Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Monday 11/17/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #2  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning:

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Day 8 starts for me. Ever since I start taking my protein at lunch, since then all is going well.

It also looks like my ketosis finally kicked in and I am not as hungry as I was in the beginning.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #3  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Hubs and I had a movie date, we saw Interstellar (disappointing), then had dinner at my fav place where I knew I could get a burger on a bed of lettuce - yum! Then we had a kid's birthday party, which was a tough one because it's my cousin's son, and we lost her in May - hadn't been to her house since she passed and it was incredibly sad and uncomfortable. Other than that, just lots of homework - gah!

I hate to beat a dead horse with this, but my hair loss is accelerating so I've been looking into extensions. I've lost about 50% of my hair, and from what I've read about telogen effluvium, I won't go completely bald, but this could last 6 months (so... almost completely bald if it keeps up at this rate). Does anyone have any experience with Bellami extensions? I'd have to dye them because they don't match my color, but I watched a ton of reviews on YouTube and they look pretty good. Luxury for Princess also came highly recommended, and they do have a color closer to mine, but they are all super long - would probably have to have them trimmed. Liana had mentioned a great site to me previously, but now I can't find the link.

Any advice is appreciated - thanks!

Last edited by darthkitten; 11-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Good morning, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Hubs and I had a movie date, we saw Interstellar (disappointing), then had dinner at my fav place where I knew I could get a burger on a bed of lettuce - yum! Then we had a kid's birthday party, which was a tough one because it's my cousin's son, and we lost her in May - hadn't been to her house since she passed and it was incredibly sad and uncomfortable. Other than that, just lots of homework - gah!

I hate to beat a dead horse with this, but my hair loss is accelerating so I've been looking into extensions. I've lost about 50% of my hair, and from what I've read about telogen effluvium, I won't go completely bald, but this could last 6 months (so... almost completely bald if it keeps up at this rate). Does anyone have any experience with Bellami extensions? I'd have to dye them because they don't match my color, but I watched a ton of reviews on YouTube and they look pretty good. Luxury for Princess also came highly recommended, and they do have a color closer to mine, but they are all super long - would probably have to have them trimmed. Liana had mentioned a great site to me previously, but now I can't find the link.

Any advice is appreciated - thanks!
The dtraded hair loss has finally hit me too. :/ I'm hoping that I can lpse the rest of my weight before I go bald. The race is on!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #5  
started IP 6/21/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
The dtraded hair loss has finally hit me too. :/ I'm hoping that I can lpse the rest of my weight before I go bald. The race is on!
I hear you! Right now I haven't lost much at the top/crown, but I'm thin and patchy at the sides and in the back - so if I wear my hair down, no one can tell. I feel like I'm rocking the world's biggest combover. Step aside, Donald Trump!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

Good morning everyone! I've decided I need to start participating in the daily threads because I've been slipping lately. I'm one of those people that isn't affected much by ketosis hunger-wise so yesterday I was a bottomless pit. The only non-IP thing I ate was peanut butter so I'm happy about that, but I overate all other IP things. Too much protein, too many quest bars, blah. I'm either mid-cycle (ovulation makes me hungry for some reason), about to start TOM, it was cold and thus I wanted to increase my body temp with food, or it was just one of those days. I'm going to mix up my animal protein during the day and have an egg (equivalent 2 oz protein) for breakfast. I've been eating my snack between breakfast and lunch and that's not flying. Then maybe a tuna pouch (2 oz) for lunch and 3-4 oz for dinner. Hopefully that will help with the hunger.

Interesting about the hair loss...I seem to be losing less and sprouting new hairs. If anyone is interested in essential oils, I know putting cedarwood in your shampoo help increase hair growth and makes it thicker. Maybe something to look in to?

I hope everyone has a good Monday!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Having a hard time, the scale does not seem to be moving. Speaking of moving, I used the Smooth Move Tea last night and it usually works for me but so far nothing. I think I'll pick up some Miralax on the way home.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! Hope you had a fabulous weekend. I had a good WI on Sat. Down 2.1 lbs. Less than 9 lbs to goal.

Also did some shopping this weekend and had a great NSV. I was wandering around a store that sells both plus and regular sizes and having a hard time finding any Mediums. The sales lady came up to me and says "Oh Honey (cuz that's how we talk in Texas) you are on the wrong side of the store. A tiny thing like you needs to be in the Missy section." I wanted to hug her! I found a couple of cute sweaters and I bought some jeggings. I've never worn jeggings before and I wonder at my age, 55, if I look silly (trying to hard to look young) wearing them. But I got out of my own way, put them on this morning with a cute pair of shortie boots, a flowy sweater and already have gotten several compliments at work. So I guess I don't look silly. But I'm very self conscious. I just don't know how to dress myself at this weight.

Hair loss: I am still loosing my hair. I think at this point I will go until the end of November and start phasing off at the beginning of December no matter what my weight is or I will be thin and BALD.

Wrinkles: I have them! Where did these come from? I guess the fat in my face filled them out and now, without the fat, YIKES! Need to step up my skin regimen. I went for an eye exam last week and my prescription didn't change! That has never happened. Could it be IP? My ophthalmologist told me she slathers coconut oil all over and uses pomegranate oil on her face for wrinkles. So I got some of that and am going to give it try.

Last edited by catlady1981; 11-17-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

I am scared about all these hair loss stories!! I wonder if there is something pro-active that I can do to make sure that it doesn't happen?!?

I had weigh in this weekend and was down 4lbs, I'll take it!

Aaaand now I am sick. Like pretty bad cold, sore throat, ear ache, stuffy sick. And it's no fun! I couldn't even think about a thick drink for breakfast today so I grabbed my last orange drink and am struggling to get it down.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #10  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

@TeagsC - Hopefully you will feel better as the day progesses.

Last edited by rsach312; 11-17-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: missed
Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #11  
started IP 6/21/14

TeagsC - feel better! Unfortunately, from what I've read (and I've read extensively because I'm so freaked out), nothing can help the hair loss except time. Biotin can help the new follicles coming in to grow and stay healthy, but nothing will stop the loss until your body realizes it's safe from starvation and turns the cells in your scalp back on (it turns them off when we start restricting calories because hair growth is a non-essential function). There's a TON of articles online if you google it.

My concern lately is that something more serious may be going on - like a thyroid condition, etc. if there aren't any sign of slowing soon I'm going to talk to my doctor. I'm two months into the hair loss, so if what I've read is correct, it should stop in four more.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Good Morning!!

Congrats to catlady and teagc for the great WIs this weekend!

I am a week into P3 and have another week left and next Monday I start maintenance!!! I had my WI today and have lost 2 lbs in P3, so I am very happy about that! P3 is awesome and I can't wait for maintenance!

Teagc - I hope you feel better!

Darthkitten - the hair loss scares me too. My hair is very fine and thin as it is so losing any really scares me. I already lose quit a bit normally as a result of my hypothyroidism so I don't want to lose anymore! Let us know about the extensions - I would love to see a picture if you decide to go for it.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

I've been taking biotin daily, though I need to get a formulation that doesn't have other stuff in it. Hoping it works to keep the hair loss at bay.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #14  
started IP 6/21/14

SallyE - it's scary, not going to lie. I have thin hair as well, but I have ALOT of it, so after almost two months it's just now noticeable. I'm going to talk to my stylist and get her opinions on the extensions, I think. She'd have to cut and color them for me. But I'm seriously considering cutting all my hair off and starting over. I've done a short bob to my chin before but I had been growing it out and it just got past my shoulders.

Mimi47 - biotin won't stop hair loss, it only helps the new follicles that come in to grow and stay healthy. I've been on biotin since I started this diet - even tried one of those fancy super hair biotin supplements. But you may not have any hair loss at all - several people on this diet haven't had any.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I have Hashi's Hypothyroid and definitely experienced the thinning of the hair around my hairline the first time I was on IP. In case any new folks are reading this - being in ketosis can make your hair follicles go dormant while you are losing weight, but it is NOT a permanent side effect. The little hairs started to grow back a few months after I started maintenance, and I did not see any long term negative effects from it.

I took biotin, but I can't say it actually helped any. I've been on my reboot for 2 1/2 months now, and I just started seeing the thinning around the hairline again, but I'm not worried. I know it will come back, and in the meantime I got some cute headbands
Closed Thread