Old 11-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #46  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

High five to everyone who stayed OP over the weekend, and also kudos to everyone who went off plan but got right back on.. Losing weight is such a head game, so stay encouraged no matter what.
Like many who've posted, I missed drinking some wine. I kept my glass of water full the whole time. I'm hoping to start P2 at the beginnig of 2015, so I'm hanging in to reach my goal. We'll see how it goes.
murrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

I just have to do it and " keep an eye on the prize"
carmie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #48  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Getting too tired is a real trigger for me to drop my guard and overeat or eat the wrong things. If I had to put on the holiday for a house full of non-dieting family and guests, I would find it pretty overwhelming too.

But -- You blew a day, and you got right back on the horse that threw you. Don't beat yourself up too much, because just getting back on program right away is a major NSV.

At the same time, maybe you would find the Beck Diet Solution valuable in helping you identify what kind of self talk and thinking might keep you from doing this again. I know that how I feel after a mess up is pretty miserable - physically, and emotionally (kicking myself) -- so focusing attn on those crummy feelings so that you can remember them the next time you face a crossroad of good vs. bad choices is probably a good idea.

The Beck Solution suggests you inventory your reasons for wanting to lose weight, and directs you to review them regularly to help yourself keep your priorities in order - maybe a review of your reasons right after the sweet potato pie episode might I have prevented the rest of the slide downhill.... If you have not made a list - why not do that in prep for December holidays that are fast approaching?

You can do this!!!!

Thanks for the kind words and for the book suggestion. I have heard about this book before and have been meaning to order it. I think i will give it to myself for christmas. I've been pretty down about it all, but i finally had to decide that whats done is done; stop dwelling, learn, and move on. I made a decision to cheat, it wasn't like it was out of my control. Now i need to just move forward.
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote