Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #46  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the brownie ideas -- I will try it tomorrow night!

This evening I have just baked a couple of rutabagas so I have what I need to make some sweet fauxtato pie (custard really - no crust).

I tried making it at Thanksgiving but I did not have pumpkin pie spice and the result was bland despite my efforts to combine cinnamon and nutmeg... so I am trying it again. Scorbett raves about it and I love an egg custard
Old 01-18-2015, 06:59 PM   #47  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Terrific Loser58!!!

I was just looking thru our original Any July Starters thread -- so many of us have dropped off the radar... SuziqinDC, Danijo, SaraBee, Tanklan, OperationSkinny.... all were rolling along thru the whole summer but it seems none of them made it past Thanksgiving.

So sorry they did not make to into the new year with us.... this just reminds me that the days, weeks and months will go by, whether I am making smart choices to manage my eating or not.... it's great to have had 6 months pass and to be close to 60lbs down! I am so glad I have hung in here and so grateful that you guys are with me!

If any of us even think about dropping out of 3FC, let's commit to coming here for support to hang in to goal and then to hang in for maintenance.
I REALLY don't want to let my hard work to get even this far go down the throat to make my tummy big again!!!!
I'm still on IP. I still read when I can, but I started a very demanding new job in October that doesn't leave a lot of time for forums. I also found myself getting pretty annoyed with some people here (nobody in this thread though ), so the benefits of posting didn't outweigh having to restrain myself from being equally snarky back.

Anyhow, glad to see you're all doing so well. I'm down 70 pounds!

Last edited by SarahBee_; 01-18-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:58 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post
I'm still on IP. I still read when I can, but I started a very demanding new job in October that doesn't leave a lot of time for forums. I also found myself getting pretty annoyed with some people here (nobody in this thread though ), so the benefits of posting didn't outweigh having to restrain myself from being equally snarky back.

Great Job Sarah! Good to see you.....keep us posted when you can you are doing great!
Old 01-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #49  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBee_ View Post

Fabulous results, SaraBee!! I am very envious of your 70 lb loss! I am still struggling to get to 60... seem to be hanging out in the vicinity of 180 and not moving on, posthaste, into the 170's.

I hear you regarding the tone of some of the posts here in the IP sub forum - I don't know why a very small few need to be so 'perfectionist' about use of the site, and about iP protocol rules and restrictions, etc. I wince reading some of the very curt, and often overly directive responses. I guess we who become overweight or obese have a very broad variety of personalities that help to get us there.... and some of those behaviors come thru loud and clear in the postings.

However, most of the postings are supportive and informative -- and I hope you will tune in here with us July 2014 starters from time to time - I think we can be our own very positive, inclusive, and unconditional support group going forward into maintenance.

And I also believe that our willingness to stay connected and to support one another in maintenance is going to be even more important and helpful than it has been during this Phase 1 segment of the program where we are on a pretty manageable eating routine to lose the excess weight.

I promise to try never to be a pain in the neck here... I miss you SaraBee!!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #50  
Started IP July 28, 2014

Phew, I'm not the only one. I just don't have enough patience for that kind of behaviour. The same thing happens on all forums, regardless if they're for weight loss or gaming or photography or anything. There are always a couple who think the forum is their fiefdom.

I will stop in here now and again. I just find this forum to be more negative than positive on my emotional state, so I'm limiting my involvement.

Good luck all. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:39 PM   #51  
oneuh2

Quote:
Thanks for the brownie ideas -- I will try it tomorrow night!

This evening I have just baked a couple of rutabagas so I have what I need to make some sweet fauxtato pie (custard really - no crust).

I tried making it at Thanksgiving but I did not have pumpkin pie spice and the result was bland despite my efforts to combine cinnamon and nutmeg... so I am trying it again. Scorbett raves about it and I love an egg custard
I thought I would post an update regarding my brownie experience... I heated the IP Double Choc Brownie in the microwave tonite - 30 seconds was long enough, and I found that I needed to eat it with a fork -- this is good - I have to engage more to eat it and can take little bites to make it last... I am so addicted to sweet stuff - can you tell?

Anyway... I wondered if you guys talking about the brownie bar was really referring to the Quest brownie bar... I am sure that heating those produces a different effect than heating the IP brownie that's so soft and lightly chewy to start with,.... if I mixed things up please let me know... altho - I must confess - just the scent of the IP brownie that is heated was heavenly!!!

My sweet fauxtato custard came out fine -- altho I think maybe I might cut back on the quantity of rutabaga, just to get a little less of the peppery undertaste that comes with rutabaga.... I am enjoying the custard though - I would love to have just a regular egg custard - I wonder if I could use a vanilla RTD or a vanilla drink mixed up together with the eggs to make an egg custard?

Any thoughts? I probably should ask Rainbowsmiles - she seems to be the experimental IP chef extraordinaire...
Old 01-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Re. brownies - I don't use any alternatives, so I was referring to the IP one. Also yummy is the caramel-nut bar, it's almost like a snickers!

As for the other comments from the weekend, I can't tell you how relieved I am to read this exchange. I purposely stayed off the forums the past few days to decide whether this is a good place to spend my energy. I'm still on the fence, although I love our July group

Kicking off the weigh-in reports, I'm down 2.2 this week! My coach and I decided that 2 pounds a week is a pretty good goal at this point, as it seems to be what I'm settling in to. (Of course I won't lie, an occasional whoosh is always welcome! )

Hope everyone has a great OP week!!
Old 01-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #53  

Down another pound!

Have to agree on some of the comments from people on the forums, but I have my few that I stick to and some names I don't read comments. Lol. But glad there is a group of us that have stuck it out....
Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #54  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Another Tuesday weigher reporting in. 2 lbs down this week for me too. Approaching the 3/4 mark (75 pounds) and hoping to leave another "decade" behind with a number in the 180s next week.

On Friday I will have been IP for 6 months. Kind of amazing, given that I originally committed to 3 weeks. Part of me is very excited at the thought that I could actually reach my goal. The other part can't face the idea of spending another 3 months eating these same packets. So, I will just do what I have done from the beginning - stay with it a week at a time. Added the crisps to my order this week to mix things up a bit. Don't love them, but they hit the spot when I want a crunch.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #55  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
loser58[/B];5120602]Another Tuesday weigher reporting in. 2 lbs down this week for me too. Approaching the 3/4 mark (75 pounds) and hoping to leave another "decade" behind with a number in the 180s next week.

On Friday I will have been IP for 6 months. Kind of amazing, given that I originally committed to 3 weeks. Part of me is very excited at the thought that I could actually reach my goal. The other part can't face the idea of spending another 3 months eating these same packets. So, I will just do what I have done from the beginning - stay with it a week at a time. Added the crisps to my order this week to mix things up a bit. Don't love them, but they hit the spot when I want a crunch.
Congrats on the 2lb loss, Loser58!!! I myself will be grateful to have a 2lb loss... I am really stuck at the 180 lb level, just not dropping into the 170's.
I hope you will continue with us in 3FC-- your results look excellent to me, and I really look forward to our little band of skinnier IPeeps doing maintenance together.

I know that for me, maintaining and avoiding backsliding is the real challenge - and when I read in the threads about re-booters who have regained ALL that they lost, I feel my heart skip a beat! (really, I suck air in horror!!! )

I am so unwilling to deal with letting myself slide right back to a size 2X with swollen ankles and knee pain and a wardrobe that resembles the latest fashion line from Omar the Tentmaker. I am sorry to say that I have done that before, more than one time, and there is nothing more depressing, debilitating, and self-defeating.

And I know that if that did happen this time, I would not stop at my previous all time high - as happened before, I'd probably gather a few more new pounds during the slide and be even more miserable than I was last summer.

All this to say - I need you guys to help me avoid that kind of bummer experience!!! And I really want to support all of you in avoiding it too.
So please, Loser58 -- I really hope you will hang with us July Starters...

Quote:
Sgrealtor1: Down another pound!
Excellent Sue - any progress in the right direction is SO welcome!!! You have been doing so well, despite the yummy sounding cooking for your family, and all the extra curricular activities with your kids that challenge your ability to stay OP --- but you are making it work anyway!

btw - I went to your profile page yesterday, looking for an earlier posting by you about the brownie and I saw your other photo (earlier image than your current one used as your avatar)-- wow -- I see a huge change in how you are looking since you have lost 5 months worth of weight! The especially pretty you is emerging like a butterfly as you continue dropping pounds!!!

Quote:
JJTx: Re. brownies - I don't use any alternatives, so I was referring to the IP one. Also yummy is the caramel-nut bar, it's almost like a snickers!

As for the other comments from the weekend, I can't tell you how relieved I am to read this exchange. I purposely stayed off the forums the past few days to decide whether this is a good place to spend my energy. I'm still on the fence, although I love our July group

Kicking off the weigh-in reports, I'm down 2.2 this week! My coach and I decided that 2 pounds a week is a pretty good goal at this point, as it seems to be what I'm settling in to. (Of course I won't lie, an occasional whoosh is always welcome! )
JJTx -- I have to say that you, and Sue and Loser58 have all been such good cheerleaders for me, and for others on the IP forum -- I love our little group too, and I refuse to let one or two folks (particularly those affliceted with extreme OCD) get in the way of the value I have gotten from 3FC IP.

Thanks for kicking off the weigh in's for this week - good progress with the 2.2lbs, JJTx! All you guys are leaving me in the dust...

I don't have my official WI until Thursday... I am slowly emerging from a rather bound up period - The Big C (constipation, not cancer, thanks goodness). I am hoping maybe I will see downward movement by Thursday. I used to wish for one of those 3 or 4 lb whoosh weeks, and right now I will be very grateful for a 2 lb loss. ;-)

Thanks for being here with me in our July Starter group -- knowing I'll connect with you all regularly has been so valuable in my journey - I am happy to just lurk in other threads, knowing I can come back here when I really need or want to share ups and downs.

as a closing note... I wanna know what Ariel13 is eating everyday -- 80 lbs down in 5 months...WOW!!!! she must be younger and more active than I am... but I really wish she was posting her food plans in the 'What are you eating today, IPeeps?" thread.... my inquiring mind wants to know!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #56  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Quote:

All this to say - I need you guys to help me avoid that kind of bummer experience!!! And I really want to support all of you in avoiding it too.
So please, Loser58 -- I really hope you will hang with us July Starters...

I didn't mean to imply that I was quitting, or even thinking about quitting. I am just going to continue my strategy of focusing on the next week (and sometimes the next day), because even now, 6 months in, thinking about another 3 months seems too daunting.

This July group has been a real inspiration to me too. I intend to hang in this thread until the end...and then some. I think it will be really helpful to have each other for support as we move through the rest of the phases. July starters rule!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:32 PM   #57  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
I didn't mean to imply that I was quitting, or even thinking about quitting. I am just going to continue my strategy of focusing on the next week (and sometimes the next day), because even now, 6 months in, thinking about another 3 months seems too daunting.

This July group has been a real inspiration to me too. I intend to hang in this thread until the end...and then some. I think it will be really helpful to have each other for support as we move through the rest of the phases. July starters rule!
so glad to hear it!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #58  

Quote:
Another Tuesday weigher reporting in. 2 lbs down this week for me too. Approaching the 3/4 mark (75 pounds) and hoping to leave another "decade" behind with a number in the 180s next week.

OK you really hit a note with me on that. I too look at the IP Cabinet I have created and think "Ugh another week" But then I look at myself in the mirror and actually see some bones here and there that I have not seen in years and think....."OK another week" We are worth it!!!!

Quote:
Congrats on the 2lb loss, Loser58!!! I myself will be grateful to have a 2lb loss... I am really stuck at the 180 lb level, just not dropping into the 170's.
I hope you will continue with us in 3FC-- your results look excellent to me, and I really look forward to our little band of skinnier IPeeps doing maintenance together.

I know that for me, maintaining and avoiding backsliding is the real challenge - and when I read in the threads about re-booters who have regained ALL that they lost, I feel my heart skip a beat! (really, I suck air in horror!!! ) Seriously I feel the same way!

I am so unwilling to deal with letting myself slide right back to a size 2X with swollen ankles and knee pain and a wardrobe that resembles the latest fashion line from Omar the Tentmaker. I am sorry to say that I have done that before, more than one time, and there is nothing more depressing, debilitating, and self-defeating.

And I know that if that did happen this time, I would not stop at my previous all time high - as happened before, I'd probably gather a few more new pounds during the slide and be even more miserable than I was last summer. Agreed the weight always comes back with friends

Excellent Sue - any progress in the right direction is SO welcome!!! You have been doing so well, despite the yummy sounding cooking for your family, and all the extra curricular activities with your kids that challenge your ability to stay OP --- but you are making it work anyway!

btw - I went to your profile page yesterday, looking for an earlier posting by you about the brownie and I saw your other photo (earlier image than your current one used as your avatar)-- wow -- I see a huge change in how you are looking since you have lost 5 months worth of weight! The especially pretty you is emerging like a butterfly as you continue dropping pounds!!!

Thanks! I feel great too!

JJTx -- I have to say that you, and Sue and Loser58 have all been such good cheerleaders for me, and for others on the IP forum -- I love our little group too, and I refuse to let one or two folks (particularly those affliceted with extreme OCD) get in the way of the value I have gotten from 3FC IP.

Thanks for kicking off the weigh in's for this week - good progress with the 2.2lbs, JJTx! All you guys are leaving me in the dust...

I don't have my official WI until Thursday... I am slowly emerging from a rather bound up period - The Big C (constipation, not cancer, thanks goodness). I am hoping maybe I will see downward movement by Thursday. I used to wish for one of those 3 or 4 lb whoosh weeks, and right now I will be very grateful for a 2 lb loss. ;-) Ugh I hate that!

Thanks for being here with me in our July Starter group -- knowing I'll connect with you all regularly has been so valuable in my journey - I am happy to just lurk in other threads, knowing I can come back here when I really need or want to share ups and downs.

as a closing note... I wanna know what Ariel13 is eating everyday -- 80 lbs down in 5 months...WOW!!!! she must be younger and more active than I am... but I really wish she was posting her food plans in the 'What are you eating today, IPeeps?" thread.... my inquiring mind wants to know!!!
I am grateful for this group and you will have to save me a spot in maintenance as I feel I will be the last to make it. I need a whoosh week to boost my progress along LOL....
Old 01-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #59  

Quote:

Yes we will!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Loser and Sue on your losses!!

Oneuh2 - fingers crossed for you tomorrow!!

I too get the "ugh, another week..." mentality, I think that's been part of my slump the last few weeks. But I'm coming out of that, and ready to kick the rest of this weight out of here!

I finally figured out a way to work in some exercise. My son stays for afternoon care at his school, which is 3/4 mile from our house. Yesterday I drove home, put on my sneakers and walked to pick him up. He said it was fun to walk home, so win-win Now on days when the weather permits (not sure about today it's supposed to rain this afternoon), we'll be doing that again. I also signed up for a 6-week Yoga class that will meet on Sunday evenings starting mid-February. I'm hoping to transition that into going 1-2 times a week after the intro class.

Enough about exercise, more about brownies Last night, I warmed one up and drizzled on some caramel sauce - oh my heavens it was yummy!!!
Closed Thread