Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #1  
Mrs Wellington Plus Am

Height: 5'7"

Default Who's jumping on the IP wagon in January?!

Hi folks,

I'm new here as a poster, but have been a long time lurker -- well at least to 3FC. I discovered IP last month when I started physical therapy for a car accident that has seriously damaged my spine and my Chiro/PT office has an IP clinic built in. One chat with the lady who runs the program and I was hooked but decided to start after the holiday season because... well... I'm addicted to holiday sweets and cheese and a thousand other things easily avoidable during the rest of the year, but shoved in my face at every dinner and holiday party during the Thanksgiving - New Years season.

I'm 27 years old. A reigning plus size beauty queen who's embarking back on a journey with the Miss Plus America system (competing for the Florida title in the Mrs division in March), I'm married to a wonderful man who spent 14 years serving our country in the Navy and I have a gorgeous 10 month old son and 3 absolutely stunning step daughters. I yo-yo'd all through my pregnancy, gaining and losing without trying to. After I gave birth I lost a decent amount of weight without trying and then my gallbladder went on the fritz, had to be removed which caused my liver to go nuts and now... Well... I'm gaining weight uncontrollably with no change to how I eat or my life style which is just more than a little disconcerting.

My weight loss goal is to be between around 160lbs to start with and I have a ways to go to meet that goal. Close to 120lbs to lose. My biggest issue is that I'm naturally heavier framed with nice thick bone and a tiny waist and wide ribs and wide hips. In short, I'm Irish. It's both a blessing and a curse. NOTHING fits right and I have a long torso to boot. Using the Wrist and Elbow breadth measurement method, I have a broad frame (7.5" wrist and 3.5" Elbow breadth), so it's not like I'm kidding and using "I'm big boned" as a cop out. My nest greatest challenge is that I become discouraged about my weight loss extremely easily and I think I seriously need to take this approach, IE: medical weight loss and forum based support, rather than continuing to try and go this alone.

So... Ladies... That's me. Who else is going to join me on this wild ride?

Last edited by MrsWellington15; 12-22-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Welcome, saw your post on the other thread! If you are having liver issues make sure you are regularly checking in with your primary care physician during this journey. I 'get' the clothing difficulty issues due to build as I am also hourglassed with a longer torso (small bone structure - elbow breadth & wrist measure - though).
You might try tracking your food & activity in My Fitness Pal (myfitnesspal.com) to just see what the 'normal' amounts of carb/fat/calories are that you take in at this point in time, before you start your IP journey. You may be surprised by what you feel is normal eating or no change in lifestyle. I would think that you would get way less activity (actual exercise that strengthens the muscles and cardiovascular system) if you are 'stuck' having to care for a 10 month old than before your pregnancy. I'm not wording it well, lol, but you probably know what I mean.

Make sure you join us on the daily chat to get encouragement and share your 'victories' (scale AND non-scale) and your worries or issues. You will do fine with a community of like minded IPers.

Liana
Old 12-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #3  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWellington15 View Post
Hi folks,

I'm new here as a poster, but have been a long time lurker -- well at least to 3FC. I discovered IP last month when I started physical therapy for a car accident that has seriously damaged my spine and my Chiro/PT office has an IP clinic built in. One chat with the lady who runs the program and I was hooked but decided to start after the holiday season because... well... I'm addicted to holiday sweets and cheese and a thousand other things easily avoidable during the rest of the year, but shoved in my face at every dinner and holiday party during the Thanksgiving - New Years season.

I'm 27 years old. A reigning plus size beauty queen who's embarking back on a journey with the Miss Plus America system (competing for the Florida title in the Mrs division in March), I'm married to a wonderful man who spent 14 years serving our country in the Navy and I have a gorgeous 10 month old son and 3 absolutely stunning step daughters. I yo-yo'd all through my pregnancy, gaining and losing without trying to. After I gave birth I lost a decent amount of weight without trying and then my gallbladder went on the fritz, had to be removed which caused my liver to go nuts and now... Well... I'm gaining weight uncontrollably with no change to how I eat or my life style which is just more than a little disconcerting.

My weight loss goal is to be between around 160lbs to start with and I have a ways to go to meet that goal. Close to 120lbs to lose. My biggest issue is that I'm naturally heavier framed with nice thick bone and a tiny waist and wide ribs and wide hips. In short, I'm Irish. It's both a blessing and a curse. NOTHING fits right and I have a long torso to boot. Using the Wrist and Elbow breadth measurement method, I have a broad frame (7.5" wrist and 3.5" Elbow breadth), so it's not like I'm kidding and using "I'm big boned" as a cop out. My nest greatest challenge is that I become discouraged about my weight loss extremely easily and I think I seriously need to take this approach, IE: medical weight loss and forum based support, rather than continuing to try and go this alone.

I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. I also had my gall bladder removed a few years back and have yo-yo'd quite a bit. I am 1/4 irish (must be where I get my love for mashed potatoes!). I hear you about getting "discouraged" but you have to keep plugging away.

This is my 2nd go round with IP, first time I lost 76 pounds in 4.5 months ... then stopped dieting entirely and gained it back over the next 8.5 months ... now I am back on track and more determined than ever to get the weight off and keep it off.

Sorry to hear about your car accident and spinal injury -- that must be painful. But very cool about all your pageant experience and success -- that must be fun and I bet is motivating to look your best.

You will find a lot of support here and feel free to post questions. You can do it!! We are all rooting for you!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-22-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #4  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWellington15 View Post
Hi folks,

Welcome fellow pearshaped IPeep! Hope your IP journey is smooth sailing and you are feeling happier and healthier in no time.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #5  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default I'm with you

I'm technically starting December 29 because that was when I could get my initial appointment, and I wanted what I've heard is the hardest week to be over with before I return to my job as a school teacher. I will be in these forums daily. I can't wait to see everyone's progress
Old 12-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm new too!

I'll technically be starting on December 31st. I have my appointment the evening of the 29th. I heard about IP recently from a friend I contacted out of the blue last week. She had such good things to say about the program and has had great success so I did a little research and scheduled my appointment for next week. I figured I would get through the holiday and then get started. I'm really excited and nervous. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm looking forward to getting started.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

I had my gallbladder taken out in 2000 and gained 63 pounds in less than a year all while I was spending hours on my treadmill and dieting. That surgery completely changed my body. I did IP for 2 months in 2012 and lost 20 lbs. but TONS of inches. I quit because I had a terrible coach, she would yell at me every time I went in there. In the meanwhile I've tried to follow every low carb (paleo, atkins) diet out there to not much success. I have a new office and coach and I officially start on December 29th. I can't wait to start back. I'm afraid, I don't love all the food and have to find those items that I can live with because I'll be on this for at least 8 months. I have 85 pounds to lose and between Peri-menopause, Hypothyroid, no gallbladder and Type 2 Diabetes, I lose very slowly. Everyone loses more quickly than I do, but I'm going to have to be okay with whatever small weekly losses I have, and keep my eye on the finish line. I look forward to this journey with you all.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #8  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi,I had my gallbladder taken out in 2000 and gained 63 pounds in less than a year all while I was spending hours on my treadmill and dieting. That surgery completely changed my body. I did IP for 2 months in 2012 and lost 20 lbs. but TONS of inches. I quit because I had a terrible coach, she would yell at me every time I went in there. In the meanwhile I've tried to follow every low carb (paleo, atkins) diet out there to not much success. I have a new office and coach and I officially start on December 29th. I can't wait to start back. I'm afraid, I don't love all the food and have to find those items that I can live with because I'll be on this for at least 8 months. I have 85 pounds to lose and between Peri-menopause, Hypothyroid, no gallbladder and Type 2 Diabetes, I lose very slowly. Everyone loses more quickly than I do, but I'm going to have to be okay with whatever small weekly losses I have, and keep my eye on the finish line. I look forward to this journey with you all.
esammy12, wow, you've been through a lot. just wanted to let you know that you can do it. I don't have a gallbladder (removed in 2006 due to gallstones) ... was diagnosed type 2 diabetic in 2008, but my A1C is well controlled through diet ... and hypothyroid (hashimotos) so I take thyroxin every day.

By the way, I've been doing IP eating just ONE IP food ... the Chocolate Drink Mix (which I love). I have a soy allergy which limits me to just a few choices ... but all you need to do is find one IP food you like.

Sorry your first coach was so bad. Sounds like your new coach is bound to be better. Just stick with it. We are all here for you!!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-23-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #9  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi,

I had my gallbladder taken out in 2000 and gained 63 pounds in less than a year all while I was spending hours on my treadmill and dieting. That surgery completely changed my body. I did IP for 2 months in 2012 and lost 20 lbs. but TONS of inches. I quit because I had a terrible coach, she would yell at me every time I went in there. In the meanwhile I've tried to follow every low carb (paleo, atkins) diet out there to not much success. I have a new office and coach and I officially start on December 29th. I can't wait to start back. I'm afraid, I don't love all the food and have to find those items that I can live with because I'll be on this for at least 8 months. I have 85 pounds to lose and between Peri-menopause, Hypothyroid, no gallbladder and Type 2 Diabetes, I lose very slowly. Everyone loses more quickly than I do, but I'm going to have to be okay with whatever small weekly losses I have, and keep my eye on the finish line. I look forward to this journey with you all.
You'll find that your tastebuds adapt after about 8 weeks and the packets you couldn't stomach before suddenly begin to taste nicer. I think it's as the memory of carb-taste fades your brain adjusts. We all have fave packets and not-so-fave ones - but the recipe thread saves most of them.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #10  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Great thread.... I'll be re-starting January 5th.... lost my first 50 lbs in 100 days starting 3/14 and only gained 7 lbs back in the six month break.... for me ...it's a long way to go to get to goal!
Old 12-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Welcome to all the January starters! This is a great forum for support and the diet works like a charm - as long as you work hard and don't cheat!
Old 12-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #12  

Esammy12
I'll be jumping back on p1 12/28, when I return from Hawaiin vacation.

There are tons of alternative products to help with variety (I avoid soy protein & gluten, so my IP brand choices are also limited). Check out the alts thread and welcome back to ip!
Old 12-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I will be joining the group on the 29th of December. Been here since 2010. Did really well until this year and not sure what happened. Had some health issues and the medicine I am taking added pounds to the pounds I had already gained. Ready to start the journey again.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #14  
100% Committed

Default Yay! Another December 29ther!

Sorry to hear about your setback, but I am glad you are joining us! Let's have a great year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I will be joining the group on the 29th of December. Been here since 2010. Did really well until this year and not sure what happened. Had some health issues and the medicine I am taking added pounds to the pounds I had already gained. Ready to start the journey again.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #15  
100% Committed

Default Hawaii

I want to know all about it! Some day, I would love to go! Welcome back, and I will definitely check out the alts. I will be using Eas for sure....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Esammy12
I'll be jumping back on p1 12/28, when I return from Hawaiin vacation.

There are tons of alternative products to help with variety (I avoid soy protein & gluten, so my IP brand choices are also limited). Check out the alts thread and welcome back to ip!
Closed Thread