Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 11/27/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hi Ladies!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today. Looking forward to those success stories! Just remember how you will feel on the inside if you let yourself down.

Everything is good for me these days, I am excited for my weigh in this week as I had to miss my last one. Hoping to see a good number! Going to also talk to my coach about introducing exercise as I am done week 4 now and think it should be ok, let's see!
Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #3  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Thursday! Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

Day 4 for me and all is well. I just wanted to say that I am very grateful and thankful to you all here! Everyone is SO helpful and supportive - it is just incredible. I was part of a group (non-IP and non-3FC) in the past that was very catty and unsupportive and sometimes just plan mean! I never understood it
So thank you all so much!!
Old 11-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197.5/197.5/160

Height: 5,4

Happy Thursday to you all, I am on day one of IP with alternatives, this is not my first go around with IP, I was very successful at it a year ago and lost over 120 lbs, and after that i began working out and getting stronger but eating real food is much much trickier then being OP. I gained back about 30lbs even though I am stronger and more physically active then I have ever been. I figure if I am going to make a real 2nd go around I am going to need support so I have come to this forum cause it is one of the best, I look forward to losing and sharing with you all.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #5  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a wonderful day with family and friends.

Question for those in maintenance - does anyone follow the Paleo/Primal style diets and find it (relatively) easy to keep weight within target range?

I'm starting to look at future food plans that will work, rather than drifting back into sugar/starch options that were in our diet previously. Thanks
Old 11-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #6  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

Question for those in maintenance - does anyone follow the Paleo/Primal style diets and find it (relatively) easy to keep weight within target range?

I'm starting to look at future food plans that will work, rather than drifting back into sugar/starch options that were in our diet previously. Thanks
I'm not in maintanence yet but I plan to follow a south beach type of lifestyle after I lose the weight.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #7  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pretty good day. About two forkfuls of artichoke dip was my only not OP act. Maybe a bit of cheese in the zucchini/tomato/onion dish. Overall pretty good. Need to make sure to get all my water in today.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

You might have a bit of problem doing Paleo since no dairy is allowed on it... I tend to get a fair bit of my protein and fats from yogourt & raw cheeses as well as raw nuts and avocado, and I do use other grains such as amaranth and quinoa for my starch carbs since I have to be gluten free. I don't use any sugars including honey or agave or brown rice syrups, and I rarely have much fruit these days. I also happen to hate the flavour of coconut oil for anything but rubbing on my body, lol. I like coconut milk for Thai style gravies but not the oil. Gags me and I know it's used a lot on Paleo diets. I think one of the gals in the maintenance threads is using a semi-Paleo style foodplan, can't remember who though. Don't really know what Primal is & how it differs from Paleo. I never did much of the sugar/starch thing before IP either... my nemesis was Cheese and good crackers or organic corn chips (fat/carb combo).

Liana
Old 11-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #9  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow, quiet day here! I hope everyone is enjoying thanksgiving with their family and friends.

Long day at work for me; I feel like I could climb in to bed. Looking forward to a short day tomorrow, grocery shopping, then nothing but relaxing!!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #10  
Mike

S/C/G: 399/364/230

Height: 6'4"

At my weigh in I was excited to learn that i could have deviled eggs. They tasted wonderful today!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7059 View Post
At my weigh in I was excited to learn that i could have deviled eggs. They tasted wonderful today!
What are deviled eggs? That sounds yummy!
Old 11-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #12  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
You might have a bit of problem doing Paleo since no dairy is allowed on it... I tend to get a fair bit of my protein and fats from yogourt & raw cheeses as well as raw nuts and avocado, and I do use other grains such as amaranth and quinoa for my starch carbs since I have to be gluten free. I don't use any sugars including honey or agave or brown rice syrups, and I rarely have much fruit these days. I also happen to hate the flavour of coconut oil for anything but rubbing on my body, lol. I like coconut milk for Thai style gravies but not the oil. Gags me and I know it's used a lot on Paleo diets. I think one of the gals in the maintenance threads is using a semi-Paleo style foodplan, can't remember who though. Don't really know what Primal is & how it differs from Paleo. I never did much of the sugar/starch thing before IP either... my nemesis was Cheese and good crackers or organic corn chips (fat/carb combo).

Liana
Thanks Liana .. I was thinking about post-IP stage 4 maintenance, rather than while maintaining out of IP. The bigger picture is a long way off yet, but doing the research now will let me learn the pitfalls and advantages of each of the types of meal plans that I like the look of.

Primal is more the ancestral diet of in season produce - although there is controversy over the "modern" (hahaha introduced deviations of original grains over the last 2000 years - it amuses me greatly!) types of grain being regarded as acceptable. Maybe a hybrid of the two.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:07 PM   #13  

Briael:

That type of eating is of interest to me, as well but I'm leaning more toward grain-free "real" food than pure paleo/primal. We make raw milk yogurt and it was very helpful to me for P3 breakfasts. I even had problems with quinoa and amaranth when I added starches back in.

I've done some reading about Paleo or Primal-type diets with dairy. I've seen it called a gray-area, but usually only if it is from raw milk or feremented (like yogurt). It depends on who you "follow" whether dairy would be "allowed". Many paleo folks use butter.

The biggest thing for me is to stay away from overly processed foods as much as possible...any foods with processed grains or with GMOs (which bother my stomach). One of the biggest problems I have with IP is it isn't organic, which means the cows that produced the milk they make into whey could have been (probably have been) fed GMO corn.

I'm moving more and more away from anything that's been treated with glyphosate. This is the herbicide the GMOs have been created to resist. About the only place I get these items now is when we eat "out".

I'm getting some testing done which might help ease the stomach issues, but until then, staying away from grains is a must for me.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #14  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

WELLLLLL I DIDNT DO HORRIBLE ON THANKSGIVING BUT I did go off plan .... I had my turkey and greens (even drank about 100+ oz of water) but I also had 1 TBSP (not a serving spoon) of macaroni & cheese and mashed sweet potato AND 1/16 slice of pie.

I feel kind of bad about sticking to my guns of staying on plan BUT extremely proud I didnt feast as I would have if I was not on IP (baby steps) ... DEFINITELY doing christmas at home.

Last edited by TOgden3; 11-28-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Closed Thread