Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 11/15 - Sun 11/16/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-15-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #2  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Day 6 starts for me. I must admit last night I end up 1/2 oz single malt with club soda. Also, had my chicken breast with vegetables. I will continue to stay focus today but still don't know how to get rid off hungry feeling. I am logging everything in the fitness pal and it turns out I had less 1000 cal yesterday.

Averaging 12 glasses of water on daily basis. I can't wait to get back to GYM and start hitting those weights.

Last edited by rsach312; 11-15-2014 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Did not complete
Old 11-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Good Morning All:

Day 6 starts for me. I must admit last night I end up 1/2 oz single malt with club soda. Also, had my chicken breast with vegetables. I will continue to stay focus today but still don't know how to get rid off hungry feeling. I am logging everything in the fitness pal and it turns out I had less 1000 cal yesterday.

Averaging 12 glasses of water on daily basis. I can't wait to get back to GYM and start hitting those weights.
Definitely stay away from workouts until Ketosis kicks in & relieves some of the hunger.
Some people don't get that effect & if it doesn't work for you in a few more days, you may want to consider an alternate plan.

There is a plan for diabetics that includes one serving from each group each day (one per meal): fruit, dairy, grain.

The great thing about IP for most people is ketosis removes the hunger (for the most part). For the few that don't get that effect, a different plan might work better, esp for people who want to do heavy workouts.

I started yoga & body weight exercises after losing about half my weight. I had to do PT before I could do any cardio. Even walking is bothering my hip these days.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-15-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #4  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

According to my coach my Ketosis already kicked in. I don't how to judge that. But it is getting better day by day. So I am hoping this weekend will be good. I been doing heavy workout before IP but due to injury and surgery I had I am not able to hit the gym for last 1 week.

I find out my weight loss on Monday weigh in.

Last edited by rsach312; 11-15-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: fixed
Old 11-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

rsach312 -- I have not been feeling hungry like you have, but I do understand the temptation, especially when out at weekend social gatherings, to have a drink. I managed to stick with a glass of sparkling water last night -- took a lot of willpower, as everyone else at the party was having fine wines! Tonight will be another challenge when we go out to a trendy restaurant with good friends. I might go shopping this afternoon to try on some clothes and remind myself why I started IP 10 days ago -- that should provide some motivation! Good luck and hang in there. Monday WI is just around the corner

Last edited by Mimi47; 11-15-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #6  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Mimi47 - pop one of the Skinny Cow water additives like the pineapple and coconut one in your purse for when you go out for dinner. Drop it in a glass of sparkling water and you have a cocktail taste at IP calories! It smells good and you won't feel like you're missing out.

Another water struggle day for me. I can see I'll have to break out the fruit teas again, as at least those taste nice, in order to get my quota in today.

Managed to drag hubby out on my walk this morning. We kitted up in warm layers, bobble hats on and went outside. 10 mins into the walk we were stripping off. Temp is cooler, but the wind has dropped and boy, is the sun strong today.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

I started P2 this week and not sure I like it!

8 oz of meat at lunch is too much, so I have been going with 6 oz instead, hopefully that isn't a problem.
What I am finding now is that my IP food for breakfast isn't cutting it, I am hungry before lunch (which has not happened while I was in P1) so need to eat a some of the free veggies.
Has anyone else had this experience in P2?
Old 11-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMe View Post

8 oz of meat at lunch is too much, so I have been going with 6 oz instead, hopefully that isn't a problem.
What I am finding now is that my IP food for breakfast isn't cutting it, I am hungry before lunch (which has not happened while I was in P1) so need to eat a some of the free veggies.
Yes I am on P3 and in P2 and P3 I have had to cut down on the protein because it is just too much and I cannot eat it all!
Old 11-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #9  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Split your 8oz (raw weight) meat over two meals, but don't short change yourself on the natural protein. It's designed to be in there for a reason.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Mimi47 - pop one of the Skinny Cow water additives like the pineapple and coconut one in your purse for when you go out for dinner. Drop it in a glass of sparkling water and you have a cocktail taste at IP calories! It smells good and you won't feel like you're missing out. :
Thanks for the tip, Briael! Are these additives available at any grocery stores or only online?
Old 11-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

The water drops are usually available almost anywhere they sell water. Grocery stores, drug stores, maybe even corner stores 7-11? I also like the Nesfrutta pineapple coconut and the Mio Fruit Punch, the Mango one, and Berry Pomegranate.
Or ask the bartender to muddle fresh mint in a glass, add a slice of lime, top with soda water and add a dab of sweetener if you need to. Looks like a 'regular drink' if that's your real issue (fitting in.)

Liana
Old 11-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #12  

Ah, right -- thank you. I was thinking these Skinny Cow ones were something different than Mio, etc. I love your mock mojito idea and might have to try that tonight. If lots of lime, I wouldn't even need sweetener Oh, and not at all worried about fitting in (too old to care about that!) -- just want to partake in the fun!

Last edited by Mimi47; 11-15-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #13  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:

I found that carrying a couple of hard-boiled eggs that I could have in advance of lunch was very helpful. It cut back on the lunch protein & got me through the morning. Just having free veggies at that point was not enough for me, but you will find your own rhythm with a little playing around.

But I agree - don't short change yourself on the protein.

Hang in! P3 comes very quickly & you will love P3 breakfasts
Old 11-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #14  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Lisa - I'm sorry to hear about your hip. How are you hanging in these days?
Old 11-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 223.5/205.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Just had a quick question, it's alright to break up your 8oz protein throughout the day right?
Closed Thread