Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Hi everyone I've missed everyone but its hard to come on here when your not behaving yourself!! I was going to wait until I stuck to the plan 100% for a couple of weeks but its been five days and well... I'm in the mood to touch base.

I've tried I don't know how many times to get my act together but just mentally couldn't do it... I've been busy traveling for work and last week was my last stint for quite awhile so I made Monday the day.... Not sure how or why its so easy again but I'm so relieved!

This past week I was dealing with very stressful issues at work on top of preparing for some big inspections next week.. then some bad family news... all the stress hasn't seemed to affect my focus or acceptance of being back on the plan.... here I am... for quite awhile... lets hope!!

I think I've gained over 30 pounds... I'm not ready to step on the scale... will do that when my clothes feel better!

Anyway.. nice to be back and seeing how you are all doing! Have a good weekend
Glad you are back Hiker, missed ya! You'll get the lbs off, we know how to do this. You could join the new challenge Lisa's got up to take us to the new year. Even some of us maintainers are doing it to either maintain or to back away from our 'scream weight', lol. Hope the family & work stresses ease up a bit, but you know where to go for help, wink wink.

Liana

Liana
Old 12-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #17  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Glad you are back Hiker, missed ya! You'll get the lbs off, we know how to do this. You could join the new challenge Lisa's got up to take us to the new year. Even some of us maintainers are doing it to either maintain or to back away from our 'scream weight', lol. Hope the family & work stresses ease up a bit, but you know where to go for help, wink wink.

Liana

Liana
awe... thanks Liane! Your a wonderful woman!! Did the challenge just start? Do I message Lisa?
Old 12-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Yay Hiker is back!!! Missed you, friend. There are reboots like crazy going on here. You will have those up pounds gone in no time. Sorry to hear about your stress and bad family health news. Sending good thoughts to you and Hawaii.

Liana, I have been thinking about you too. How did your Mom's test results turn out?

I made it through school today, but did not have the umph for the Christmas party. I am going to lay low tomorrow, because I want to feel better by Sunday. Our town has a great Holiday Light Parade and it is now postponed until Sunday due to rain.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #19  

Mum was having a bad dementia day when we went to the hospital for her CT scan yesterday, so she thought it was for her back, because her lower back has been bothering her (but it's hard to get her to move at all - except from bed to the couch - to loosen things up). Then she thought the doctor was 'chewing her out' because he was asking her questions...
Anyhow she calmed down & we had a nice lunch out, but the results will be in to their doc on the 10th so dad & mum have an appointment for then. Unfortunately we will be away for a few days over that time and I'm hoping dad catches all the information that's needed from the doc (dad is hard of hearing) and discusses some medications that can help slow progress that we learned about at the Alzheimers' caregiver support group. Right now - technically the doc cannot legally share info with me, but dad & I will be working on getting that all fixed up. I had planned on going in with them to their appointment but that's out now.

Anyhow... called in to work on short notice tonight since an insurance company wants us to cover a house fire site in a town close by and someone also needs to do city patrol. I seem to be running in 4 different directions at once... WAAAH!

Liana
Old 12-05-2014, 09:57 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2

WB Hiker I am rebooting as well. I've been doing Phase 3 for just under 7 weeks and I'm down 15.2 lbs! It's been great. So glad I'm back on track. Like Liana said, you know how to do this and we can help! I wish you luck and hope you check in often.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #21  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
WB Hiker I am rebooting as well. I've been doing Phase 3 for just under 7 weeks and I'm down 15.2 lbs! It's been great. So glad I'm back on track. Like Liana said, you know how to do this and we can help! I wish you luck and hope you check in often.
Thanks Steph, its so great to come here for the support..... everyone's been with me for over a year so I need to come here for the support and daily motivation! Way to go on the reboot! It truly helps me!

A big thanks to Slip who has kept this thread going!!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 12-05-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hello October Newbies;

Hiker; Nice to see you back and there are many on the boards are working at losing some of the regained lbs and being very successful. Its not about perfection or all or nothing but taking one day at a time and doing whats best for our bodies and ourselves.

Steph: You are doing great with your reboot! P3 is certainly working for you.

Liana; Thanks for your thoughts. And as you are dealing with your Mom, you can relate to the stress of it all. Eating healthy and exercise help me to cope better even if they don't take the problem away.

Slip; I hope you have a relaxing day today and get feeling healthy. A person gets tired of not feeling well.

I'm doing a P3 day as had a cheat meal last night and feel it this morning. So, lots of water today and staying away from sugar and bad evil carbs. hee hee And I'm hoping to get to the gym later. I try to eat a lower calorie day after a cheat meal so will be eating more vegies and healthy protein. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hiker, so glad you posted and your aback and on track. You can do it! Like the girls said, you'll have it off in no time.

Slip- hope you are feeling better and get to the list parade tomorrow

Liana - loving the new car smell, I have threatened the kids already that we aren't messing this one up. Mean while I got some mud on the I side from my run this morning, oh well.
Sounds like you got some good strategies for your mom. I don't know a lot about dementia but have heard each day can be different. My dad is going thru some of those tests now, he is 70, still working part time but there are some gaps in his memory. Last week he couldn't remember the fruit that he has been eating everyday for the past year. Scary for him but I thing more scary for my mom who like your dad, has to look after thier partner.

Steph- you are doing great on P3 and it's nice that you can get those loses without going back to P1

Avalon, - I'm glad your back with your graphs. How is your walking going?

Hawaii- I see we are both sugar lovers
Old 12-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #24  

Hi everyone;

So, yesterday didn't go so great. It started out good but didn't end well. I need to keep working at these weekends, they are my challenge. I was hoping to get to the gym after my hubby got home from work but it didn't happen. I am doing my long run this morning though and focused on having a good day today. I have to say that waking up bloated and my hands feeling swollen from water retention is the worst. I do drink water no matter what so that is one good habit I got from IP. Thanks for listening, keeping it real! Have a great day!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #25  

Jenny; Sorry to hear about your Dad. That is a worry. It seems many these days are dealing with health issues of their own or others. And yes, sugar is addictive. The funny thing is, some days I can crave it but then other days I am craving salt! I blame hormones, as right before that time of the month I am needing me some salt! It used to be chocolate but as I hit my 40's, something changed! 12km is a great run!(read it on the daily thread) Good for you! My goal today is to run for an hour, usually I can do around 10km if I'm running outside but on the treadmill its around 8km I believe. Have a great day!
Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #26  

Hawaii,

You are not alone. I crashed and burned yesterday too. I am pretty close to my scream weight today. All we can do is pick ourselves back up and follow the plan. Phase 1 day for me tomorrow. Progress not perfection.

I am finally feeling better! You are right, it was getting to me. No excuse, but at least I can identify the trigger for my sugar debacle.

Liana, thanks for the update on your mom. I hope that the information from the Dr. is helpful.

Jenny, how scary for both your parents. I will keep them in my prayers.
Yay for running and actually having the new car.

Hiker, you are welcome. Right now, I really need the accountability of posting myself. I see my self slipping back into my stress/comfort eating habits and that is just not going to work for me.

My mantra last year was to only indulge for joy. Have not been living that lately and I am going to refocus on it.

I am going to enjoy today. The Light Parade is tonight. Really looking forward to feeling the Christmas spirit,.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #27  

Slip, perhaps you could join us on the challenge. I must say it is helping my willpower. DH opened the last remaining bottle of Gewurztraminer from 2011 from the local winery - my VERY FAVORITE and a gold medal winner in competition - the other night while I was at work. He drank half of it and then last night before work he gets himself another glass and drinks it in front of me. I was sad & mad that he did this when I couldn't share it. Not only did I have to drive for my patrol - so no liquor - I'm on my challenge! I haven't quite forgiven him that one yet since that vintage is long gone, sold out. I would have preferred to have it on a Funday when I could enjoy it along with him.

Liana
Old 12-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #28  

Liana, I would have been mad about the wine!

No challenge for me right now. I am going to clean it up this week, since I have no holiday plans until Sat. I should be able to get the UP pounds down by then. I just do not want to feel regimented during this holiday. After the New Year, I may be up for a challenge.

I think I just had a food outburst. I have been sick, tired and stressed out. I do not want to make a habit of turning to food to deal. I think that I have gotten the sugar desire out of my system for now. I have come to the conclusion that I just can not handle it (sweets) in the house at all.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Seems like we are all struggling right now. Sorry friends. I thought I was ready to be op after my trip but that only lasted one day. Had 2 Christmas parties this weekend and then TOM hit. I have picked myself up and had 2 op meals and a walk today. I have also increased my water intake. I have 2 weeks before another Christmas party, I am giving it 100% until then. I seem to have motivation today, so fingers crossed that continues. These up pounds need to be gone, I feel terrible and gross right now.
Thinking of everyone that is struggling right now, hoping motivation and strength find you soon. We can do this, get back op and take it one meal at a time.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #30  

Hi y'all,

Feeling so much better today! Good phase 1 day so far too. Was at the top of my range this morning, so was time to reign in the sugar beast!

We will get rid of these UP pounds in no time. We are experts in knowing how to follow the protocols. Time to use our skills and determination. Not worried in the least, we've got this!
Closed Thread