Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #16  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Okay!!!!!
Today, I can really celebrate -- I am doing a day of primping to get ready for a holiday dance party tonight at my favorite dance studio!! I have to locate something formal to wear that will fit me at this size -- this means going shopping in my closet of many sizes...

I have a hot, red crepe jumpsuit that would be a real statement, but I am afraid I may no longer be large enough to wear it - it may just be too big and hang too long to keep from stepping on it while dancing... ask me if I am really sad about it being too large to wear??? NOT!!!

Instead, I have the fun task ahead of just trying on various items and seeing what makes me look and feel the best to dance in! (ya know - there are floor to ceiling mirrors all around the ballroom at the studio... you see yourself coming and going, so it's good to be really happy about whatever you are wearing - as it is, I don't wince every time I see myself, now that I am down 50 lbs from my all time high.)

I promise to report back on the final outcome, if you want to 'the rest of the story'
ok - if I can upload a pic, here is what I ended up deciding to wear - all ready to walk out the door to my holiday dance party!

crwdec2014.jpg
Old 12-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Nice outfit, oneuh2! Cute top with the draping at the waist and lovely sash tie, very shapely... and you will be comfortable and won't have to worry about your outfit falling off you or tripping you up, lol.

Liana
Old 12-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Oneuh2 - you look great. I love your outfit. Congrats on your loss

Chip - bake sales! Good for you for getting back to P1 so quick.

Finale - way to go getting to the gym!

Purple monster- how are you doing? I think I keep missing your post.

So glad for the mini challenge that Lisa started. Helps along with all the other tools to not get derailed this time of year.
Had a great 12k run on the trails this morning. It was so warm here I had to tie my jacket around my waste. Don't think we'll be getting too many more of these days
Old 12-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #19  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Day 2, not too hungry so far. Tonight I made zucchini "pasta" (first time ever) and it was really good!

Thanks for all the advice about not weighing in daily, I think that might be a bit discouraging.

I do have a question regarding headaches. I know it's to be expected for the first few days or so, but does anyone know if it's okay to take Advil?

So thankful for this forum...
Old 12-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
So had my first WI since Thanksgiving, up 3 #! Well, I did totally blow it and then some the week before and then some more on Thanksgiving day. Probably some fluid retention too. I felt like I disappointed them, I know they don't feel that way but oh man, disappointing. One good thing I am hoping that happened is that I realized that when I indulge, I need to use moderation then too. ( never really been a fan of moderation btw). Because obviously it has bite me on the backside as evidence by my extra three pounds I had to justify. Grrr...
I also learned something else: eating sugar affects the same part of your brain as Opioids do. ( the feel good receptors) Holly Cow I never thought of it this way! That hit home but scary to think that sugar can be that addicting. Its been and enlightening day. Thanks for being here IP peeps, this is a great site for venting/ support. Have a great night to you all.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #21  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Have you read the article , "What no one tells you about dramatic weight loss" from NY Magazine? It really nailed so much of what I am feeling now. Take a read...

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/11/what...ight-loss.html
Old 12-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Have you read the article , "What no one tells you about dramatic weight loss" from NY Magazine? It really nailed so much of what I am feeling now. Take a read...

Rayze- thanks for sharing this article. I can relate to a lot of it. Bookmarked it to show it to my counselor. Every morning before my shower I stare at my changing body. I see good and bad changes. My skin elasticity is something that I think about often. Also interesting to read someone overweight who gets to 140 has to work harder to stay there than someone who has always been at that weight. Having "failed" at every diet I've ever tried, long term success is something I worry about being able to maintain. Right now I am just trying to focus on P1 and worry about P4 as I get closer to it.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Sounds good, Lisa32989. Feeling much better! Not really stressing, just wondering.

Thank you all for the encouragement, too!
Old 12-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Default Vanilla RTDs

Great look, Oneuh2 - hope the dancing was fun! Nice 12k run, Jenny -- my goal is to run just 5k by spring! And, ladeline, I think advil is ok if you need it.

Quick question re Vanilla RTDs: my last 2 batches have had a lot of "sediment" despite shaking and stirring. Has anyone else experienced this? I pour it into my coffee and have to throw out the last half inch or so that's left in my cup because it's just yuck. Almost looks like it's curdled and spoiled (though expiration date is not for 3 months). I have never seen this with the chocolate RTDs.

Also, for those who put just a splash into your morning coffee and do not count it in your daily IP allotment, how much of the 8 oz. container do you allow yourself each day for "free?"
Old 12-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #25  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
ChipnDip, how do you go back on Phase 1 during Maintenance? Do you have to go to the clinic and start all over again? I'm on the 6th day of Phase 1 and would like to know.

Also.....not really seeing the scales move. Somehow, I got the impression that people typically had their biggest loss in the first week......
Lisa answered your question already but just thought I would add that I have lots of packets left since I would buy the odd extra to give me more variety and I did buy a few alts along the way. You should also be welcome back at your clinic for life once you get to goal - at least that is the case for me. I have never gas extra fees, just the cost of food.

Don't give up even if your first week is slow. Every body is different. You also got great advice with the suggestion to post in what are you eating. Maybe you are misinterpreting the protocol. Include everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
Day 2, not too hungry so far. Tonight I made zucchini "pasta" (first time ever) and it was really good!

Thanks for all the advice about not weighing in daily, I think that might be a bit discouraging.

I do have a question regarding headaches. I know it's to be expected for the first few days or so, but does anyone know if it's okay to take Advil?

Advil is allowed but before you do that try extra IP salt first. Just lick it off your hand. Most of the time that us all you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Great look, Oneuh2 - hope the dancing was fun! Nice 12k run, Jenny -- my goal is to run just 5k by spring! And, ladeline, I think advil is ok if you need it.

Quick question re Vanilla RTDs: my last 2 batches have had a lot of "sediment" despite shaking and stirring. Has anyone else experienced this? I pour it into my coffee and have to throw out the last half inch or so that's left in my cup because it's just yuck. Almost looks like it's curdled and spoiled (though expiration date is not for 3 months). I have never seen this with the chocolate RTDs.

Also, for those who put just a splash into your morning coffee and do not count it in your daily IP allotment, how much of the 8 oz. container do you allow yourself each day for "free?"
I didn't use the RTD very often but I did find differences in consistency with the ready to eat vanilla pudding. My last purchase was almost chunky so I didn't buy it again. Threw half of them out which was hard to do $$!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:10 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Debrasb -

My son's hockey team is having a fun family skate night after their practice on Monday - complete with baking, hot chocolate, etc. I'm set with my favourite protein bar

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jo
hello fellow hockey mom! Planning is key for me since my sons practices are 4:30am...weird game times and travel to and from... I always keep a cooler handy ready to pack. And I cut veggies and store them ready to grab and go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Okay!!!!! I am relieved -- the home scale(s) moved into the 180's at last! I have unofficially passed the 'minus-50-pound-mile-marker' on my IP journey!
[CENTER]
[/CENTER

Today, I can really celebrate -- I am doing a day of primping to get ready for a holiday dance party tonight at my favorite dance studio!! I have to locate something formal to wear that will fit me at this size -- this means going shopping in my closet of many sizes...

I have a hot, red crepe jumpsuit that would be a real statement, but I am afraid I may no longer be large enough to wear it - it may just be too big and hang too long to keep from stepping on it while dancing... ask me if I am really sad about it being too largie to wear??? NOT!!!

Instead, I have the fun task ahead of just trying on various items and seeing what makes me look and feel the best to dance in! (ya know - there are floor to ceiling mirrors all around the ballroom at the studio... you see yourself coming and going, so it's good to be really happy about whatever you are wearing - as it is, I don't wince every time I see myself, now that I am down 50 lbs from my all time high.)

I promise to report back on the final outcome, if you want to 'the rest of the story'

btw.... It is SOOOO rewarding to be able to share my feelings and ups and downs with you all -- thanks so much for letting me rattle on!
way to go! And your picture was fantastic! Hope you had a blast dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I'm doing P1 for a few days. A bake sale at work got the better of me. I resisted things so easily on my weight loss phase but it's not so easy on maintenance. My first few weeks were a piece of cake but I got too confident in how I could push my boundaries. Added puréed roasted red peppers to the tomato basil soup for lunch. Very yummy. I need to look up a recipe to make it without the $4 IP pack in it as it is a great way for me to keep my veggies up. Even with 7 months on IP, it's very easy to let the veggies slide.

It's great to read the posts from the new IPers. You are going to love the results you get on the plan.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Great to see you chip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Good Morning All:

Good Weigh in this AM. I met my first Goal.
good job! Love when I can check a goal off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post

I did have to take some advil a few times, but before that try a bit of extra salt...sometimes that does the trick. I did a quick little salt water drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Hi All,
So had my first WI since Thanksgiving, up 3 #! Well, I did totally blow it and then some the week before and then some more on Thanksgiving day. Probably some fluid retention too. I felt like I disappointed them, I know they don't feel that way but oh man, disappointing. One good thing I am hoping that happened is that I realized that when I indulge, I need to use moderation then too. ( never really been a fan of moderation btw). Because obviously it has bite me on the backside as evidence by my extra three pounds I had to justify. Grrr...
I also learned something else: eating sugar affects the same part of your brain as Opioids do. ( the feel good receptors) Holly Cow I never thought of it this way! That hit home but scary to think that sugar can be that addicting. Its been and enlightening day. Thanks for being here IP peeps, this is a great site for venting/ support. Have a great night to you all.
Sorry about the gain. I know personally I can't have any non ip days. I am so afraid of falling down that slippery slope and not being able to get back up. This is the longest I have ever stuck to a plan, the most weight I have ever lost at one time and honestly, 95% of the time it is not a struggle for me.

Last edited by Sgrealtor1; 12-07-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Ok now that I am all caught up lol....

Yesterday was spent decorating the inside of the house and putting up the tree, so today is paper work day.

My $10 jeans from the gap clearance rack came in yesterday and they fit perfect....yeah for fitting jeans lol.

Went to a play at the High school last night. DS had a few friends in it. He sat in the back with some girl, I found a few friend there to sit with lol, the life of a teens mom.

Have a good day everyone. Think I am going to experiment today with the banana pudding packet and make some muffins.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #28  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this. I really can relate. Everyone congratulates me and says you must feel amazing and I say yes but in all honesty,I don't know how I feel. It is great to buy new clothes, and I feel much better not wondering if I am the biggest person in the room or that I probably don't embarrass my kids anymore but other than that, I don't know how I feel. Weight loss is gradual, so it wasn't I feel crappy one day and then I feel amazing the next. I stopped at a weight I feel I can maintain but it is far from skinny.

Given a choice, I will choose 160 over 250 for sure, but I realize I have a lot of work to do in my head that IP doesn't get to.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #29  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! It has been a busy weekend with my parents and grandma visiting, so not much time to get on here. Just wanted to pop in and say I am down 1.6 for weigh in. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:

Thanks for forwarding the article. This is one of the best articles on weight loss and maintenance that I've read.The article mentioned that most people that have lost 50lbs or more go through these feelings. Even though I lost just over 30lbs, I still can totally relate to what is written and now as I work at maintenance, what is said is very true. They are very realistic thoughts.
Closed Thread