Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Monday 12/22/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #2  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Zevia Sparkling Cider

I want to take Zevia Sparkling Cider to a New Year's party. I want to have one glass of it. It is 0 calories but 4 carbs bc of sugar alcohol (erythritol--it is the lowest sugar alcohol on the glycemic index, practically 0). Anyway, would this be a cheat? I would really like to know before I make the purchase. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Monday to you all..

Today Mom is coming over at 9am and we are heading to the grocery store to do our annual Christmas meal shopping. It's kind of one of our traditions . Then she will head down to my sisters to spend Christmas Eve with them and Christmas morning with them and then head up to me for Christmas dinner.

Tomorrow I will start my cooking. Will pre make as much as I can so that I can enjoy my company on Christmas Day. I have my plan already for the day. Although the eating times are different than my normal I'll make it work..
Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

I usually have a pretty laid back life, but the past two weeks have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!

I am down 1.5lbs this weigh-in, it feels like it would have been more, but it's TOM and I am super bloaty

Had some good inch loss especially around my upper arm and legs, which leads me to a NSV. Shortly after starting IP I decided to try on a pair of boots I had bought a few years ago and held onto telling myself I would fit into them one day. Well, that wasn't the day, I struggled to put them on, and my husband struggled to pull them off! Well, I decided to try them on this weekend and while snug I was able to get them on AND more importantly OFF without a struggle all by myself. And while I would only be able to wear them with tights or leggings right now it feels so good knowing I am so close!!

Here's to a great week of losses, NSV and staying on plan through the holidays!!

We've got this!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
I want to take Zevia Sparkling Cider to a New Year's party. I want to have one glass of it. It is 0 calories but 4 carbs bc of sugar alcohol (erythritol--it is the lowest sugar alcohol on the glycemic index, practically 0). Anyway, would this be a cheat? I would really like to know before I make the purchase. Thanks.
My coach allowed Zevia when I was doing P1 and it didn't affect my losses. But, she cautioned me on how many I had. So, I would limit it. Enjoy!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #6  

I have WI today at 3 and I am so close to my goal and if I dont reach it today then I have 2 more weeks at least on p1 and I just want to move to phase 2 but I dont know if its a good idea to move to phase 2 for 2 weeks since I cant have another WI until jan.5th.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynE30 View Post
I have WI today at 3 and I am so close to my goal and if I dont reach it today then I have 2 more weeks at least on p1 and I just want to move to phase 2 but I dont know if its a good idea to move to phase 2 for 2 weeks since I cant have another WI until jan.5th.
I suppose the question is, how close is close? If you're talking 2 or 3 lbs, then it's probably not a big deal to move to phase 2 if you feel like you're ready - many people continue to lose on P2. It's a slight increase in calories and no additional carbs, so you stay in ketosis and just close the gap between the calories your body needs and what you're eating.

If it's more than that, you may want to wait and start P2 after the new year, so that you have a bit of a cushion going into P3. When you add back in the carby foods in P3 and replenish your glycogen stores, the scale usually bounces up a couple of pounds.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #8  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Morning All

Kitty checkup at the vet this morning, so it's going to be a stressful day as she gets terrified and my blood pressure goes through the roof.

Found a new protein shake that is amazing - ChocoLite (HealthSmart's product) Protein in French Vanilla. It tastes like a liquid version of creme brulee. Wish I could find their Cappuccino flavour locally, as everything else of theirs is fabulous. Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Supreme Chocolate, Peanut Butter ... all wonderful .. rich and creamy with delicate flavours.

Hope everyone's ready to knuckle down to not cheating for Christmas, and is ready for the big day and the stress of it all.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #9  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a good day and getting ready for the week ahead! I only have a small family of 3 to deal with, so it will be a quiet few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Morning All

Kitty checkup at the vet this morning, so it's going to be a stressful day as she gets terrified and my blood pressure goes through the roof.

Found a new protein shake that is amazing - ChocoLite (HealthSmart's product) Protein in French Vanilla. It tastes like a liquid version of creme brulee. Wish I could find their Cappuccino flavour locally, as everything else of theirs is fabulous. Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Supreme Chocolate, Peanut Butter ... all wonderful .. rich and creamy with delicate flavours.

Hope everyone's ready to knuckle down to not cheating for Christmas, and is ready for the big day and the stress of it all.
That drink sounds great! And hope kitty checkup went well! I always enjoy your posts! Though I am currently in the northeast, until recently, I was living in southern NM with my small family caring for my parent the last few years - about 40 miles north of you! I miss the area and we are thinking about moving back sometime in early spring of 2015. Still in the "talking about" phase, but fun to think about!

Take care everyone and have a terrific day
Old 12-22-2014, 03:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon all!

Hectic but short two-day work week for me, then Wednesday will be baking and Christmas dinner prep.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #11  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! I'm having sort of a crappy mood day today. Everyone at work (there isn't many of us here) ordered lunch from a pasta place down the road - I couldn't participate, obviously. Then at our safety meeting someone brought cheesecake so I just left as soon as the meeting was done and they started to cut up the cheesecake. I wasn't craving anything, I really don't want all that crap...I just feel like I'm not particpating in so many of the things going on over the holidays. Being on a diet over the holidays sure makes you realize how food and alcohol oriented most of the events are!

I managed to pull myself out of this funk a little bit though by thinking about all the events I passed up over the years because I was on a diet before. At least it's just a few months of my life and when I'm in P4 I will no longer have to skip something due to being on a diet, because I'll be eating balanced meals again.

I have my weigh in today too so hopefully that lifts my spirits a little more too!

Sorry to be such a downer! Ugh! I hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Kimo- Good for you for being strong at your work during the holidays. I can relate to the constant temptations. I work in the restaurant industry so we only know how to celebrate with food and drink! Just another week or so until the treats stop. And think how far ahead of the curve you will be when everyone else starts their New Year's resolutions and you are already well on your way.

Excited to see a 2.8lb loss today which puts me at a 70lb loss total. I can finally see the difference in the mirror and can really see the difference recently in my waist. Things are looking flatter. Oh!, I am now officially overweight (no longer obese)!! Never thought I would be celebrating that.

My therapy is going well too. Amazing how I use food as a coping mechanism. Now that I don't have that I have been having a lot of anxiety and stress. She wants me to learn how to meditate. (insert eye roll). Considering all the other things I never thought I'd do what the heck, right? Wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a happy holidays!!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #13  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post

I managed to pull myself out of this funk a little bit though by thinking about all the events I passed up over the years because I was on a diet before. At least it's just a few months of my life and when I'm in P4 I will no longer have to skip something due to being on a diet, because I'll be eating balanced meals again.
When I pass up on an event or meal, I think back to all of the OTHER events and activities I passed on/avoided due to my weight - class reunions, work gatherings, sledding w my daughter, travel, etc.. My world is so much more open now!

Awesome job CenTXck! I'm particularly encouraged by the therapy comment. I've also just started therapy, not sure if I've found the right fit yet, but it is
clearly a critical element to my long term success.

Last edited by Rayze; 12-22-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #14  
Start IP 11/24/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Hey all! I'm having sort of a crappy mood day today. Everyone at work (there isn't many of us here) ordered lunch from a pasta place down the road - I couldn't participate, obviously. Then at our safety meeting someone brought cheesecake so I just left as soon as the meeting was done and they started to cut up the cheesecake. I wasn't craving anything, I really don't want all that crap...I just feel like I'm not particpating in so many of the things going on over the holidays. Being on a diet over the holidays sure makes you realize how food and alcohol oriented most of the events are!

I have my weigh in today too so hopefully that lifts my spirits a little more too!

Sorry to be such a downer! Ugh! I hope everyone is having a great OP day!
You will do great at your weigh-in!!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #15  
Start IP 11/24/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Kimo- Good for you for being strong at your work during the holidays. I can relate to the constant temptations. I work in the restaurant industry so we only know how to celebrate with food and drink! Just another week or so until the treats stop. And think how far ahead of the curve you will be when everyone else starts their New Year's resolutions and you are already well on your way.

Excited to see a 2.8lb loss today which puts me at a 70lb loss total. I can finally see the difference in the mirror and can really see the difference recently in my waist. Things are looking flatter. Oh!, I am now officially overweight (no longer obese)!! Never thought I would be celebrating that.

My therapy is going well too. Amazing how I use food as a coping mechanism. Now that I don't have that I have been having a lot of anxiety and stress. She wants me to learn how to meditate. (insert eye roll). Considering all the other things I never thought I'd do what the heck, right? Wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a happy holidays!!
- that's fantastic!!
Closed Thread