Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #16  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hawaii....you can do it! Do you think your up pounds are from salt more than actual up? I am up 3.5 from my lowest last Tuesday....but I know I haven't eaten THAT much, lol! I did a few devoted low sodium days last week with lower carb but not enough to get in ketosis. ..and the water weight flew off. Well, and flew on with my high sodium meal yesterday. Ah well...doing a p1 day tomorrow and then more like p3 for two days before traveling. Anything I can do to avoid ketosis...those headaches stink! GL!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday morning Maintainers!

I finally got my car back at 7ish on Friday but ouch, $350 for repair I was not planning on.

Liana Fortunately I have an Otterbox cover on my phone so no yogurt damage! And tuna was exactly what I did on a bed of greens. The organic celery was so much better. I'll stick with that. Lucky you not having to wear makeup. But that cold...I would not survive.

RuthAnnYou look amazing! Love that dress. I ran into the same problem yesterday with water, veg, etc. Must plan better.

Jenny I hope you have a fabulous time at your husband's party. Yes my daughter is home from college in Oregon until the 5th. I'm over the moon that I get to spend so much time with her.

evemomma Yay for marking things off your list! It's hard to believe that Christmas is in 4 days. I love what you said about being in a different place than last year. I was so depressed and desperate about my weight and now I've turned that around.

Hawaii, Slip and anyone else I may have missed have a great weekend!

When I picked my daughter up yesterday she hugged me so tight and then asked if she could borrow my sweater! We're practically the same size now! Time to get going. We're visiting the art museum today.

Last edited by catlady1981; 12-22-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone,

We all sound so busy! Today, I need to wrap some presents and pick up the house. But... What I really want to do is stay cuddled up and veg in my jammies all day and watch the birds at the feeder.

Had a good time at my family party yesterday no indulging at all. My plan worked out well, but the coffee that I had kept me up until 4 am. Thankfully the scale went down a pound this morning.

Andrea, so nice that your daughter is home . Sorry about the car repair.

Eve, where are you headed for Christmas?

Jenny, how was the party and hotel getaway? Any pictures?

Ruth Ann, I keep a box of protein bars in my car. Going too long without food is a trigger for me.

Hawaii, we need to remember this is the holiday season, it will get back to normal in a week. It is frustrating how quickly those UP pounds come on!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Liana = I want a job where I can dress in whatever I want and no makeup! (Okay, probably not forever but it would be nice once in awhile!).
I agree that the change is nice - For a while I worked at a banking job parttime while working with physical rehab clients in the gyms/at their homes. So two days a week it was heels & hose with makeup, the other three were gym clothes. It was wonderful. I didn't get tired of either style and my feet weren't tired of heels either, lol.

Liana
Old 12-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #20  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Glad you got your car back Andrea! And hooray on your daughter being home! Hope you guys have a wonderful time!

Slipfree - I'm with you on vegging out in jammies all day. I'm taking a little time off over the holidays and plan on at least one (see if I can stretch it to two) days of pjs & books. I have a whole stack of them here to read and am looking forward to a book binge.

I can't wear much in the way of heels yet Liana but looking forward to getting back into them.

Hopefully I am done with the post-op complications - nothing really bad, just annoying. Saw my spine surgeon last week for my 2 year check up and he is just thrilled with how I'm doing. The screws in my back are still where they are supposed to be and looking great. Doc even gave me an official note that I do not have a "screw loose" to present to anyone who thinks otherwise!

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing week!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good morning;
Ruth Ann; Congrads on the great check up. You always make me laugh. Glad you don't have a screw loose! hee hee

Eve; Yes, I do think part of the problem is water retention. I am a lb down this morning. Hoping for a good week.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Woops, hit the enter button prematurely! Guess I need to drink more coffee.

Catlady; Yay, on being the same size as your daughter! Thats fun!

Slip; I am taking a day at a time and working on small goals.

Hi Liana and Jenny and all you maintainers!

I am happy to be down a lb this week. I will keep working at that. It didn't help that last week was tom with weight gain. I got a good run in yesterday so am very pleased about that and zumba tonight!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday Maintainers!

RuthAnn No screws loose! I love that. You are so funny. And thanks, we are having a fabulous time together. She surprised me by showing up as a platinum blonde. She hasn't played with her hair color since high school so it was kind of a shock. But fun.

Slipfree Jammie days are awesome. I have penciled in a Jammie/Movie/Book/Knitting day on the 26th. My daughter and son will be with me on the 24th, and then they will be with their Dad on the 25th. My son has to work on the 26th and my daughter is heading to Austin with a friend that day for 3-4 days. So I'll be on my own. I'm looking forward to it. And congrats on staying OP at the family party.

Started my second week of P3 and am holding steady at 139.9. No up lbs yet from P3. It's been a whirlwind since my daughter got here so I totally forgot to do my usual Sunday measuring but nothing feels tight so I guess it's the same.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #24  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Ruth Ann You are tinier & funnier! Are the 2 related?? Have fun in that dress. Stepping out of the clothing comfort zone is a great exercise, I think. Good on you

Jammie day sounds soooo wonderful Slipfree! Great idea to plan it in Andrea.

I hear you all dealing with the pressures/joys/challenges of the season & I salute you!

Struggling a bit myself, with time & energy pressures ongoing. But I am planning a week off work starting on Thurs, & am really (as in REALLY) looking forward to sleeping & grounding. Yay for jammies & books!!

We had our family Christmas this past weekend, as some folks are going away. A big stretch for me to do that right in the middle of work crazy, but it was so good to be with everyone & to feel all the love & support that filled the room.

Sending to you all. Stay strong - and happy!!
Old 12-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #25  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!!!!!

Westwillow....so good to hear from you! I hope your planned time off is wonderfully restful. I'm glad you got to have a get-together with family already!

Andrea....You are doing great in P3. I did not have any up pounds in P3, so you may not either. So glad you get to be with your kids this week!

Hawaii....Hooray for ONE pound DOWN!!!!!! I love Zumba...have fun tonight!

Hope all other maintainers are hanging in there during this last hoorah of the holiday season!

I have three more clients this afternoon/evening before I am off until after New Year's.....yeehaw! Bad news is that my son started running a fever this morning (ugh, what is with kiddo and sickness on holidays?). We were planning to go see my sister in Tennessee tomorrow, but that plan is in a holding pattern as we see what is going on with my son. He doesn't seem to have any other symptoms besides a fever. He's in generally good spirits.

Bah....if he's still running a fever tomorrow, we may take him to be swabbed for influenza so he can start on Tamiflu.

So we may be home for Christmas. I was purposely running myself out of veggies since we were leaving tomorrow, so I need to grab some more veggies and make a protein plan.

Fingers crossed he bounces back quickly!
Old 12-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #26  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi all - long time so see/post. I have been trying to go it alone the last 6 months, trying to find the right mix of P1, cheat days and P4 eating and it's been up and down. After a huge week of holiday party eating and drinking, I weighed in Saturday morning - up 7 lbs over my goal weight - scared the cr%p out of me! So P1 Sat & Sun and scale says I'm only up 3 lbs today. But it made me realize that just like journaling, this is a key tool in my healthy eating/weight maintenance arsenal. I've spent some time today reading and catching up with your progress and it only confirms that staying focused and tracking are the key to maintaining. So I'm back. Thanks to all of you who provide support and knowledge. E
Old 12-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

This season is challenging! Crashed into some chocolate today, purely comfort eating. So tired, only a 1/2 day more with my cherubs, all day party in my class tomorrow. Then the mad rush to finish wrapping and pack before I head off to my family's house for a couple of days.

Eve, praying that your little boy rallies quickly.

Westwillow, jammies rule! Hope that when life settles down the struggle lessens.

Ecdslim, posting keeps me focused and honest. Welcome back

Andrea, I intend to schedule a number of Jammie days over my vacation. Hope you have a wonderful 24th with your kids.

Ruth Ann, glad your screws are not loose!!! Hilarious, lol! Jammie girls unite.

NSV- last year my Christmas dress was a 16, this year size 8 baby!

Last edited by Slipfree; 12-22-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi all, NSV- last year my Christmas dress was a 16, this year size 8 baby!
Woo Hoo, Slip!!! That's a way awesome thing to keep in mind as you go through your holiday with family.

Okay, now I'm off to strip out of my bra, and get into my sleep T and fuzzy plush microfiber jammie pants and sheepskin slippers.

Howdy to all the maintainers, and welcome back ecdcslim - you'll get your focus back here!

Liana
Old 12-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #29  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Yeah, I have been accused of having a screw loose by more than one person. Usually family. Nice to have the official note to pull out - surgeon said he's written more than one of those notes so I'm not the only one!

Hawaii69 - hang in there - sounds like you are doing everything right and things will shift when they are good and ready. Irritating to be sure.

catlady1981 - I think scheduling a jammie day should be mandatory for adults. Something about staying in them all day and just doing what you want feels so decadent. Of course, both of my cats seem to think that me wearing PJs means it's time to get on my lap!

westwillow - Good to see you! And thanks! I've always had a rather warped sense of humor thanks mostly to my mother who always looked at the world just a little askew. Hope you get some good relaxing time in. The nice part about early celebrations is then you get the actual holiday to take it easy!

evemomma - Hope your little guy is better, no fun to be sick this time of year.

ecdcslim - Good to see you and congrats on catching those 7 pounds before they became 70! It's great to have the tools to get things back under control.

Slipfree - Love your description of crashing into chocolate! That's really what it feels like sometimes. Hope the kids cooperate and then you can have a nice carefree holiday. And hooray for size 8 - that is awesome!

And yes, sounds like jammie days will be had by a lot of us. Yeah for us!

Anyone I missed - to all!

Last work day before 5 days off and then only working 3 days next week! Yeah me! Have the family Hanukkah party tonight and then quiet until after New Years. First time in a long time we haven't had a crowd over for NY Eve (we usually reserve Christmas for just us since things are usually crazy between Thanksgiving and NY) but I'm looking forward to it.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

hello all,

I love all the jammie talk and can't wait to have a few jammie days after christmas at my parents cottage.
So after weighing in successfully on Friday, it went downhill!! When will I ever learn to have just 1!! I have surpassed my scream weight!!
Thank goodness today is my last day at work and all the tempting treats, or most of them, will be gone from my sight. I know what to do and will be P1 for most of the week and drinking lots of water.

Slip- What a difference in your dress size from last year, that is awesome!

Ruthann - Beautiful picture, you are beautiful on the inside and the out.

Eve - happy holiday, I think your vacation has started. I hope everyone is well in your home.

Catlady - you are doing awesome in maintance. Keep it up.

Ecdcslim - that is great you got right back on track and seeing those up lbs become down lbs.

hi to Westwillow, Hawail, Liana, Stephascope, Pishposh and everyone else.
Closed Thread