Old 12-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Sweet Release, how do you add people to your Buddy List? Thank you for the support!

Rough evening yesterday but feeling MUCH better today. Had a dream/nightmare I accidentally put something "bad" in my mouth and spit it out as soon as I realized it. LOL!

Feeling good today because I'm wearing a cute dress and tights that I haven't worn in a year because it became too snug. Not snug at all right now! Do not know how many inches I've lost. Will be measured the week of New Year's Day. Getting excited about it!

Wishing everyone LOTS of success today!
MizBeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #32  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Buddy List

You press on the person's profile. In the purple line below the pic, it gives you options including adding that person to your buddy list:-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Sweet Release, how do you add people to your Buddy List? Thank you for the support!

Rough evening yesterday but feeling MUCH better today. Had a dream/nightmare I accidentally put something "bad" in my mouth and spit it out as soon as I realized it. LOL!

Feeling good today because I'm wearing a cute dress and tights that I haven't worn in a year because it became too snug. Not snug at all right now! Do not know how many inches I've lost. Will be measured the week of New Year's Day. Getting excited about it!

Wishing everyone LOTS of success today!
SweetRelease713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #33  
IP Start 12/2/2014

S/C/G: 251/176/140

Height: 5'5"

Hoping everyone can make it through this Christmas week. If we can get through this, we can get through anything.
AwkQuarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #34  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

How's this for crazy? I have been off IP for a year...jumping back on the plan today...the Monday before Christmas. Pretty sure I'm a crazy person. Just thinking this will help me eliminate some of the damage I would otherwise do over the holidays.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #35  

Went in to pick up my product before the holidays. They weighed me even though the last time they weighed me was at our Thursday meeting. Lost THREE pounds since Thursday! I'm a HAPPY camper.

On another note, my oldest daughter who is visiting said she thought my goal weight was WAY too low. She said a few other things that kinda burst my bubble. Well, when I was her age (29), I weighed about 110. I'm going for 120. She's about my height and weighs between 127 and 135 (that's her preferred range). When I was 140 (post partum depression after baby #2), the doctor was after me because I weighed so much. Confused about what my goal should be.

Still happy, though, that I've lost 11 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks! :-)
Old 12-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Went in to pick up my product before the holidays. They weighed me even though the last time they weighed me was at our Thursday meeting. Lost THREE pounds since Thursday! I'm a HAPPY camper.

On another note, my oldest daughter who is visiting said she thought my goal weight was WAY too low. She said a few other things that kinda burst my bubble. Well, when I was her age (29), I weighed about 110. I'm going for 120. She's about my height and weighs between 127 and 135 (that's her preferred range). When I was 140 (post partum depression after baby #2), the doctor was after me because I weighed so much. Confused about what my goal should be.

It is hard to determine what we should be weighing. When I was in my 30,s 129 was my breaking point. I am now 65 and if I weighted even close to 129 I know I would look seriously ill. My goal is 170 but may go to 160 depending on how I feel and how my close fit and look. I want to be healthy and fit not skinny.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #37  

I'm thinking I'll go to 130 and see how I look and feel. I know I'm a lot older now, but I have a small frame. We'll see......
Old 12-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #38  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I'm thinking I'll go to 130 and see how I look and feel. I know I'm a lot older now, but I have a small frame. We'll see......
There are a lot of discussions about goal weight here on the IP forum -- my conclusion is to try to find the weight that is maintainable for me. The desired weight charts show a range of 125-145 for me -- I only got to 140lbs once as an adult, after losing 35lbs on Nutrisystem at the age of 35. Now I am 63.... I am aiming for 150 but I may find that 160 is more realistic for me to maintain over the long haul. And for me -- maintaining at comfortable weight that is low enough to enable me to exercise regularly to maintain fitness and thwart arthritis, and a weight that looks pretty good -- that's the outcome I am looking for.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:

I wouldn't worry about her opinion MizBeadz... She's probably so used to seeing you at your heavy weight she couldn't even begin to imagine you at 120. She also might feel a little 'competitive' with you and not want you to weigh less than she does - "FOR GOODNESS SAKE, YOU'RE MY MOTHER!" Also your weight is dependent on how much muscle you carry. If you train with weights you will take up less space for your weight meaning you might take the same size as another person who weighs 10 or 15 lbs less, so it's possible you may weigh more.
When you get closer to your goal weight you will be better able to judge and adjust if needed.
Congrats on your losses so far!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:41 AM   #40  

All of this weight talk is very appropriate for the feedback I'm getting too. I have gotten suggestions of 145 from the scale/bmi/body fat reader projections and my clinic's Dr. says I really could be at 135. I haven't been that weight since I was 16 and am excited by the loss I'm seeing and projections. However, friends and family not so much. According to them I should be doing another diet or trying for like 170 as a goal weight...everyone is an expert you know.

I am down 8lbs in 16 days and am feeling healthier, less bloated (from food at least, still working on the big C), look better in my clothes and am staying motivated because of the results. But everyone is a critic so aside from on this site I can't really share my excitement. :/
inlovewithlife14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #41  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default No Worries

I think because there is more obesity around us, our eyes are getting used to a bigger aesthetic, and so general advice is often go bigger. But I would go with the advice from health professionals. People sometimes have a hard time adjusting their eyes to a person's new look. My friend made her daughter (who is in her twenties and therapist who specializes in eating disorders) strip down to her underwear so she could be sure that her daughter had not "crossed over to anorexia" when she lost weight. I thought this was odd behavior because it wasn't like her daughter was a size 2. She went down to maybe a size 8/10, and my friend was worried. My friend (like myself) is at her highest weight, and frankly, she's in serious denial about a lot of things (she wears clothes in the 4x range sometimes and still thought that a store like Catherine's couldn't meet her needs because she was just "way too small on the top" for a store like that-granted, she's pear-shaped, but Catherine's definitely has clothes that can fit both her top and bottom). My point is societal pressure to be thin, envy, and lies we tell ourselves can all mix together to skew our perceptions regarding what should be an appropriate weight. For this kind of decision (what your goal weight should be), focus on health not public opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewithlife14 View Post
All of this weight talk is very appropriate for the feedback I'm getting too. I have gotten suggestions of 145 from the scale/bmi/body fat reader projections and my clinic's Dr. says I really could be at 135. I haven't been that weight since I was 16 and am excited by the loss I'm seeing and projections. However, friends and family not so much. According to them I should be doing another diet or trying for like 170 as a goal weight...everyone is an expert you know.

I am down 8lbs in 16 days and am feeling healthier, less bloated (from food at least, still working on the big C), look better in my clothes and am staying motivated because of the results. But everyone is a critic so aside from on this site I can't really share my excitement. :/
SweetRelease713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #42  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

I just stopped listening to people about my goal weight. I went with a weight on the higher end of the scale for my height (since I've been fat my whole life I don't know what my thin really is) based on the fact that prior to IP I did yoga 1-2x per week and weight lifted 4-5x per week. I lift heavy too so I've built some pretty good muscle. I'll see where I'm at when I get there and I won't let anyone's opinions sway me. The comment about how I should be doing another diet is annoying to me too. I went to my friend's house recently and she went off on me about how her friends who is a nurse said a lot of people on IP have ended up in the hospital and I was just thinking - not enough salt? Because I've talked to TONS of people who did IP with no problems, and I'm loving it myself.

Either way, we just have to do what works for us. It's our bodies and our lives.
kimo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #43  

Thanks, everyone. I was also thinking she doesn't want me to be as thin as she is. I don't want to compete....just feel great and, yes, look great.

I'm doing this because my fasting blood sugar was getting too high for comfort, and I was disgusted with myself. I worked out with a trainer for two years(2012--13) and got really strong. Felt good about myself and what I was able to do but never really lost weight like others. Then I got sick fall of '13 and stayed sick (infection after infection) for about 4 months before discovering a much needed root canal was the cause of my weakened immune system. I plan on hitting the gym again March 1 because I really miss going, but my schedule is hectic until then.

Y'all are right about everyone being an "expert." Just ignoring them and being in the zone. This is for me. Well, it's also for my kids since I do not want to burden them with ill health. My 84-year-old mother is in terrible shape ~ all caused by obesity.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #44  
IP Start 12/2/2014

S/C/G: 251/176/140

I'm kind of prepared for people asking me if I'm sick once my weight loss is more obvious. It happened before when I lost weight. It's really weird! Like the other user said, society has just gotten used to obesity I guess?
AwkQuarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #45  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkQuarius View Post
I'm kind of prepared for people asking me if I'm sick once my weight loss is more obvious. It happened before when I lost weight. It's really weird! Like the other user said, society has just gotten used to obesity I guess?
I had this happen several times after I lost 80lbs. People asked me if I lost weight on purpose or if I was sick. It never occurred to me at first that people would think that.

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote