Old 01-11-2015, 08:13 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Rebooting... Started IP in February of 2014 and lost 52 pounds in 6 months. Went on vacation and blew it big time. After that, I would get back on plan for a few weeks, then get off, then get back on, then got off in the beginning of the new school year and never got back on plan.

So, now I'm sick with myself for regaining almost 30 of the pounds back, but glad that I didn't gain all 52 back. I was OP for a week last week and fell off again yesterday!! I'm not sure why I am having so much trouble now when I did so well last spring. But, I'm not giving up. (BTW, doing alternatives)

Last edited by Yayalaine; 01-11-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Yayalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #62  

I'm back on the ip plan starting tomorrow, I was on for a while went from 216 to 150 but got back up to 190 after falling off... Well back on I go.... I am going to Cabo in February and need to shed these pounds... Any tips to jumpstart
Twins221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #63  

Default Ideal Protein guidelines

HI,
I'm new here...but am looking for something that I have not been able to find. I tried Ideal Protein...but I did not like the food. It is impossible (at least it is for me) to stick to something when you dread your next meal.
So, I know there are alternative products, but I want to do IP using real food. I know I will have to use protein bars and shakes and I am okay with that.

What I am looking for is a list of total requirements for each day.
How many carbs per day?
How many gms of protein? fat? etc.
I have seen the post with the restricted vs. unrestricted. I'm not convinced that matters if I keep my total carb count at a certain level each day.
Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thanks!
dlcrn1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMe View Post
I lost 24 lbs on IP in just over 2 months. As Scorbett says everyone loses at their own pace. I did not have a huge loss the first week like many do, but again 20 lbs is not a huge amount to lose. Overall I did lose about 2 lbs per week.
Remember it took tome to gain the weight so we cannot expect to get rid of it overnight.
My recommendation is take it one day at a time and when you are happy with the weight you have lost that is when you should start to phase off. A date to finish a diet is not as important as reaching a point in which you are happy with your own body!
Good luck

This is pretty much what I thought. Not much weight loss first week. I just wanted to hear how others were doing that didn't have much to lose! Thanks!
Bella62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #65  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
I spoke to my coach via text today. He told me that I need to eat all five packets because I need to eat every three to four hours while I am awake. He said this will be only for the first two weeks. He told me to cut down on the veggies if I am not hungry and suggested I get the IP fiber drink. I am really not sure how I feel about that advice. It seems a little fishy to purchase a fiber drink in lieu of real vegetables, but this is all so new to me. I guess I will follow his advice this next month and see what happens, but if it doesn't work out, I will find a new coach. I really like the program and plan to stick with it, but I recognize that some coaches may be a better fit then others.
Thanks again to everyone who gave me advice about this situation. After years of lurking I am really glad I decided to join this forum!
I started my IP journey at 294 pounds. My coach told me to have 3 packets a day (except for the first week if I was hungry I could have an extra one or an egg). When I joined this forum, I found out that protocol was actually 4 packets a day when you are over 200...so I switched to that. I lost 90 pounds in 6 months so I know the 4 packets worked for me. I thought I read somewhere in the official IP paperwork that it was an extra packet for every 40 pounds over 200? But I'm not sure.

Now that I am close to being under 200 I am back down to 3 packets a day but my thoughts are that I would rather cut back on a packet than cut back on the veggies. So if you are having a hard time getting everything in, I would go down to 4 packets a day but keep your veggies at 4 cups.

Last edited by nat1015; 01-11-2015 at 12:13 PM.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #66  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcrn1128 View Post
HI,
I'm new here...but am looking for something that I have not been able to find. I tried Ideal Protein...but I did not like the food. It is impossible (at least it is for me) to stick to something when you dread your next meal.
So, I know there are alternative products, but I want to do IP using real food. I know I will have to use protein bars and shakes and I am okay with that.

What I am looking for is a list of total requirements for each day.
How many carbs per day?
How many gms of protein? fat? etc.
I have seen the post with the restricted vs. unrestricted. I'm not convinced that matters if I keep my total carb count at a certain level each day.
Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thanks!
Ideal protein is structured in a way that we don't really keep track of the numbers. With that being said, many of us track our daily intake on my fitness pal and have set our goals at:
1000 max calories (though we don't normally hit it)
50% protein
30% fat
20% carbs

We strive to stay under 40 net grams of carbs (carbs minus fiber) per day which is where the restricted vs. unrestricted comes in.

Have you checked out south beach? That is a fantastic program that uses real food. I successfully lost about 30 pounds pretty quickly on it years ago and maintained until I went on a cruise for my honeymoon and let loose. I had a hard time getting back on the wagon.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #67  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Rebooting... Started IP in February of 2014 and lost 52 pounds in 6 months. Went on vacation and blew it big time. After that, I would get back on plan for a few weeks, then get off, then get back on, then got off in the beginning of the new school year and never got back on plan.

So, now I'm sick with myself for regaining almost 30 of the pounds back, but glad that I didn't gain all 52 back. I was OP for a week last week and fell off again yesterday!! I'm not sure why I am having so much trouble now when I did so well last spring. But, I'm not giving up. (BTW, doing alternatives)
Many of us have been there Yayalaine, and the saying is, not how many times we fall, it's how many times we pick ourselves up that matters....Congrats for keeping at it! Sometimes I've found it really hard to get going again in P1 mode, other times it feels like a relief.

Here's a suggestion for a motivation boost:
Recently I cleaned out my cluttered myfitnesspal.com account of all the foods I no longer eat. It entailed going through each and every day of my P1 food tracking & beyond.

To my surprise, it was like going back in time and reliving what it felt like the first time on P1, the dawning "I can do this", daily discipline & focus (and some stumbles ). I recommend going through your old food diary as a way to reconnect to your motivation & strength. If you don't have your old diary or didn't keep one, you could try going back, just in your mind. Best wishes

Last edited by mars735; 01-11-2015 at 01:05 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 227/175

Height: 5'-6"

I just found this site. Its awesome that it's free. Not much these days truly is free. I've been to WW, Dr. B, John Savidis, Jenny Craig...even Wharton Clinic. I had successes with each but somehow the weight crept back on. I recently spent a small fortune on personal trainer. Who helped me recover from a debilitating knee injury and I've lost 10lbs. I'm looking at the Wheat Belly book and honestly think there is something to be said about it. I'm going to give the Wheat Belly a real try as well as this site. I hope someone out there will see this and want to join me on the Wheat Belly diet.
Bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #69  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluediamond View Post
I just found this site. Its awesome that it's free. Not much these days truly is free. I've been to WW, Dr. B, John Savidis, Jenny Craig...even Wharton Clinic. I had successes with each but somehow the weight crept back on. I recently spent a small fortune on personal trainer. Who helped me recover from a debilitating knee injury and I've lost 10lbs. I'm looking at the Wheat Belly book and honestly think there is something to be said about it. I'm going to give the Wheat Belly a real try as well as this site. I hope someone out there will see this and want to join me on the Wheat Belly diet.
Good luck on your journey!

Just a heads up, this particular thread is within the forum for folks using the Ideal Protein diet, so you may not get too many people who are also doing Wheat Belly here. But I'm sure if you do a search on the main forum, you will find others following the same plan!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:26 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

I am 6 months on program with 4-5 packets per day and I am down 64 Lbs...
The 5 packets come in to play on my early days that I am up at 4:30am and in bed at 11pm. FOR Me this works and I am still losing weight. I am not saying it will work for everyone.....but to keep my hunger under control, I am best off eating an IP product instead going to bed hungry...

I have even on my best loss weeks had the 4 packets. The 5th is only in play during hockey season and driving my son LOL....Actually this is the last week fo that for me since his friend gets his licence on Friday and the my 4:30 am drive is over LOL.... My son then gets his licence in May and I wont have this issue any more LOL..

Anyway point being I have been successful with that extra packet! I always use an unrestricted for that extra one too..

Good Luck!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #71  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
I am 6 months on program with 4-5 packets per day and I am down 64 Lbs...
The 5 packets come in to play on my early days that I am up at 4:30am and in bed at 11pm. FOR Me this works and I am still losing weight. I am not saying it will work for everyone.....but to keep my hunger under control, I am best off eating an IP product instead going to bed hungry...

I have even on my best loss weeks had the 4 packets. The 5th is only in play during hockey season and driving my son LOL....Actually this is the last week fo that for me since his friend gets his licence on Friday and the my 4:30 am drive is over LOL.... My son then gets his licence in May and I wont have this issue any more LOL..

Anyway point being I have been successful with that extra packet! I always use an unrestricted for that extra one too..

Good Luck!
The first time I did IP, I started out on 3 packets. When I switched clinics, my new coach put me on 4 and I lost an average of 3 lbs a week (71 lbs over 7 months). It worked for me doing 4 packets to and that's why I'm doing it that way again. I don't feel hungry all the time either.
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Checking in...W2 D4 of my reboot and feeling SO MUCH BETTER than I did this time last week! I thought since this was a reboot instead of being brand new, that it would be so much easier - not true. (At least for me!) I felt actual hunger PAINS several days and nights during that first week. I think my body is finally readjusting to being 100% OP and looking forward to the rewards of fitting comfortably into my clothes.

Last edited by sstw1; 01-12-2015 at 02:06 PM.
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

Newbie here! I am so excited to begin IP (70lbs to lose). After seeing my father and mother be so successful I am determined! My fiancee is doing it with me as well for the support I can't wait to experiment with some of the recipes posted.

Have a great day!
Hzldream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #74  

Talking

Thank you for the welcome!

I am on day 4 of IP and finally feel great! Day 2 was HORRIFIC and I thought I may die.

My overall goal is 125lbs with 85lbs of that gone by September. I know I can do this. This WILL be my last diet!
CloverDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Height: 5'5

Default Excited to restart

So here's my story....I started IP in August 2013 at 190ish lbs. In June, reaching my goal of getting to 135 lbs. I phased off (correctly ) . My weight went up to 140, but I was okay with that. I lived in 140's throughout the summer and fall maintaining and feeling good. Bathing suit and shorts weather isn't bad when you feel good about your body image . Then the holidays hit and I veered off program...not as bad as I have before IP, but pretty bad...yummy drinks, bread,a few desserts...mindless eating. At first the scale didn't move all that much, a few pounds up then a couple of pounds down. As the numbers on the scale continued to rise I keep saying, well at least I'm still in the 140's. Then my clothes started to get tight, but they are a size 4...I'm comfortable with a size 6...right. My inner voice finally started screaming at me...NO IT"S NO ALL RIGHT, you have spent way too much time, energy, and money to continue this slide! So when the scale hit 149.9 I said enough is enough!
So here I am again restarting and thankful for IP, it's changed my life and will continue to do! I'm on day 2 and can't wait to get into ketosis. So glad I have a place to share my story and connect with others. Happy New Year Year!
Coreyle is offline   Reply With Quote