Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Want2b, I am feeling the same way. Think I am going to do some Phase 3 days over the weekend.

Steph, fleece pjs every night for me. Hope your pre pms is getting better!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Roads have cleared, Steph... I went out to patrol the past two nights. Off for a couple days from that job.
Did you end up mashing the broccoflower? How was it? I've never used it a dip - I just like the more complex flavour on its own. BTW, sending you some PMS . I know what the PMS Hangries are, lol.
Slip, you guys out east are pretty cold these days! NOT he problem here right now - it's 5C (approx. 40F) and everything is melting like crazy! Stay warm in the fuzzy jammies.

Hi to all the rest of the Octob-ers!!
Liana
Old 01-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #33  

Liana, we were below zero last night. Expecting a messy commute tomorrow morning, just enough snow to muck up the roads.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi all;

Well, still in mid range and dealing with a lot of cold! Glad things cleared up for you Liana. We will deal with snow and cold until March probably! I got a run in yesterday which I'm happy about. I keep trying to follow my exercise schedule but now our treadmill has died. So, we will have to figure out whether we want to invest in a new one or see if this one is fixable. But, we believe the motor is gone. It had a 10 year warranty on the motor and we just passed the 10 year mark.

I have been reading everyones posts and keeping up. Its one day at a time, try our best, keep focused on our goals and working towards them. Some days are easier then others but we don't give up! Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #35  

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the PMS power Liana. It feels a bit better today. The broccoflower as a dip was really nice - sweeter than cauliflower. I will definitely buy it again!

Had my first WI in 3 weeks. It was not great. I am still up 3.8 lbs and the fat % is WAY up. I won't worry about the body composition right now because I know my body is being weird after the Christmas free-for-all and the PMS from **** week. Next Friday will be much better. I've been a bit stressed out too which probably doesn't help. A good friend lost her baby at 22 weeks on Jan 1 and my hubby's grandma is dying in the hospital right now. Many other people dealing with loss and sickness at this time. Need some good news people!

Happy Friday
Old 01-10-2015, 07:32 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hey determined dieters,

I didn't realize until this week that this thread originally stared in October of 2013. I joined sept. I know all is welcome which is much appreciated I like the chat and check in in December.

Sounds like everyone is working so hard to get back on track and seeing the holiday up lbs come down. Steph, you're doing great and have so much going on right now. I'm sure when some of the stress goes you'll see a lose. Want2b, you can do it! Sometimes I just think about staying on course from one meal to the next and before I know it the day is done. When I'm out of allowed food I leave the main floor where the kitchen is and head upstairs.

Hope everyone has a great day and find sometime to do something nice for your self.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #37  

Jenny, it started then, so I keep it in the name so that we can find each other. We are all at varying stages of the IP journey so talk is not always within Phase 1 parameters.(as you know) Everyone is welcome.

The past two days have been on track! Yay! Also very relaxing, since I have not left the house except to take down the outdoor Christmas decorations. The tree is down and most of the decorations have been put away. The livingroom always looks so empty after all of the decor is gone.

Have been watching the coverage of the French demonstrations and it gives me hope that their country can heal. I pray for kindness and more peace in our world.

Steph, were you able to hang tough against the pms hangries? On Friday, I folded like a tent!

Want2b- how are you doing, friend?

Jenny, one meal at a time is the right approach for it both ways. Staying
on track and accepting a slip as one meal and getting back on track without falling into a puddle of shame and failure. Trying hard to break that cycle of thinking.

Hawaii, I wish you luck with your treadmill. I have one but after breaking the same bone in my left foot twice, it no longer appreciates the repetive movement of walking on the treadmill.

Liana, how is the great melt going?

Everyone, How was your weekend?

Hi to Hiker, Luccilove, Kooky, Schenectady, and Kawaii.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: I am still here. Same old problems, grr. Not eating out of control, just little things I shouldn't. Had more water today, which was good. Every day is a struggle but I am not giving up. Thanks for checking on me.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hello all;

Well, good news that the weather is warming up. Suppose to be in the pluses tomorrow, yayy. A nice break from the cold. Too bad about the foot Slip! I do hope that we can get the treadmill figured out soon. Zumba tonight which I always enjoy. Still plugging away, not down to low range but working at it. Its a struggle Want2B, but take a day at a time and focus on that day in getting back on track. Hi to Steph, Liana and Jenny. And all the rest of you October Newbies!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #40  

Hi everyone,

Feeling much more in control. Getting my water in, eating pretty much Phase 3 and not eating after 8:00. It is TOM so the weight is not dropping quickly, but I can live with that.

Want2b, I felt that way last week. It can be really hard to get back into the healthy groove. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Guilt/Shame never helps, it just sets us up to binge.

Hawaii, glad that it is warming up for you . Yay for you for plugging along. Have fun a Zumba! I always have such a hard time motivating myself to go out on a weeknight during the winter. So dark and cold.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all.... just plugging along, like the rest of you

Liana
Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #42  

Height: 5'2

Hey Slip - unfortunately I succumbed to the hangries and had a bit of a junk food binge on Saturday aft/evening. My husband's grandma had passed away that morning so we decided on a lazy afternoon of movie watching and junking out. Luckily the worst of TOM stuff is over. I'm back to phase 3 and I've been to the gym for some treadmill running the past two days. My boss had to leave town last minute to attend to his ailing parents so my work schedule is wunky this week. Just when I was feeling good about things - MORE STRESS. It made me want donuts today. I don't normally like donuts but something about struggling on IP makes me crave them. Bah!

Good to see you all checking in after the holidays. I hope Kawaii, Hiker, Luccilove, and KookySuki are doing well.

S.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

I have been 100% today, I will not cave tonight, I will not cave tonight. Lol. Hopefully repeating tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:32 AM   #44  

Steph, I am sorry about your husband's grandmother Stress is tough. You are not alone, I gave in to the hangries on Friday. Definitely pms related,ugh!

Want2b, yay for 100%!

Heard a great quote during the Golden Globes, "this is going to be a great day, we can do this."
Old 01-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #45  

Yesterday, I booked a very expensive spa weekend for my BFF/SIL's 50th birthday. It is at a swanky place and I almost died when I heard the cost, but she has been my bf since age 16.(The fact that she married my brother just made the family title official.) She is definitely worth a big splurge.

Today, my car broke down on the way to work! Murphy's Law seems to be having it's way. Can you hear my whine? lol. Just bad timing I guess. On the positive side of things, I was able to limp to the service station without being towed or stranded on the side of 95.

Pray that the repair bill does not bankrupt me :P Better to whine here than eat my worry away.
Closed Thread