Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #16  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post

I have so much more energy than before. Is that even possible, less than a week? I used to be tired all the time, all I could think about was when I could take my next nap. I haven't felt that way all week! Is this real?

Hoping...
You are another of the lucky ones for whom this has happened. Isn't it wonderful? Waking up ready to get your exercise on and feeling great while doing it. Enjoy it, but remember that the energy can come to an abrupt end if you overdo it. Listen to your body - at the first sign of lightheadedness, dizziness or not feeling "bouncy" stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I had an NSV today, I was walking to my car and my pants were falling off I had to go in and change! I am officially out of size 16 and in 14!! YAY. I have a few pairs of size 14 dress pants and jeans, after 14's become too big I will have to go shopping!
I love love love this. Losing a size is such a great feeling. Pleased for you, Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
I hit my goal weight today at home! I am thrilled to see my coach on Friday and make it official. It feels a little unreal right now. I can't believe what I've accomplished this year!
*does the happy dance* Awesome day for you, Peppertree. Congratulations, that is a massive amount of weight to commit to losing and to reach goal is phenomenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

On a more serious note, I have the wake for my friend tonight, there won't be food challenges but definitely stress/emotion management challenges. Keeping my eyes on the prize and will not self-medicate with food when I get home.
Sounds like your stress started before you got up today. Hope the wake goes smoothly and people remember all the positive influences your friend had in their lives. It helps temper the pain of loss.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I had an NSV today, I was walking to my car and my pants were falling off I had to go in and change! I am officially out of size 16 and in 14!! YAY. I have a few pairs of size 14 dress pants and jeans, after 14's become too big I will have to go shopping!
Yay for smaller sizes! Love that!

Quote:
I hit my goal weight today at home! I am thrilled to see my coach on Friday and make it official. It feels a little unreal right now. I can't believe what I've accomplished this year!

I am probably sticking to my plan of continuing with phase 1 through December, unless I feel like I need to start eating more to keep up with my increased activity (snowshoeing and skiing).

(Although it is unofficial and not my weigh-in day, I updated my signature and ticker just because I wanted to see it!)
Congrats! Start hanging out in the Maintainers thread!

scorbett: So sorry you are having a bad day. Heavy feet? Hmph! What does that even mean?

Rayze: Congrats on your great 100+ loss! That's amazing.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdueesto View Post
pishposhappelsauce Thanks for the advise on the gallbladder. Not to get too gross but my stools showed some bleeding (the upper GI kind) which I attribute to the pain episode. It has cleared now and I'm trying to hold out til after Jan 1 for the next year of insurance deductible. I feel fine right now but certainly I'm monitoring things and am focused on trying to nail down what might be causing it, in the event it happens again.

Part of my waiting is I think they might pull me off IP and I'm having so much success - almost 60 pounds and 38" so far since mid-August. Goal is 120 lbs. I'm almost out of the obese category, and like Kathyc14 I need to buy a belt for my older and smaller pants that I'm cycling thru as I get smaller!

I'm afraid of stopping the IP regimen until I hit goal. The plan is very doable but it is a sacrifice! I do feel like a different person and have a much brighter outlook on life.

Thanks!!
Sorry All! Maybe a little TMI
Old 12-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #19  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
Good morning, all!

Since I only started IP 5 days ago I'm wondering if this can be true...

I have so much more energy than before. Is that even possible, less than a week? I used to be tired all the time, all I could think about was when I could take my next nap. I haven't felt that way all week! Is this real?

Hoping...
I always feel better and have alot more energy when I am on IP.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #20  
finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good morning,

Working to keep my chin up today - it was a rough morning at home (kids were not cooperative)...was late getting out of the house then proceeded to drop all of my bags on the way down my front stairs....accidentally flung my ID badge across the parking lot while taking it out of my purse....put too much water in my IP oatmeal...and one of my coworkers told me I had "heavy feet" when I walked. Murphy has apparently overtaken my day :/

On a more serious note, I have the wake for my friend tonight, there won't be food challenges but definitely stress/emotion management challenges. Keeping my eyes on the prize and will not self-medicate with food when I get home.
You can do it, stay on track and remember how far you have come so you don't self medicate with food. I had a bad day yesterday and all I wanted was to go to ARBYS and get some cheese sticks and eat them.
You got this.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #21  
finale

Quote:

I am probably sticking to my plan of continuing with phase 1 through December, unless I feel like I need to start eating more to keep up with my increased activity (snowshoeing and skiing).

(Although it is unofficial and not my weigh-in day, I updated my signature and ticker just because I wanted to see it!)
Way to go, what a great feeling....
Old 12-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Congratulations! That is awesome!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 255/225/140

Height: 5"4'

Default Hope Wednesday passes quickly.

Off to a rough start. Somehow I managed to punch myself in the nose during cardio boxing. I didn't knock myself out but did manage to bloody my nose...but cleaned up and went back to punching out all my frustrations.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #24  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

congratulations on all of the victories today. We are choosing a healthful path and it feels good to read everyone's affirmations of it.

I am attending a holiday party this evening for a non profit I used to volunteer a huge amount of time to. Most people have not seen me since before I started IP. I'm excited, and also a little nerve-wracked. The attention I sometimes receive for losing weight feels like a mixed bag to me.

Have a good IP evening
Old 12-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/173/140

Height: 5'4

I love reading all the success messages...It's giving me hope again, I am back on IP and only on day one, I am the heaviest I have been in years and absolutely starving today..... It's o.k. Im going to stay on track and keep reading everyone's posts to keep me motivated. Tomorrow will be better thanks everyone
Old 12-11-2014, 01:48 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Height: 5'8

A bit hungry today and food preoccupied but I stayed strong. Going to bed before I start foraging.
This forum is a huge part of my making it through.

sweet dreams all....
Closed Thread