Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #46  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All! Day 3 and I am feeling well. I had a much better sleep last night (but really didn't want to get out from under my electric blanket on this freezing cold blizzardy morning!). I also felt far less hungry last night than the night before and was probably helped by the extra non-restricted veggies that I chopped up and kept handy to munch on.

I also took the time last night to prep my breakfast for today as well as my lunches and dinners for the next couple of days.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:01 PM   #47  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
DS has hockey again today and then the team is having a fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight...have to look at the menu to see if there is anything I can eat, otherwise I will just go and have an ice tea with the team and eat dinner after @ home.
Congrats on the new jean size! I've eaten at Buffalo Wild Wings since on IP. I had naked chicken tenders - I am not sure if they were on the menu, but I didn't see them so I had to ask the waitress. They came with a side of carrots and celery so I asked for celery only. Enjoy your dinner!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

CenTXChk -- You have an entire forum-full of IPers cheering you on to win this competition -- you go, girl!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Really hard to do my first post after losing my weight to goal and then putting all of my weight back on and then some. I guess that it makes it much harder to acknowledge when it is written down. Anyway I am back, glad to read your posts and ready to get started.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Day 3 and down already 3.3 pounds! I know it's not really fat loss but I won't complain as long as the scale moves in a downward motion! A little head-achey but I know that's because of getting used to calorie and carb restriction, it won't last... Feeling determined...
Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #51  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Hi. Am back after 2 years with a reboot, this time with alternatives. I have a question: I know that celery is on the unlimited list, but did you know that one medium celery stalk has 1.2 carbs? If I'm starving, I can woof down a half dozen in between meals - especially this first week when my body is readjusting to the severe calorie reduction. That can't be good! Has anyone asked their coaches about that?
The celery also has about .6 grams of fiber so the net carbs is .59 (these are all approximates). So if you ate 6 you would be at less than 4 carbs net. I wouldn't worry about it. Now, if you ate a couple pounds of celery that might be a different story!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #52  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Well after a nice loss yesterday it was a treat to slide right into a pair of brand new size 16 jeans that I picked up on the clearance rack on Saturday at Kohls LOL....Really thought they were going to be too snug, but no they fit perfectly...now I am mad that I didn't get the 14 and work my way into them LOL....So I think this means I need to get rid of the 2 size 20's that I am still holding onto even though they fall off me LOL...
Congrats I've just started considering buying clothes a size down to give me more motivation, too, so I hear you on eyeing up those 14s. So many nice clothes around at this time of year, with all the spring collections starting to appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
She doubled down on it and wouldn't let it go even after I corrected her mistake. But in my mind, I was like, sheesh!
Obviously one of those people who tries them make themselves feel superior by putting others down. How rude and how sad. Hopefully she will turn out to be a nice person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
I know that celery is on the unlimited list, but did you know that one medium celery stalk has 1.2 carbs? If I'm starving, I can woof down a half dozen in between meals - especially this first week when my body is readjusting to the severe calorie reduction. That can't be good! Has anyone asked their coaches about that?
Welcome back sstw! One medium stalk of celery has 6 cals, 1 carb and 1 fiber. Ultimately zero net carbs. I assume this is why it's considered a "free" food.

Mendosa (a diabetic reference site) has the following to say:-

Free Foods
Old 01-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Ahhhh - totally had forgotten to take the fiber into consideration with the celery. Thanks, ladies.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good day fellow IPeeps,

I hope everyone's new year is off to a good start. I rang in the new year with some great friends and OP, then spent a long weekend at my parents cabin. It was my first time being away from home on IP, and was OP the entire time, I made some food ahead of time for easy warm up and thought I had thought of everything. But I didn't account for the fact that we might get weathered in, and we almost did! My parent's cabin is only accessible by snowmobile at this time of year and you go out on the bay, but the winds and snow made visibility very low and destroyed any trace of a trail. But we toughed it out and stayed along the shore line making it home safe and sound and kept me OP

It's great to read about all the victories and to the regulars, the newbies and the rebooters, happy losing!!
Old 01-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Talking Doing the happy dance

Week one is in the books....down 14 pounds and 4 inches!!!! Still craving a few things but mostly a mental thing than a I NEED thing.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #56  
Mike

S/C/G: 399/364/230

Height: 6'4"

Hi everyone. I Just had my WI today after being on vacation for two weeks. I managed to lose 10.5 pounds, while going phase 2 with a touch of cheating. I'm under 300 for the first time in 10 years and am wearing clothes from my college days.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #57  
IP restart Jan 1st

S/C/G: 160/148/135

Height: 5'6"

Last night I had the weirdest feeling. I suddenly started feeling nauseous. It came on fast. I tried to eat something and that didn't help the situation. I was freezing cold and shaking. After about 2 hours of feeling this way it went away as fast as it come on. I've been on my reboot/restart IP for 6 days now. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 01-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #58  
IP restart Jan 1st

S/C/G: 160/148/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7059 View Post
Hi everyone. I Just had my WI today after being on vacation for two weeks. I managed to lose 10.5 pounds, while going phase 2 with a touch of cheating. I'm under 300 for the first time in 10 years and am wearing clothes from my college days.
Wow! That is absolutely great, Mike! And doing it while on vacation is even more proof that you can do anything! Keep up the good work and keep pulling those college clothes out of your closet
Old 01-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #59  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp1111 View Post
Last night I had the weirdest feeling. I suddenly started feeling nauseous. It came on fast. I tried to eat something and that didn't help the situation. I was freezing cold and shaking. After about 2 hours of feeling this way it went away as fast as it come on. I've been on my reboot/restart IP for 6 days now. Has this happened to anyone else?
I've had this happen when I ate something with a lot of Sorbital - did you eat anything that was 'sugar-free' and used a substitute? Check the artificial sweeteners you're using as that's usually the culprit for something like this.

E
Old 01-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #60  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Hello fellow IP'ers hope everyone is having a fab day

grats to all who have shared there loses

has anyone tried the beef stroganoff yet? .... i have been craving stroganoff and haven't been successful in figuring out how to do it 100% OP. So wondering how the IP stuff is before i buy it.
Closed Thread