Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:45 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat New Years Day 2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-01-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy New Year!!

first WI this morning.. down 5 pounds.. I will take it! I also feel a difference in my energy level and motivation to do things I have been putting off around the house. As of late I could barely do things that I had to do around the house.. the next 4 days off work I am planning on doing projects around the house as well as the everyday have to dos... 2015 is off to a great start..
Old 01-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

A friend posted this on FB this morning, had to share:

"And now we welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been." Rainer Maria Rilke

Happy new year to all, may 2015 bring health and happiness to us!
Old 01-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #4  

I also saw some inspirational quotes today:

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. -Abraham Lincoln

And...from Beck Diet Plan:
We talked to someone who started her weight loss journey on January 1st, 2012 and today she is down over 50 pounds (and is loving life more than she ever thought). Regardless of where your weight is today, a new year is ALWAYS a great time to start fresh. Commit to a healthy eating plan and by this time next year who knows where you’ll be and how great you’ll be feeling!
Old 01-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #5  
RevKate

Wonderful to read! Thank you!
Old 01-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #6  
RevKate

Smile New Year New Beginning ...Once Again

Greetings this new year everyone!
I am Kate and I have RE started up again - as of thanksgiving weekend - I have lost 6+ pounds with only 18 more to go for my goal.

I started 2012 and did very well and then did not complete the protocol for returning to ordinary food life....so now I am back at it and feeling even better than the first time.

QUESTIOn for the NEW YEAR - SLEEP question

Anyone else experience a dramatic change in sleep patterns? I have! Amazing - I sleep 8 + hours each night - deeply - with no disturbances.

I used to get only 5 hours a night and was up feeling poorly through out the evening.

Now I sleep DEEP and LONG.

How is this related to Phase 1 of the protocol? Anyone have any information or ideas on this?

My MD always told me I needed more deep sleep and I could never achieve this - but now on the Phase 1 section - with no sugar, wheat or dairy - i feel so good and sleep wonderfully.

Would love your thoughts!

It's going to be a GREAT year!

Rev. Kate
Old 01-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #7  
RevKate

Default Sleep Deep?

Greetings this new year everyone!
I am Kate and I have RE started up again - as of thanksgiving weekend - I have lost 6+ pounds with only 18 more to go for my goal.

I started 2012 and did very well and then did not complete the protocol for returning to ordinary food life....so now I am back at it and feeling even better than the first time.

QUESTIOn for the NEW YEAR - SLEEP question

Anyone else experience a dramatic change in sleep patterns? I have! Amazing - I sleep 8 + hours each night - deeply - with no disturbances.

I used to get only 5 hours a night and was up feeling poorly through out the evening.

Now I sleep DEEP and LONG.

How is this related to Phase 1 of the protocol? Anyone have any information or ideas on this?

My MD always told me I needed more deep sleep and I could never achieve this - but now on the Phase 1 section - with no sugar, wheat or dairy - i feel so good and sleep wonderfully.

Would love your thoughts!

It's going to be a GREAT year!

Rev. Kate
Old 01-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #8  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Happy New Year, IPeeps. May your health and enjoyment of life improve as you shed the pounds you don't want.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!

I've been reading some wonderful quotes today, all very inspiring! 2015 will be a *great* year!

I have been sick for over a week now, not fun at all. My son was in a hockey tournament until late on Tuesday so I decided yesterday and today were "stay in bed and rest" days. I need to get over this cold/plague!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Jo
Old 01-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #10  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Social Occasions

Yesterday night was my first social occasion on plan. I did not deviate, yay! But it was a challenge bc I got the usual remarks: I should have waited until Jan 1. Question after question about the program. As in, "How can you do that? It seems impossible." And comments like, "The first two weeks are okay, and then low carb is so boring." Thankfully, the people who inspired me to look into the program were there and they countered some things like the person who talked about getting bored--they just said, "You get past that. And then, you don't miss it all bc your cravings disappear." I was thankful for that. And people liked the OP food I brought: seasoned grilled chicken breast and also some roasted radishes, turnips, and cauliflower. People were shocked at how different the radishes tasted roasted. I was still handed champagne. I kept it to toast with and then gave it back. So in general, it all worked out, and my friends are really good-hearted. I just don't think people "get" the concept of abstinence when it comes to food. I don't like answering a lot of questions, but I am going to work on gracious default responses
Old 01-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #11  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Sorry to hear you are sick, PurpleMomster

Hang in there, Purple Momster. There is definitely crud going around. Still amazed that I haven't gotten sick yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!

I've been reading some wonderful quotes today, all very inspiring! 2015 will be a *great* year!

I have been sick for over a week now, not fun at all. My son was in a hockey tournament until late on Tuesday so I decided yesterday and today were "stay in bed and rest" days. I need to get over this cold/plague!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Jo
Old 01-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/169/140

Height: 5'0

Good Morning!

I started IP on 12/26 and last night was my first rough night. After I ate my dinner and half a package of choc soy puffs (all of which I've eaten before) I started to get a tingling/itchy feeling throughout my body. Even in my scalp. I was up with it until about 3am. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/255/145

Height: 5'5"

Default This is my year

New here today, so cliche Will be starting on Monday, I'm looking forward to everyones progress/hints/tips!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Happy New Year! So many new adventures to experience. Wherever you are on your weight loss journey, I wish for you strength and success. Just imagine all the possibilities the New Year brings... 2015 is your year!
Old 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #15  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikens View Post
Good Morning!

I started IP on 12/26 and last night was my first rough night. After I ate my dinner and half a package of choc soy puffs (all of which I've eaten before) I started to get a tingling/itchy feeling throughout my body. Even in my scalp. I was up with it until about 3am. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!
I just did a google search on "rash from soy" and found the following on Livestrong,com:

Skin rashes are a common symptom of a food-related allergy. These rashes typically appear within a few minutes after eating a food to which you're allergic. One of the most common food allergens is soy. This product of soy beans is a common ingredient in baked goods, cereals and processed meats. If you experience a rash after eating soy products, consult your doctor.

Cause of Allergic Skin Rash

Increased levels of histamine in the blood can cause allergic rashes. If your immune system mistakenly identifies the proteins in soy as a dangerous substance, it begins to attack, notes MedlinePlus. Your immune system creates antibodies to ward off the proteins, and the antibodies cause mast cells to increase the production of histamine. Once histamine reaches the skin, it can cause inflammation, irritation and swelling.

Common Skin Rashes

The most common skin rashes from an allergy to soy are hives, eczema and general itching, according to the Mayo Clinic. Hives are welts that appear in clusters anywhere on the body. They are flat on top and have defined borders, but differ in shape in size. Hives are extremely itchy and are made worse by scratching. Eczema appears as raw patches or as small, raised bumps that can weep and crust over. In severe cases, eczema can leave permanent scars.
Closed Thread