Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #496  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

So, I totally binged last night. Work stress got to me for the first time on this whole program. Problem is, I really want to again. Old habits!!!!! Focused on staying OP.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Rayze, step away from the treats! Take a deep breathe and think. Did the food last night make you feel any less stress today? Try doing something to distract yourself. Drink water, brush your teeth, call a friend on the phone. All of these things can help me shut up the crave chatter of my inner brat. Good luck
Old 02-25-2015, 07:12 PM   #498  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
So, I totally binged last night. Work stress got to me for the first time on this whole program. Problem is, I really want to again. Old habits!!!!! Focused on staying OP.
Hi Rayze,
This might be old habits, but it's also probably a normal and common reaction in response to the restrictive P1. I had struggles with this for a while and offer my suggestions just as another way to look at maintenance--it's working for me now, but might not fit everyone.

1) Don't compensate by getting super-restrictive--that's an almost guaranteed ticket to yo-yoing (been there done that, lol). Your body is trying to balance out the perceived starvation by binge eating. If you restrict, that same instinct will generate more urges to binge. This is well-documented in peer-reviewed literature.

2) Avoid getting hungry as hunger is a powerful binge-driving engine. It's almost impossible to manage all the other things like stress that make us binge if we're also hungry. Been there done that, too!

It isn't necessary to act on every urge to eat things that you don't think are good for you, e.g. binges. Rather, let your body develop trust that you will eat enough, going forward. That means eating enough calories incl fats & carbs, & gently moving beyond an unplanned eating occurrence rather than uber-restricting.

It might take a little bit to get your intake figured out. Give yourself room to make a few mistakes. You'll do great!

Last edited by mars735; 02-25-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Hello everyone! The oatmeal/granola back and forth prompted me to post this recipe, which I'll be trying this weekend, as soon as my Quest PB protein powder arrives: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/201...-giveaway.html.

I haven't plugged in all the stats into MFP yet, but I'm giddy over the 4.5g net carbs per serving. Right now I'm having a Bear Naked granola in the morning with 10g protein and only 10g net carbs with some almond milk and raspberries. I also made some spinach egg muffins so I get in two eggs... but to be honest, I don't like them. I'm SUCH a cereal person. Would it be terrible if I just had granola/almond milk/berries only every morning? Or is it absolutely essential to get everything crammed in in the morning?
Darthkitten - I can't answer your question as I am not even on maintenance yet. I have been wondering the same thing as I don't want to eat so much at breakfast and would prefer to spread it out more during the whole day. I asked my coach about this and she said it was to get the insulin spike in the morning. But, I don't know if that makes sense or not.

Earlier in the week I had a major dip in the scale (I even got back on thinking it must be a mistake) but then the next day I was back up a couple pounds. But, it was teasing me as it showed 149 which would put me at 4 pounds away from goal. I am PMSing so who knows if after my TOM I will be that close....either way I will be joining the maintenance club soon!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello all,

Grateful4health- welcome to the thread and congratulations on your weight loss. From reading your post it sounds like your body was ready for P2. The last couple of weeks of P1 are hard knowing that a change is coming. Many of us lost in P2 and 3. I lost 5lbs, ended up at 157 and then live between that and 162. I'm happier at 159. I am a new maintainer, started phasing off in sept. and for me the phases work, I maintain more P3 with added snacks (almonds and shakes) and limit process carbs at night to a couple times a week. I'm a daily weigher and do one P1 reset day a week. I think exercise is important for maintainence and it helps with stress. You can do it!

Rayze - I hope the work stress is better. You can do this and today is a new day.

Eve- that's great news about your daughter's surgery, a huge relief I'm sure.

Slip - that is a great compliment from your brother, well deserved.

Delgan - your menu doesn't seem that off. Slip had some good questions not sure if that explained any of the issues or if it was too much sodium? I know Ruth Ann says that gets here every time.

Hi to everyone else and hope that you are all staying warm.

It has been a busy week for me but seeing the scale come down which is a relief. I can't wait to be finished with P1. This morning only .5 above scream so 2.5 more to be mid range. May shift to clean eating P2 and 3 to lose the rest, worried that I will struggle being restrictive for long and the inner child will act out
Old 02-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Height: 5'6

Rayze -- Your self realization is great. -- and a sign that you remain conscious about your eating habits. That's exactly what a P1 day is for -- even after an unplanned "fun day." It's okay to go off the rails for a night, the P1 day recommits us to the program and keeps us from relying on food for comfort. I think we all find days where we just need to stray a bit for comfort. The difference is in making sure those days don't turn into a week -- or more. By realizing your cravings, you are already on the right track. Hope that the work stress decreases. I know how hard it can be. It's one of my biggest challenges.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #502  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Haven't had a chance to go back through and catch up with everyone but wanted to say hi! to everyone!

Life has been super crazed lately - having some family issues and a couple of health things going on along with the ever present madhouse I call a job. Seems like one thing after another.

But I miss you guys and am going to make it a priority to get my time in here! The good news is my weight is still stable - actually went down another pound which isn't bad news!

Hugs to everyone and I expect I will be more regular checking in!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Right now I'm having a Bear Naked granola in the morning with 10g protein and only 10g net carbs with some almond milk and raspberries. I also made some spinach egg muffins so I get in two eggs... but to be honest, I don't like them. I'm SUCH a cereal person. Would it be terrible if I just had granola/almond milk/berries only every morning? Or is it absolutely essential to get everything crammed in in the morning?
Hi darthkitten... if you aren't a breakfast person (that's me to a T - I've always hated breakfast) try adding a half scoop of protein powder to your almond milk before you put it on your cereal and if you need more fats add a few rich nuts like pecans or macadamias or walnuts to your cereal and TAA DAA! All you have is cereal with berries but all your protein & fats are included without a whole lot of bulk. On days I just can't face food in the morning I use my old standby vegan protein smoothie - at least it's something.

Liana
Closed Thread