Old 01-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #31  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Well done, lindda.lou

Best wishes on your weigh-in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
Good Morning iPeeps! Sunday and Day 7 of IP for me! What a week! WI tomorrow. I can already feel the difference. Last night I went to a party and stayed totally OP! I brought some sliced bell peppers and a packet of bbq crisps to snack on and resisted the wine, which is my weakness. I am very proud of myself! However I did wake up craving sweets this morning. I don't really have much left that is sweet from IP. I only got the vanilla drink box and the vanilla caramel protein bars and I prefer to have them in the evening with my tea if I need more food. I may try the pancakes this week. I like the omelet but am getting sick of them after having them for a week straight.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #32  
maintaining since 9/2013

Thanks very much, SweetRelease! You will get to your goal too--you're doing the mental work to set yourself up for success--that's half the battle!
Old 01-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #33  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Good Morning iPeeps! Sunday and Day 7 of IP for me! What a week! WI tomorrow. I can already feel the difference. Last night I went to a party and stayed totally OP! I brought some sliced bell peppers and a packet of bbq crisps to snack on and resisted the wine, which is my weakness. I am very proud of myself! However I did wake up craving sweets this morning. I don't really have much left that is sweet from IP. I only got the vanilla drink box and the vanilla caramel protein bars and I prefer to have them in the evening with my tea if I need more food. I may try the pancakes this week. I like the omelet but am getting sick of them after having them for a week straight.
If you're really craving sweets, try eating a dill pickle. For some reason that always killed the sweet craving for me!
Old 01-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #34  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Hi weekenders!

I love to hear about everyone's fun plans for the weekend--hockey games, birthday celebrations and football all sound like a blast!

It's a foggy day in the bay today. My NSV for today is that I'm wearing a sweatshirt I wore two weeks ago much more comfortably. It's perfect for a day like today!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Sunday IP peeps!

Good OP week so far but wasn't seeing any movement on my home scale. Been slacking on my water lately (hard to drink cold water in cold weather) and saw a drop this morning. Need to refocus on water consumption.

Taking kids to see Annie this afternoon. Thinking what snack I can bring with me as movie theater popcorn smell is one of those weaknesses for me. Thankfully the kids I'm taking have braces...so popcorn is a no go in our group!

Home scale has me within 5-7 lbs of DH's weight. Laser focused on this. Patience is getting harder as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Received Beck Diet Solution for Christmas. Planning to commit to going through the book and commit to working on food issues for maintenance.

Bought a size 14 jeans this week. I have to shimmy into them but can zip them up and wore them yesterday comfortably. Bought a size L and M sweaters!! Who would have thought I would ever be purchasing anything in a medium again!?! Also found the perfect Calvin Klein LBD in a 12. Can't zip it all the way up yet. Told DH when I can get it on, he is taking me out! Love shopping Goodwill!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 01-11-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #36  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
Hi weekenders!

I love to hear about everyone's fun plans for the weekend--hockey games, birthday celebrations and football all sound like a blast!

It's a foggy day in the bay today. My NSV for today is that I'm wearing a sweatshirt I wore two weeks ago much more comfortably. It's perfect for a day like today!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Hi benice, I like your plan for the day & congrats on claiming a comfy fit of your sweatshirt---sweet NSV ! I was planning to go take some photos of the Golden Gate Bridge without cars. Should have done it yesterday!

Last edited by mars735; 01-11-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #37  

Quote:
I did wake up craving sweets this morning. I don't really have much left that is sweet from IP. I only got the vanilla drink box and the vanilla caramel protein bars and I prefer to have them in the evening with my tea if I need more food. I may try the pancakes this week. I like the omelet but am getting sick of them after having them for a week straight.
I bought and extra box every week for several weeks so that I would have a little more variety. You can do the same thing by purchasing some alternative products, if you choose to go that route. EAS Carb Control makes RTD vanilla drinks. Quest (GNC) makes bars of varying flavors. Most of them fit into IP protocol. Warning: coaches won't support using off-brand items. Might not want to mention it if you go that route.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #38  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Hi benice, I like your plan for the day & congrats on claiming a comfy fit of your sweatshirt---sweet NSV ! I was planning to go take some photos of the Golden Gate Bridge without cars. Should have done it yesterday!
Thanks! Bummer about your picture op. I've seen pics on Facebook of the bridge. It looks so quiet and eerie. Of course, today would be a typical SF day--from my office in the FiDi I can normally see Berkeley clearly but this morning I can't even see past the piers .
Old 01-11-2015, 01:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Busy weekend going on! Yesterday we had pinewood derby (Cub Scouts) - kiddo won his division by .001 second!

Currently doing IP prep - making the flatbread version of Lisa's potato-zucchini muffins. Made up 4 packets worth so I'll have it for quick-grab lunches this week. Will be oven-roasting a couple of chickens this afternoon for dinner and leftovers during the week. Also need to check salad veggies and do some chopping.

And we have to get the christmas decorations down. So much for a "lazy Sunday!"
Old 01-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #40  
IP restart Jan 1st

S/C/G: 160/148/135

Height: 5'6"

I am missing my exercising and looking forward to getting back to it once I have more IP weeks under my belt. In the past I've always connected the two (dieting and exercising). If I didn't exercise, I didn't eat healthy. If I was dieting, I'd exercise. Never a comprise. Yo-yo dieting and yo-yo exercising! My goal after losing my weight is to have eating and exercising not such a BIG event. Just let it happen and let it be just part of my daily routine, but in a healthy way
Old 01-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #41  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Put the chocolate RTD in a cup and heat.
Also, the chocolate pudding/shake mix makes a better drink than the drink mix, IMO. It is creamier and fewer carbs. Mix with 8 oz liquid (I use either water or cold decaf) and then heat. (never shake hot liquids in your shaker)

My favorite is the WLS cocomint creme from Nashus Nutrition.

Alt products do not mess with success, as a coach may lie and tell you. They do need need to be carefully selected. However, dropping a coach and moving to alts can mess with some people's success, if the accountability of going to clinic for weigh ins is a big part of your success. That is motivating for some people.
Thanks, Lisa. The issue I had with RTD is it is only 8 oz of hot chocolate for the full 100 calories. With the drink mixes, I get 2 cups for only about 60 cal and 6 carbs - I thought I could reduce the carbs down to 2 with same 60 cal going the vanilla with WF chocolate sauce route. I'm going to look more into alternatives.

Along those lines, can you give me some advice...
I do not need a coach for success. I am self-motivated. I only go once a month to get my food and measurements. I am putting a lot of focus on how I'm going to maintain as that has been my downfall in past - I'm close to goal.. There are IP products that I really enjoy and will continue with them in some capacity when I get to phase 4 in a few weeks. This program is expensive and inconvenient to have to go to clinic to pick up food with my work travel schedule, etc especially when clinic is routinely out of things I want - very frustrating!

So, knowing my desire is for this to be long-term for me, I'm really considering switching to alternatives as part of maintenance (I can't believe the IP chicken soup is only 1 carb for 21g of protein- I love this soup and really fits in to my pursuit prior to knowing about IP of finding more foods that are high in protein but low in carbs that I like).

How do foods compare? Are there alternatives that are as good tasting, eg, chicken soup as I'd like that to be a staple in my diet.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Thanks, Lisa. The issue I had with RTD is it is only 8 oz of hot chocolate for the full 100 calories. With the drink mixes, I get 2 cups for only about 60 cal and 6 carbs - I thought I could reduce the carbs down to 2 with same 60 cal going the vanilla with WF chocolate sauce route. I'm going to look more into alternatives.

Along those lines, can you give me some advice...
I do not need a coach for success. I am self-motivated. I only go once a month to get my food and measurements. I am putting a lot of focus on how I'm going to maintain as that has been my downfall in past - I'm close to goal.. There are IP products that I really enjoy and will continue with them in some capacity when I get to phase 4 in a few weeks. This program is expensive and inconvenient to have to go to clinic to pick up food with my work travel schedule, etc especially when clinic is routinely out of things I want - very frustrating!

So, knowing my desire is for this to be long-term for me, I'm really considering switching to alternatives as part of maintenance (I can't believe the IP chicken soup is only 1 carb for 21g of protein- I love this soup and really fits in to my pursuit prior to knowing about IP of finding more foods that are high in protein but low in carbs that I like).

How do foods compare? Are there alternatives that are as good tasting, eg, chicken soup as I'd like that to be a staple in my diet.
Use the pudding/shake mix instead of the drink mix for lower carbs.

I don't eat the soups due to soy that I avoid.
But the only item (of what I eat) I haven't found an alternative to replace is the potato puree. I just buy it on ebay instead.

Spend some time on the Nashua Nutrition site. You'll be pleasantly surprised. The only reason to use an IP clinic/coach is if you're feeling incredibly supported there. Mine was just so-so & not worth the price, after I had a good handle on IP. Now I'm using Diet Bet as my motivation.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #43  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Happy Sunday IP peeps!

Good OP week so far but wasn't seeing any movement on my home scale. Been slacking on my water lately (hard to drink cold water in cold weather) and saw a drop this morning. Need to refocus on water consumption.

Taking kids to see Annie this afternoon. Thinking what snack I can bring with me as movie theater popcorn smell is one of those weaknesses for me. Thankfully the kids I'm taking have braces...so popcorn is a no go in our group!
Hi CenTXChk

Cold water is not too appealing in cold weather - I agree I've been heating mine up in a mug in the micro, esp in the morning. Even just past room temp is better. And there is always herbal tea. I am favouring the spicy ones, now that it is cold: lots of cinnamon/orange/lemon/cardamom/ginger/cloves - whatever works in a tea for you. Celestial Seasonings has a Gingerbread Spice or a Cinnamon Apple Spice - both caffeine-free, so count towards your water intake.

Love the braces appreciation - who woulda thought
Old 01-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #44  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Lisa, have you looked into this?

Lisa, have you thought about the ones on the Medifast site? They have soy lechitin in them, but it is way down on the list of ingredients: http://www.medifast1.com/Products/Si.../prd~66610.jsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Use the pudding/shake mix instead of the drink mix for lower carbs.

I don't eat the soups due to soy that I avoid.
But the only item (of what I eat) I haven't found an alternative to replace is the potato puree. I just buy it on ebay instead.

Spend some time on the Nashua Nutrition site. You'll be pleasantly surprised. The only reason to use an IP clinic/coach is if you're feeling incredibly supported there. Mine was just so-so & not worth the price, after I had a good handle on IP. Now I'm using Diet Bet as my motivation.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
Lisa, have you thought about the ones on the Medifast site? They have soy lechitin in them, but it is way down on the list of ingredients: http://www.medifast1.com/Products/Si.../prd~66610.jsp
I'm pretty happy with what I'm using.
Those are higher carb than IP. I had a friend who did Medifast and I found their products to be higher carb.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-11-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Closed Thread