Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:44 PM   #106  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Awsome WI .... Good for you!

Ugh first week I had a +1 at WI....so aggravating! But I did not falter...actually lost 1.5 inches. Came home made my lunch and moved on....but not before I had plenty of negative thoughts in my head! Ugh when will the self doubt end. I know I was on program, but to see that 1 up I was like ...damn I should have had that wine at the wedding lol....anyway I have regrouped, talked myself off the ledge, ate perfect yesterday and I have planned for a good day today.
Oh Sue - you have dealt so well with so many daily challenges, crazy schedule with the hockey playing son, and what appears to be a very active social life. You are running circles around most of us and your average monthly loss rate is spectacular! A one pound bump cannot become a showstopper - you are too good for that! So glad you got right back on the wagon!

Also - regarding wine/alcohol - I think it's like the last thing we can transgress with without upsetting ketosis... Just a small quantity can probably do big damage to our chemical balance that's making IP work for us.

I had the one lb bump myself a week ago.... I know what a downer that is - I got religious about 100% OP and had a really good week. If I did it, I know you can do it !

Old 01-31-2015, 01:48 PM   #107  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Default Joining too!

Hello...I'd like to join your group too. I started in mid June but didn't start following these threads until later....so I have always felt bonded to you ladies!! We are going to make our goals and then survive through maintenance together.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:28 PM   #108  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
Hello...I'd like to join your group too. I started in mid June but didn't start following these threads until later....so I have always felt bonded to you ladies!! We are going to make our goals and then survive through maintenance together.
Wow!!! what a popular crew is building up here!
Sure OhZoe -- glad to have you with us! JJTX's idea of a Summer 2014 group is beginning to form already!
Old 02-01-2015, 07:27 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Good news!! I bet she was so happy for you. Love positive Dr appnts.

Wish my DH would get checked for sleep apnea. He is always so tired and I can hear him at night. So stubborn!

Good for you for hanging tough! Amazing how we can be truckin' along and one bad week can creep negativity into our heads. You did the best you could on your trip this weekend given your food options. Hoping you see a bigger loss at next weeks WI!! I bet you were retaining water from your travels still.

I have my own travel challenge today. Taking DS to a campus open house so he can start checking out colleges. The agenda includes lunch in their cafeteria...why am I thinking this will not bode well? Maybe food quality has changed since I went to college 25yrs ago. Not sure how I did it but I'm out of lettuce so it will be a challenge to pack my own lunch. Wish me luck!
I know the feeling....we are planning for the summer college huntin trips now. My son is a junior this year. We have looked at 1 already and are seeing another March 1. The big ones he wants to see that involve travel will,have to wait till hockey season is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
Hi Ladies - I started in September and there never was a group for us! I was reading the thread about upper body and had to laugh because I was just telling a friend of mine about my diet situation (she hasn't seen me in a month and 1/2 but knows all about the diet). I'm thrilled at my progress, really seeing the pounds and inches move. BUt, I have the opposite problem with the chest reduction. I have always been pear shaped and on the average/smaller side up top. Probably the only remotely positive thing about being fat was I was getting generous up there. Now, it's freaking me out because it feels like I"m losing disproportionately It started out just the band size but now it's noticeable in the cup size. I wish it would stop and redistribute to my bottom, legs, and arms!
Welcome to our group! Ha my waist is down like 13 inches....bust like 1/2 that....ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Oh Sue - you have dealt so well with so many daily challenges, crazy schedule with the hockey playing son, and what appears to be a very active social life. You are running circles around most of us and your average monthly loss rate is spectacular! A one pound bump cannot become a showstopper - you are too good for that! So glad you got right back on the wagon!

Also - regarding wine/alcohol - I think it's like the last thing we can transgress with without upsetting ketosis... Just a small quantity can probably do big damage to our chemical balance that's making IP work for us.

I had the one lb bump myself a week ago.... I know what a downer that is - I got religious about 100% OP and had a really good week. If I did it, I know you can do it !

Thanks! You know I will stick to it, just amazing what a downer that 1lb can be on your ego. Here you think your plugging along so good and whamo. But I have been op all weekend and I am hosting a superbowl party tonight of friends and neighbors....plan is in place. Nothing else I am making will tempt me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
welcome aboard.....I am technically a June started, but fell in with this group since the beginning.

Off to a quick trip to the store this am before DS's hockey game. Then home to prep for our annual Super Bowl party.

Our new bedroom furniture was delivered yesterday...so modern...changes the look of our bedroom completely. I love it.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
It is true - I have always felt that I gained from the bottom up and lost from the top down... I have a neck now, and my face is tremendously thinner - it is the first thing old friends notice. To be honest I feel that I look older - all the plumpness has disappeared.

Shasta10 - come join our July gang as a regular! We are a small but determined group and glad to have you with us!
Oneuh - thank you for the warm welcome! It's nice to be part of a group that has been doing it as long as me and understands the ebb and flow of this diet.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #111  

Super Bowl Sunday DONE! Again I made it thru without a cheat....that damn scale better move tomorrow lol...

Snow day here today. There are tons of desserts left. I am planning on freezing some of them for when my son has his friends over. The rest will be in a large black bag outside for garbage pick up! At least I have DS home today to help clean up the aftermath..
Old 02-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' y'all! And welcome Shasta and OhZoe!!

Had a busy weekend, and a busy week ahead! For "superbowl snack" I made a dip with roasted red peppers that I found at Whole Foods and cauliflower. I loathe cauliflower but was very happy with how it turned out. Ate it with a pack of vinegar crisps - yum!

WI tomorrow, home scale is giving me a pound so we'll see what happens. It will also be a measuring day, and my coach wants to take progress pics.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #113  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Mornin' y'all! And welcome Shasta and OhZoe!!

Had a busy weekend, and a busy week ahead! For "superbowl snack" I made a dip with roasted red peppers that I found at Whole Foods and cauliflower. I loathe cauliflower but was very happy with how it turned out. Ate it with a pack of vinegar crisps - yum!

WI tomorrow, home scale is giving me a pound so we'll see what happens. It will also be a measuring day, and my coach wants to take progress pics.
Sgrealtor1 and JJTx -- Best of luck with your weigh in's tomorrow.

I managed to generally avoid any Super Bowl partying - I had my nails done and survived a flood of water overflowing from the upstairs laundry room thru the ceiling of the kitchen onto the gas range... after the clean up upstairs and in the kitchen, I had a fairly normal evening dinner, IP compliant... but in all the run around I forgot all about water. I was up 1.5 on my home scale this AM after such a nice whoosh yesterday morning. Exasperating, but I am on program today, so I hope all will even out in the end.

Tomorrow I will find out what the round 1 payout from my Diet Bet challenge will be... cannot wait to find out!!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Oneoh - Gosh it sounds like you've been thru the ringer between laundry room floods and flat tires!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:19 AM   #115  

Quote:
Sgrealtor1 and JJTx -- Best of luck with your weigh in's tomorrow.

I managed to generally avoid any Super Bowl partying - I had my nails done and survived a flood of water overflowing from the upstairs laundry room thru the ceiling of the kitchen onto the gas range... after the clean up upstairs and in the kitchen, I had a fairly normal evening dinner, IP compliant... but in all the run around I forgot all about water. I was up 1.5 on my home scale this AM after such a nice whoosh yesterday morning. Exasperating, but I am on program today, so I hope all will even out in the end.

Tomorrow I will find out what the round 1 payout from my Diet Bet challenge will be... cannot wait to find out!!
Ugh sorry about the flood! Sunday since I was hosting, I forgot to have my snack.....I was up on the scale yesterday, but I am hoping that was false and I am back down at least that 1 I gained last week... Wi is later today since my coach called last night her daughter has a delayed opening in school today so she had to move my appointment..
Old 02-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #116  

Down 2.2 today, it's been a stressful week so I will definitely take it! Also down 3.75 inches overall from 2 weeks ago. My coach wanted to take progress pics so I spent a few extra minutes on my hair and makeup this morning.

Sue- hope that pound whooshes away, looking forward to good results for you today!!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Oneuh2 – Yikes! Sorry about your flood. Hope everything is okay. Nothing like a little stress after a nice relaxing mani!

JJTx – Another great loss. So exciting that your coach is taking progress photos. Can’t wait to see the before, during and after. My coach took photos when I hit 70lbs lost (although she hasn’t shown me the before or during yet).

Had a good 4.2lb loss this week, which is nice since I only lost .2 last week.

Question for you ladies, I have gone off plan for a scheduled vacation last summer (had just started the plan and had lost 20lbs at that point) as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas day. I have been invited to my company’s executive retreat at the end of this month which is a really big deal. I’ve never been invited before so I’m not totally sure what to expect. I work in the restaurant industry so food and drinks are always in excess at any company event. I’ve been to a couple dinners and been able to stay OP but I am starting to hear about agenda for this trip and am thinking there is NO WAY I am going to be able to be 100% OP. BBQ, drinking, fancy awards dinners. Breakfast and lunch are buffet style. Initially I thought about making it work but now I am leaning towards taking a couple days off. I’ve been dealing with some diet fatigue so it is enticing. I haven’t had any problems getting right back OP to date but hate to extend P1 any longer than possible. I am really on the fence….

I also have friend who’s DH is planning a surprise 40th birthday party with a daylong winery tour around the hill county for a group of us in April. It crossed my mind of taking that day off too.

Is my resolve weakening or are these realistic exceptions after being OP 8 months?

Last edited by CenTXChk; 02-03-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #118  

Quote:
Down 2.2 today, it's been a stressful week so I will definitely take it! Also down 3.75 inches overall from 2 weeks ago. My coach wanted to take progress pics so I spent a few extra minutes on my hair and makeup this morning.

Sue- hope that pound whooshes away, looking forward to good results for you today!!
Nice Loss!

Quote:
Oneuh2 – Yikes! Sorry about your flood. Hope everything is okay. Nothing like a little stress after a nice relaxing mani!

JJTx – Another great loss. So exciting that your coach is taking progress photos. Can’t wait to see the before, during and after. My coach took photos when I hit 70lbs lost (although she hasn’t shown me the before or during yet).

Question for you ladies, I have gone off plan for a scheduled vacation last summer (had just started the plan and had lost 20lbs at that point) as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas day. I have been invited to my company’s executive retreat at the end of this month which is a really big deal. I’ve never been invited before so I’m not totally sure what to expect. I work in the restaurant industry so food and drinks are always in excess at any company event. I’ve been to a couple dinners and been able to stay OP but I am starting to hear about agenda for this trip and am thinking there is NO WAY I am going to be able to be 100% OP. BBQ, drinking, fancy awards dinners. Breakfast and lunch are buffet style. Initially I thought about making it work but now I am leaning towards taking a couple days off. I’ve been dealing with some diet fatigue so it is enticing. I haven’t had any problems getting right back OP to date but hate to extend P1 any longer than possible. I am really on the fence….

I also have friend who’s DH is planning a surprise 40th birthday party with a daylong winery tour around the hill county for a group of us in April. It crossed my mind of taking that day off too.

Is my resolve weakening or are these realistic exceptions after being OP 8 months?
Nice Job on the scale today! Good for you..... My 2 cents on the retreat is that you can only do the best you can do for yourself. Try to keep yourself as accountable as possible. Buffets are easy for me to stay on plan. If you have something a bit off, oh well...Get right back on it as soon as you can! Good luck!

So my WI today was down 3pounds AND 1 inch down in chest, waist and hips! Maybe I am glad I had the gain last week...NOT LOL
Old 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #119  

great losses ladies!!!!

CenTxChk - when I went on vacation a few weeks in the program, my coach said that if I needed to, to go Phase 2 for a couple of days - maybe that's an option for you? Otherwise, take your IP products and OP snacks, and as Sue says work around as best as you can. I know the diet fatigue is raging, but try not to let it take you off the rails.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #120  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Ugh grim, sorry to hear about your water disaster. Hope it's a good payout for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
.I was up on the scale yesterday, but I am hoping that was false and I am back down at least that 1 I gained last week... Wi is later today since my coach called last night her daughter has a delayed opening in school today so she had to move my appointment..
Saw your post on the daily thread that you have lost inches! Way better than those mean scales. Congrats.

Quote:
Isn't it weird how stressful weeks happen and we can STILL lose weight? Don't know about you, but in the past I'd definitely have eaten to compensate for it. Congrats on the loss and the inches gone.

Quote:

Congrats on the nice loss!

Could you contact the caterers for the retreat and find out in advance what the food they are likely to be providing is like? If you get a nod then you can plan what you need to take around what they are serving.

It would be a shame to delay yourself on P1 BUT how often do these events come around? Will trying to stay as compliant as possible distract you from what you are there to learn/enjoy/do ? By now you know how to eat real food without over-indulging so the only weight you'd potentially gain is replenishment of the glycogen stores and you'd lose that in the first week back on P1 anyway.
Closed Thread