Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 12/11/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning

Early day for me. Dropped DS at school at 4:30am for hockey practice. Can never fall back to sleep after that so I've been up since then doing things around the house quietly as not to disturb DH. Have to head back to the HIgh School in a few minutes to get the hockey equipment.

Working today in the office and then I have no office time scheduled till next Friday afternoon.....don't know how I pulled that one off, but it is perfect timing the week before Christmas to get the holiday baking and pre cooking done. Of course I still have to work, but I don't need to be on the office for 4 hours straight! I do have an appointment Monday night for a listing but other than that, so far a clear schedule. Yeah

My dream pants buttoned and zipped today while standing up! I do however have a muffin top with them on, so not sure if I am counting a victory yet lol!

My clinic had the chocolate chip and regular pancake packets in this week....yummy looking forward to breakfast today!
Old 12-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  

I've been on IP for a little over a month now and have dropped 18 lbs and 11.75". I only have 12 lbs more to go until I'm at my goal. I have a deal with my coach that if I can drop 5 lbs by monday she will give me some free samples of food and today I work 5a-9p tonight and have to resist the urge to cheat since my boss orders dinner for us.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

It seems like I've been really busy lately, but not sure I'm getting all that much done. I've been visiting the forum and reading some posts but really haven't had the time to respond or post. But I have noticed some great victories and just want to congratulate everyone! It's so great reading about them, keep going!! And to those struggling, remember those victories and know how great you will feel when you reach your own.

Have a great OP day
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Good morning all,
Thanks for all the wonderful information you include in the threads. I look forward to reading the threads every morning, in addition to the wonderful IP videos. I don't think I would be loosing each week without these resources. Cheers
Old 12-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats to you all on your weight loss! I do have a quick question. I am assuming that chia seeds and flax seeds are not compatible with IP 1. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Stopping in for a quick hello. Haven't been here for a while again, super busy at work and a sick dog take up too much time. And then a nice blanket of snow this morning with more in the forecast to top it all off. Hope everyone is doing well! Will check back as soon as I can.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #8  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Congrats to all on yesterday's and todays successes, on scale and off! It is so motivating to read about smaller sizes, too big clothes and dream jeans.

I am at the point where my jeans fit comfortably for about half a day, then start to feel loose. Then they go in the washer and dryer (on high heat) to shrink down for another wear. I am not quite ready to buy the next size down yet - waiting for after holiday sales, but I am enjoying using the dryer.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #9  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Today I completed 1 month on IP. I lost over 16 lbs (not bad for me).

Staying focus once again and shooting for 3 lbs loss this week for my WI on Sat.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #10  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

rsach312 - Congrats, 16 lbs!!

Hope everyone is doing well today. Yesterday my room mate looked at me and said "wow, you're going to need to go clothes shopping soon!". I can't wait until my next weigh in on Monday since my last one was my TOM and from what I can tell that seems to skew the number on the scale for a lot of people.

I made my meal plan for the next week (between work, appointments for rehab from my car accident, and getting ready for the holidays I find this to be SUPER important) so I'm ready to hit the grocery store and get going on meal prep tonight!
Old 12-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

My dream pants buttoned and zipped today while standing up! I do however have a muffin top with them on, so not sure if I am counting a victory yet lol!
Count it!!! How long ago was it that you couldn't even get them on to the point where you COULD button and zip them?? We celebrate milestone victories as well as finish line victories

I have a pair of pants that I "spot check" every couple of weeks, and I do a little happy dance every time I noticed that they were a little easier to slide on, now I'm waiting for that moment when I can button and zip them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Congrats to you all on your weight loss! I do have a quick question. I am assuming that chia seeds and flax seeds are not compatible with IP 1. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, both are a definite no on Phase 1. While they are high in fiber, they also contain fat - and anything that is allowable as an "extra" on Phase 1 needs to be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugars.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Hi Guys!!!

It's been awhile since ive been on here. I've been struggling with a bad UC flare up and had to go off my IP phase 1 (Doctor told me to). Sad I was doing so good. Ive managed to keep the weight off, mostly because of the UC Once I get better im gonna get right back on the wagon!! Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Great progress this week for so many of you -- yay! I am at Week 5 and down just 1 pound this past week. Apparently, I'm retaining water. It has been a tough week, with many meals out, so I should not be so surprised even if it feels like I'm staying OP as much as possible. I think I have only one holiday outing in the coming week so hoping to be more in control of what I consume. Makes me feel like a grinch -- no more parties!

I have avoided doing this until now because my losses seem so slow, but I am going to set an ambitious mini goal for myself: to be down another 5 by Christmas (or at least at my WI right after Christmas vacation). Memorializing it here so I can hold myself accountable.

Happy day all

P.S. Had the pancake mix (fine) with my newly-arrived WF maple syrup (great!) -- you guys were not kidding when you said it was yummy!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Hi Guys!!!

It's been awhile since ive been on here. I've been struggling with a bad UC flare up and had to go off my IP phase 1 (Doctor told me to). Sad I was doing so good. Ive managed to keep the weight off, mostly because of the UC Once I get better im gonna get right back on the wagon!! Hope all is well with everyone.
I hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #15  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Hello all,

The last couple of days it's been a struggle to force myself to eat, I'm just not hungry. I'll ask my coach about it when I see him on Monday, but thought I'd ask here: Is this typical? I guess I can always fit the protein packs in (as cappuccino mixed with coffee, my current favorite), but actually eating something is so far from what I want to do.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
Closed Thread