advice Briael, I like the Run5k app because it does take you through warm up and cool down stretches as well as the walking warm up. I always make sure to do them, I don't know what happened the other night.

I did take it easy this morning and it didn't seem to bother me, it's only slightly tender when you press the muscle. And it feels really good to get back into, I hope everyone is keeping with it as it is another way to feel great about what you are doing for yourself
__________________

Reboot: 2/7/17 w1: -6.5lb w2: -1lb w3: -2.5lb w4: 0lb w5: -1lb
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2