Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: pre IP 173/IP 166/150/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Sigh - I am back too

I am back for a reboot too. Lost about 20 lbs with IP and did really well keeping most of it off. Then I had a really bad flare of IBS in the summer and was basically eating a BRAT diet and lost a bit more weight (not on purpose - 1st time ever but not pleasant). Really focused on getting myself healthy and then between Halloween and Christmas, let myself go. Like, super crazy over the top.

So, here I am, having gained it all back and feeling disgusted and disappointed with myself. BUT, I am so glad to be back with something that I KNOW works! Hopefully, it will only be 10 or 12 weeks. And I know that when I loose the first few lbs, my clothes will fit better and I will FEEL better.

Happy 2015 to you all! So grateful to have all you wonderful ladies for support
Old 01-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #47  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I am starting IP again this month. I was on IP back in 2012 and lost almost 60 lbs. but gained it all back due to some stressful family stuff. I am ready to get back on track and phase off correctly when the time comes! I wanted to start today, but the place I am going to requires blood work. Just waiting on the results so I can start. Good luck to everyone!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:01 AM   #48  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

THi All! I'm starting back on a P1 reboot tomorrow. I lost 80 pounds from June 2012-March 2013. For the past 2 months I allowed myself to eat a lot and gained about 20 pounds. I figured I'd go back on P1 to take care of it right after the first of the year. I spent the past 2 holiday seasons being very, very strict on P1 or, last year, on P4, so I decided this year to just let go. And I did.

So tomorrow I will begin a P 1 stint until I get back to goal weight. I figure it will take 2 months.

I'm excited to be back on program and will use mostly alternatives. My Nashua order should arrive tomorrow and on Monday I'll pick up the IP drinks I like. I'm really looking forward to getting past the first 5 days and starting to feel clear and less bloated!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year to all of my companion January starters! We can begin this new year and feel wonderful!

Last edited by joysh; 01-02-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:59 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day1 of my reboot. I feel so much better and have more energy when I am on IP. Glad the holidays are behind us and looking forward to being able to get back into my clothes without them being tight.
Nothing taste as good as skinny feels
Old 01-02-2015, 07:29 AM   #50  

Default Time to really get serious again!

I signed up for IP and lost about 30 pounds. Emotional issues and old habits crept back in and I regained 10 pounds. I don't get a lot of support from my center, but I was strong in my own motivation once the ketosis kicked in. I live far from the center so they have mailed me packets in the past. I'm wondering if I should do that again or if I should go back to creating the IP alternatives that I tried for awhile. I want to lose a total of 30 more pounds. Help!

Last edited by Boseas; 01-02-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #51  

Old 01-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #52  

Default Need to restart

Thanks for providing some motivation! I think it may be too hard for me to start out again with alternative products. I think I will have my dealer mail me more packets to start since I live over 70 miles from a center.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #53  

We have about the same length of journey. Do you do all IP products or do you use some alternatives?

Old 01-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #54  

Default To JOYSH

Just coming back to this site, so I can't yet Private message.

I'm interested in these alternative products you mentioned. How do they equate? Which equate best with the drink packets?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #55  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
THi All! I'm starting back on a P1 reboot tomorrow. I lost 80 pounds from June 2012-March 2013. For the past 2 months I allowed myself to eat a lot and gained about 20 pounds. I figured I'd go back on P1 to take care of it right after the first of the year. I spent the past 2 holiday seasons being very, very strict on P1 or, last year, on P4, so I decided this year to just let go. And I did.

So tomorrow I will begin a P 1 stint until I get back to goal weight. I figure it will take 2 months.

I'm excited to be back on program and will use mostly alternatives. My Nashua order should arrive tomorrow and on Monday I'll pick up the IP drinks I like. I'm really looking forward to getting past the first 5 days and starting to feel clear and less bloated!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year to all of my companion January starters! We can begin this new year and feel wonderful!
Hello friend! Good decision to get back on at 20 pounds. I wish I did! There are many familiar faces here right now. We all did it together once before, we can all do this together again! Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #56  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Welcome back Joysh! Make sure you pop in on the daily thread, there are a LOT of us from 2012 back to get things under control
Old 01-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi,

I had my gallbladder taken out in 2000 and gained 63 pounds in less than a year all while I was spending hours on my treadmill and dieting. That surgery completely changed my body. I did IP for 2 months in 2012 and lost 20 lbs. but TONS of inches. I quit because I had a terrible coach, she would yell at me every time I went in there. In the meanwhile I've tried to follow every low carb (paleo, atkins) diet out there to not much success. I have a new office and coach and I officially start on December 29th. I can't wait to start back. I'm afraid, I don't love all the food and have to find those items that I can live with because I'll be on this for at least 8 months. I have 85 pounds to lose and between Peri-menopause, Hypothyroid, no gallbladder and Type 2 Diabetes, I lose very slowly. Everyone loses more quickly than I do, but I'm going to have to be okay with whatever small weekly losses I have, and keep my eye on the finish line. I look forward to this journey with you all.
^^^^yep
Old 01-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #58  

is there a fundamental difference between following IP with the IP products versus using protein shakes and limiting yourself to the food amounts specified?
Old 01-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #59  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinwhiteduke View Post
is there a fundamental difference between following IP with the IP products versus using protein shakes and limiting yourself to the food amounts specified?
Check out the Alternative Products thread- Many of us follow the IP protocol as it is written but use more commercially available products instead of the IP packets. The first page of the thread has a breakdown of what to look for in terms of nutritional value to figure out if the product you're looking at using fits the IP profile, and the thread itself is a WEALTH of information on the products we use and where to buy them. Not all protein shakes fit the IP bill, so you do want to take the time to read through the thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-5-a.html
Old 01-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #60  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Hello friend! Good decision to get back on at 20 pounds. I wish I did! There are many familiar faces here right now. We all did it together once before, we can all do this together again! Happy New Year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Welcome back Joysh! Make sure you pop in on the daily thread, there are a LOT of us from 2012 back to get things under control
Thanks! I'm glad we have this forum and IP! Thanks for your welcome!
Closed Thread