Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Had my WI today. Down another pound. That is 5.5 pounds in Dec. from my lowest weight which was way back in Sept. First time in my life I have lost weight in Dec and I didn't start IP until Dec7. Am very excited to see what happens in Jan.

Good luck everyone with your WI .
Old 12-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #17  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default So I just ate something weird but good

I had 1 cup of pickle chips and 1 bag of garlic and herb crisps. So I had one pickle chip for almost every crisp. I ate the pickle on top of the crisp--so I got the shape of nachos and the salt of popcorn. I think I just found my go to movie snack.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #18  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I have a WI on Sat. I got some good tips from the site. Dehydrate myself, no breakfast, and do exercise. Nice.

Well, I fully recovered from my surgery so starting my GYM tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:34 PM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR

I have a WI on Sat. I got some good tips from the site. Dehydrate myself, no breakfast, and do exercise. Nice.

Well, I fully recovered from my surgery so starting my GYM tomorrow.
Or....trust that the diet works and don't try to "game" the scale As long as it's moving in the right direction, then it's working! I know we ALL have moments when we get hooked on those numbers (maybe if I hadn't had that shake, I would have "lost" an extra .2 lb) but we forget that the dancing monkey routine before weigh-in doesn't really HELP us in our journey. What happens the one day when you have to eat before WI, or can't do whatever other voodoo that might add a tenth of a pound to your losses? Just BREATHE and trust the process
Old 12-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Or....trust that the diet works and don't try to "game" the scale As long as it's moving in the right direction, then it's working! I know we ALL have moments when we get hooked on those numbers (maybe if I hadn't had that shake, I would have "lost" an extra .2 lb) but we forget that the dancing monkey routine before weigh-in doesn't really HELP us in our journey. What happens the one day when you have to eat before WI, or can't do whatever other voodoo that might add a tenth of a pound to your losses? Just BREATHE and trust the process
Like!
Remember all: this is a journey of health.
Weight loss is a series of data points. Gaming the scale for one data point isn't what the journey is really about. It's another form of trickery and self-deception.

Eat everything on the plan. Drink all your water. And don't be afraid of consuming on-plan before a weigh-in. The scale doesn't only reflect fat. And fat is what we're ultimately eliminating.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #21  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Yesterday was my WI and first measurements taken since beginning IP Dec. 1. Pleased with my results. 13.5 pounds lost and 9.5" lost!

Bit of a rough day yesterday. Mama woke up not feeling well....slurred speech....so I took her to the ER. Spent all day in the ER before my sister relieved me so I could go to the IP class and WI. Only had time to grab a Restricted bar and my water. Good thing I had 2 scrambled eggs before she woke up. Had to eat everything around 7:30 p.m. when I got home. Did not quite get all my water in. Mama is doing well. Heading back to the hospital later this morning. Hoping she comes home today. At least, I didn't have real problems with actual HUNGER. Did start to lose focus, though....probably because I needed more water, but there are SO MANY germs at the hospital I didn't want to touch anything. Lots of flu cases there. At least, we didn't have to spend any time in the waiting room.

Joining the challenge and hoping to take off 25 pounds by spring!
Hope she is doing better and you did a terrific job!!
Old 12-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

Height: 5'8"

Thank you Lisa32989 for recommending the Beck book. I am going to look into it for sure. Diet is a mind game for me and I need to realize this is not a short term diet but a new lifestyle. I do also have a few questions. I am finding it hard to get in the two cups of veggies for both lunch and dinner. Does anyone have any tips. I am also so craving bread! Is the potato bread good? If so, any usefult tips or recipes would be wonderful. I am also going through the recipe thread but though I would post here as well. Thank you all for the support, this website has already helped me tremendously. It is so motivating to see so many people so successful!
Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
Thank you Lisa32989 for recommending the Beck book. I am going to look into it for sure. Diet is a mind game for me and I need to realize this is not a short term diet but a new lifestyle. I do also have a few questions. I am finding it hard to get in the two cups of veggies for both lunch and dinner. Does anyone have any tips. I am also so craving bread! Is the potato bread good? If so, any usefult tips or recipes would be wonderful. I am also going through the recipe thread but though I would post here as well. Thank you all for the support, this website has already helped me tremendously. It is so motivating to see so many people so successful!
Is it a volume issue, or remembering your veggies that is a problem?

If it's remembering, the best thing to do is prepare ahead of time. Chop veggies and portion them out to keep in the fridge, that way you just have to grab and go for lunch. Plan your dinners for the week so you aren't trying to plan "on the fly".

If it's a volume issue and 2 cups is tough to get down in one sitting, first, make sure you are measuring RAW. Cooked veggies have less volume. Then, you can do a few things:
- split up your veggies. Add 1 cup of spinach or mushrooms to the omelet for breakfast. Blend up 1 cup of spinach in your shake (in chocolate you can't even taste that there's spinach in there!). Use 1 cup of sliced cucumbers or celery sticks as a midday snack instead of having them at lunch. Microwave some frozen rhubarb with a sprinkle of splenda & Cinnamon as an evening dessert. It doesn't matter WHEN during the day you eat the veggies, just that you eat all 4 cups every day!

- use purees in soups or as gravy on your protein dinner. There's a whole Fun With Veggie Purees thread with lots of good recipes. making puree reduces the volume - you measure your 2 cups raw and then cook them down and puree them.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good food for thought ...

For me it's not a matter of trying to "game" anything but more trying to have a consistent weigh in. Same time each week and same conditions- it just happens that I go first thing in the morning. Just part of the process.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #25  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Good food for thought ...

For me it's not a matter of trying to "game" anything but more trying to have a consistent weigh in. Same time each week and same conditions- it just happens that I go first thing in the morning. Just part of the process.
Same time of day definitely helps keep the trends consistent....unfortunately nothing is bullet-proof as far as same conditions go....between TOM, stress, weather, how well you stayed hydrated over the previous week, activity level...SOOOO many factors that can affect that darn scale. Like Lisa mentioned, we are aiming for fat loss-but the scale doesn't exclusively measure that, it is affected by a myriad of other things. If we just stay the course, control what we can....all will be well
Old 12-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Awake and dressed at 6AM, waiting to go for weigh in. No coffee, no breakfast, because after all, this is a WEIGH IN! Anyone else play those games? I am hoping if I was really really goof, I might pass into Onderland again, but not likely!
I am so with you in the tricks! Can't imagine waiting until the end of the day to weigh in! Good luck!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #27  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Yesterday was my WI and first measurements taken since beginning IP Dec. 1. Pleased with my results. 13.5 pounds lost and 9.5" lost!

Bit of a rough day yesterday. Mama woke up not feeling well....slurred speech....so I took her to the ER. Spent all day in the ER before my sister relieved me so I could go to the IP class and WI. Only had time to grab a Restricted bar and my water. Good thing I had 2 scrambled eggs before she woke up. Had to eat everything around 7:30 p.m. when I got home. Did not quite get all my water in. Mama is doing well. Heading back to the hospital later this morning. Hoping she comes home today. At least, I didn't have real problems with actual HUNGER. Did start to lose focus, though....probably because I needed more water, but there are SO MANY germs at the hospital I didn't want to touch anything. Lots of flu cases there. At least, we didn't have to spend any time in the waiting room.

Joining the challenge and hoping to take off 25 pounds by spring!
Way to go 13.5 gone! Good luck with your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good Morning!
Anyone as cold as we are here in Wyoming? -30! Without windchill! Well, I guess now we are up to -24, but still!!! I woke up super hungry, drank a liter of water, had my coffee and now feeling stuffed after my quest bar. I must be about ready for a big Whoosh! I WI tomorrow so I am crossing my fingers. I learned from first round of IP to not weigh everyday in the beginning. My mind over analyzes everything.
Brrrrrrr we are cold here in Jersey but no where near THAT cold. Good luck at WI.. I also WI tomorrow.. 1st WI after restart. fingers crossed. Go us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
I'm with Lisa -- it was so helpful to listen to the Beck book during our recent vacation. Something about the audio version kept the messages replaying in my head all week!

About to start day-long prep for tonight's traditional New Year's Eve all-appetizer extravaganza (cooked by yours truly)…. Mostly food I won't be eating myself (fondue, tacos, etc), but I am in charge and in control and able to get through OP! Happy New Year all!
Good luck tonight.. stay the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
Had my WI today. Down another pound. That is 5.5 pounds in Dec. from my lowest weight which was way back in Sept. First time in my life I have lost weight in Dec and I didn't start IP until Dec7. Am very excited to see what happens in Jan.

Good luck everyone with your WI .
Woot Woot! way to go on your loss. I am also excited to see my results at the end of January.. We are gonna rock this!

Happy New Years Eve.
We have no plans, just a low key evening home with my fam.. waiting to ring in a new and better year! Here's to a New and successful year to all.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 217/173/160

Hello everyone,
Just curious if anyone else cancelled New Year's Eve plans because they were scared they would go off program.

I just did but I've worked so hard the last three months I'm not willing to have to start again. Detox is way to hard.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Thank you for all the encouragement and kind thoughts. Mama is coming home today.

I think I just screwed up......unintentionally....OMG.....do not want to stop ketosis. Wanted something savory so I bought some Jenny O Italian Turkey Sausage.....just remembered.....NO sausage....it's made with turkey breast. So scared I've messed myself up. Just looked at the back and saw there's some sugar. Mixed it with crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, and broccoli....the first time I've had tomatoes since beginning IP Dec. 1. Terrified that I've messed up. Chalk it up to not eating when I should due to spending hours at the hospital, coming home, and eating everything at once. Thought I was doing well to get in "lunch" before 5 p.m. Mad at myself.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemcl View Post
Hello everyone,
Just curious if anyone else cancelled New Year's Eve plans because they were scared they would go off program.

I just did but I've worked so hard the last three months I'm not willing to have to start again. Detox is way to hard.
Nope. But I did IP for 10 months straight so I know how to plan to stay OP during just about every celebration.

Tonite: seafood & veggies for dinner with friends.
Veggie tray to party with mockamole and caulihummus for dips
Bringing some seltzer water from my soda stream.
And will have some ip peanut butter cookies (see recipe thread) when others are eating sweets.
Closed Thread