Old 11-29-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community weekend Chat Sat 11/29 - Sun 11/30/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Howdy all!
I am happy that Thanksgiving is in the rearview mirror - got thru it with a meal of turkey, sauerkraut cooked with pork loin, broccoli and some roasted red peppers. Had the Sweet Fauxtato dessert that was very good - I would give it more spice next at time - but filling and good!

Left the table without cheats, and after dishes were done, headed off from my brother's home in Maryland to drop DH at home in Virginia and and then high-tailed to the Kennedy Center in Wash DC to catch the last hour of the free Swing Dance party with live band on the Millenium Stage. We did not dance there - just enjoyed the music and watching the vintage swing dance aficionados doing the Lindy Hop and Jive. But it was a fun quick trip into town with my IP buddy/college sorority sis who is visiting with me for the holiday.

Gingerly went dancing last night at my favorite studio, and found that my sprained ankle is better but not quite healed - have to give it a bit more time before serious dancing - but I have to say that any dancing is much more joyful when I am not dragging those recently lost 50 lbs around the dance floor!

Home scale shows that I have dropped a lb despite the holiday food challenges -
As I enjoy a leisurely morning today, I can only say that life is good!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

oneuh2 - Congrats on your outstanding losses! I have to tell you, I love your attitude! Losing weight is hard work and you always seem to find the absolute best take on it - so much fun to read!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #4  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Howdy all!
I am happy that Thanksgiving is in the rearview mirror - got thru it with a meal of turkey, sauerkraut cooked with pork loin, broccoli and some roasted red peppers. Had the Sweet Fauxtato dessert that was very good - I would give it more spice next at time - but filling and good!

Left the table without cheats, and after dishes were done, headed off from my brother's home in Maryland to drop DH at home in Virginia and and then high-tailed to the Kennedy Center in Wash DC to catch the last hour of the free Swing Dance party with live band on the Millenium Stage. We did not dance there - just enjoyed the music and watching the vintage swing dance aficionados doing the Lindy Hop and Jive. But it was a fun quick trip into town with my IP buddy/college sorority sis who is visiting with me for the holiday.

Gingerly went dancing last night at my favorite studio, and found that my sprained ankle is better but not quite healed - have to give it a bit more time before serious dancing - but I have to say that any dancing is much more joyful when I am not dragging those recently lost 50 lbs around the dance floor!

Home scale shows that I have dropped a lb despite the holiday food challenges -
As I enjoy a leisurely morning today, I can only say that life is good!
Sounds like a couple of wonderful days!! You are doing great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
oneuh2 - Congrats on your outstanding losses! I have to tell you, I love your attitude! Losing weight is hard work and you always seem to find the absolute best take on it - so much fun to read!
I have to agree with Ruth Ann! As a new person, it is so nice to read such uplifting, positive posts! And Ruth Ann, you are just awesome! Thank you so much for your kind words and help all the time to everyone. It seems so helpful when the "maintainers" hang around once they move on to other Phases and are so helpful as so many are here. I have been reading so many past threads and it is so sad to see so many positive, successful people disappear
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio53 View Post
I have to agree with Ruth Ann! As a new person, it is so nice to read such uplifting, positive posts! And Ruth Ann, you are just awesome! Thank you so much for your kind words and help all the time to everyone. It seems so helpful when the "maintainers" hang around once they move on to other Phases and are so helpful as so many are here. I have been reading so many past threads and it is so sad to see so many positive, successful people disappear
Well, thank you! I figure this board helped me in so many ways to stay on track while I was losing that the least I can do is pay some of it back.

And I read through all the old threads too when I started, really helped me feel like I had a handle on things and a good idea of what to expect. So much wisdom and so many good tips to start the journey - you'll do great!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone.....

RuthAnn happy to see a successful familiar face

Today starts DS's hockey season...first game tonight at 6 and he is starting varsity line! So proud!

Anyway that means redoing my eating schedule...will probably have to add an extra pack today since I have been up since 5am with the dog ....too long in between.

Question for the experts out there, tomorrow I am thinking of making some fresh seafood for dinner.....how do you measure out shell fish (clams and mussels, lobster) ? How do you take into account the shells? Or do I wing it since I probably won't overeat anyway with all these months of training my eye for portion size? Help!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Question for the experts out there, tomorrow I am thinking of making some fresh seafood for dinner.....how do you measure out shell fish (clams and mussels, lobster) ? How do you take into account the shells? Or do I wing it since I probably won't overeat anyway with all these months of training my eye for portion size? Help!
I always weighed the seafood before cooking, guesstimated the weight of the shells and then weighed the shells afterwards for an accurate measurement. I usually came pretty close.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #8  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Completely stayed OP yesterday. I felt good this morning.

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited by rsach312; 11-29-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: wrong sentence
rsach312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/195/165

Height: 5'7"

Hoping someone could answer a question, I did try searching it first. .....I have Turkey leftovers, cooked of course, "How do I measure my daily serving in oz of cooked meat? Thank you ahead of time for all that you do for us newbies!!
liuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuba View Post
Hoping someone could answer a question, I did try searching it first. .....I have Turkey leftovers, cooked of course, "How do I measure my daily serving in oz of cooked meat? Thank you ahead of time for all that you do for us newbies!!
You have to guesstimate. Most meat is 5-7 oz cooked for 8 oz raw. I usually go with 6
Old 11-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #11  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. I finally saw movement in the scale this morning, after no change since Wednesday! I knew it was from TOM, so I wasn't too concerned, and I am feeling a lot better, so that was more important to me than what the scale was showing.

Our new furniture arrives today... Anywhere from 8am-8pm. hopefully sooner than later. I may start some Christmas decorating, since I'm stuck at the house until they come.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 11-29-2014 at 09:55 AM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #12  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I'm at the doctors gerring a pre-employment physical. I had to come here on Sept 17th for my yearly physical. On 9/17 with shoes I weighed 244...today with shoes: 218. The doctor did a triple take and she said "wow, nice going! Keep it up!". Lol.

About the turkey...like Lisa I use 6 ounces of cooked meat. I figure it is close enough.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning. I finally saw movement in the scale this morning, after no change since Wednesday! I knew it was from TOM, so I wasn't too concerned, and I am feeling a lot better, so that was more important to me than what the scale was showing.

Our new furniture arrives today... Anywhere from 8am-8pm. hopefully sooner than later. I may start some Christmas decorating, since I'm stuck at the house until they come.

I hope everyone has a great day.
girly, don't you know a watched scale never moves???
You KNOW there is no need to monitor that closely if we're sticking strict p1.
We can certainly drive ourselves crazy with the scale (conversely, ignore the crap out of it when we know we're not being diligent). Such a balancing act...
Old 11-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default The week from H*ll

Continuation of troubles... *sigh* Today we wake up to find that we have no water. Thought our pipes may have frozen but everything seems to be OK and the neighbour has no water either, so... that means its a well pump issue. Things are being looked into, because we don't know if it's electrical (pump is toast??) or plumbing (issue with pipes to house or??). Not sure how long this is going to last but we have two huge commercial buckets full of water (although frozen a bit since they were outside) sitting in our tub to thaw. Makes me want to eat a whole Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate bar.
UPDATE!!
Just went into the bathroom to check on the frozen buckets and our tap was running, so YAAAY! water is back on! The neighbour got it figured out - will find out more later.

Congrats to all who managed to keep to the plan over their food holidays, lol. Good going, oneuh2! I also love your positive vibe!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #15  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Continuation of troubles... *sigh* Today we wake up to find that we have no water. Thought our pipes may have frozen but everything seems to be OK and the neighbour has no water either, so... that means its a well pump issue. Things are being looked into, because we don't know if it's electrical (pump is toast??) or plumbing (issue with pipes to house or??). Not sure how long this is going to last but we have two huge commercial buckets full of water (although frozen a bit since they were outside) sitting in our tub to thaw. Makes me want to eat a whole Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate bar.
UPDATE!!
Just went into the bathroom to check on the frozen buckets and our tap was running, so YAAAY! water is back on! The neighbour got it figured out - will find out more later.

Congrats to all who managed to keep to the plan over their food holidays, lol. Good going, oneuh2! I also love your positive vibe!

Liana
Hope the issue is resolved!! Sorry for the bad week
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote