Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 12/20 - Sun 12/21/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #2  
Sahara

S/C/G: 182.2/140.2/147

Height: 5' 6.5"

I wanted to thank each and every one of you who participates on these boards. I'm a lurker here and have benefitted so much from the information and support on here. Thank you so much. I started IP on 8/30 with alternatives and have lost 35 lbs in 16 weeks and reached my goal today - well I'm 0.2 over but I'm going ahead with phase 2. Part of me wants to continue with phase 1 and lose a few more. I'm almost emotional about stopping phase 1. But I don't want to stay in ketosis longer than I need to and I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones who will lose a few in phase 2. This site and the challenges have been invaluable to me! Thanks again.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #3  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saharag View Post
I wanted to thank each and every one of you who participates on these boards. I'm a lurker here and have benefitted so much from the information and support on here. Thank you so much. I started IP on 8/30 with alternatives and have lost 35 lbs in 16 weeks and reached my goal today - well I'm 0.2 over but I'm going ahead with phase 2. Part of me wants to continue with phase 1 and lose a few more. I'm almost emotional about stopping phase 1. But I don't want to stay in ketosis longer than I need to and I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones who will lose a few in phase 2. This site and the challenges have been invaluable to me! Thanks again.
Congratulations to you!! That is just terrific!!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Congratulations, Sahara!!!
I can imagine the emotions re going off P1. I am already very worried about the days when I don't have these packets to rely on. Worried I'll get sloppy and lazy and the pounds will just creep back on. Anyone know what percentage of IPers manage to phase off and maintain properly and keep off the weight? And what percentage regain even after phasing off properly?
Old 12-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #5  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Congratulations Sahara! I am not looking forward to giving up the convenience of P1. LOL.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #6  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Height: 5'8"

Default Missing Signature

Does anyone know why my signature might be gone? It isn't just the ticker, but the whole thing. It wasn't too long. I checked the "options", and I am still allowing signatures. When I preview my signature, it is still there. It just doesn't show up in my posts.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #7  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Height: 5'8"

Ha-ha! Wouldn't you know it would show up now? That is weird!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #8  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Afternoon All:

Well had my WI this AM. I lost 1.5 lbs but my overall inches went down quite a bit. Little disappointed but have to move on and focus on next two weeks to lose additional 5-6 lbs so that I can I hit my 160 goal.

Last edited by rsach312; 12-20-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spell
Old 12-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saharag View Post
great Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Good Afternoon All:

Well had my WI this AM. I lost 1.5 lbs but my overall inches went down quite a bit. Little disappointed but have to move on and focus on next two weeks to lose additional 5-6 lbs so that I can I hit my 160 goal.
yeah! Inches make me happy!

Off to my mammography this AM...kind of surprised that I actually got a weekend appointment. Lucked out for the one Sunday a month they work...

Made it thru my cookie baking and exchange on Friday without so much as a lick of the finger by mistake! Lol. Sometimes it's the unconscious things we do that we have to make an effort not to do. My son and his friends were glad to be taste testers lol.....once at the cookie exchange I placed myself I a room far away from the food. Had a plate of salad and some veggies....drank plenty of water instead of sangria and we always have a signature cocktail, this year was salted caramel martini.....mmmmm. But I resisted it all! On to making my cheesecakes tomorrow and the 2 more batches of cookies this week for gifts and Christmas day and the baking will be done!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Congratulations, Sahara!!!
I can imagine the emotions re going off P1. I am already very worried about the days when I don't have these packets to rely on. Worried I'll get sloppy and lazy and the pounds will just creep back on. Anyone know what percentage of IPers manage to phase off and maintain properly and keep off the weight? And what percentage regain even after phasing off properly?
Hi there; I don't know the percentages but I do know that many are successful, check out the maintainers thread and you will read posts of many that are staying in their ranges. Its not that its easy but its doable with the changes learned on IP. Like after any weight loss plan, we just can't go back to those old nasty habits that got us to gain the weight in the first place. This is the first plan that has taught me that maintainance can be successful if I put in the effort. Its great!
Old 12-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #11  

Hi all!
Vacation is going well.
It's super quiet on the daily chat this weekend. Wow.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #12  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

I think a few of us left our Christmas shopping until the last minute, hence the quietness today.

Enjoy your vacation, Lisa.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/202/180

Height: 5'10"

Hello ladies, I am a beginner to IP. I started the day after thanksgiving and have lost a total of 15 lbs! I am trying to loose a total of 40 lbs and be diet controlled diabetic. From the looks of my levels, I'd say that my doctor is taking me off my meds next week when I go in. I am new to the website, but think that it's a pretty fantastic support group! Thanks!
Old 12-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. I am new to IP. My husband and I are both wanting to try it using all alternative products. We are a young family with children, so our budget is tight. But both of us need to loose 30 pounds to be in a healthy BMI range. I've been scouring the alternatives thread and notice some great alternatives for protein drinks and bars. My question: What would my regular meal day look like for phase one? I printed out the protocol sheets. With the exception of dinner, breakfast, lunch and snack require an IP (or in my case and alternative) food. Would this be either my shake or protein bar? Are there any other foods I can use to mix it up? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloves View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to IP. My husband and I are both wanting to try it using all alternative products. We are a young family with children, so our budget is tight. But both of us need to loose 30 pounds to be in a healthy BMI range. I've been scouring the alternatives thread and notice some great alternatives for protein drinks and bars. My question: What would my regular meal day look like for phase one? I printed out the protocol sheets. With the exception of dinner, breakfast, lunch and snack require an IP (or in my case and alternative) food. Would this be either my shake or protein bar? Are there any other foods I can use to mix it up? Thanks for the help.
Basically if you are going to use alternative products, just follow the protocol and wherever it says to use an IP product, substitute with the alternative products of your choice You would still choose one restricted item (under 200 calories and under 15 net carbs) and two unrestricted items (under 140 calories and under 9g net carbs) per day. You can always read through the "What are you eating" thread for ideas on phase 1 meals - both IP and alternative users post there, and it will give you a good feel for how we get all our food in every day
Closed Thread