Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
Ok, tell me the truth. I just had the mango drink for lunch. Ew. Not the flavor but the texture. Please tell me that they're not all so thick and sticky.

I hated the mango drink, makes me gag couldnt even finish it. I saw many made smoothies with it and some spiniche. Might be somewhere on one of the food recipies.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes it's the RTD. I did add a bit of water after drinking about half. Made it a bit more palatable but that takes away from the convenience factor of being RTD
Are the drink packets the same texture? (Please say no)
I didnt find a problem with them. Mind you i have only had the chocolate RTD. I do like the packets more tho because you can add more or less water depending on what you like
Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I asked about a 4th packet after reading about it here - my coach just said I could have an extra one if I felt like I needed it. Typically I'm good with three - although I do have the raspberry jelly a couple times a week and almost always as an extra.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Gee, day 5 for me, week one.......the last two days I have so much energy, I am like a machine lol......I am not sure if its all the vitamins or all the veggies......I even did two times 7 mins on the treadmill lol....I didnt want to force too much, then I did some stretching sits up etc.....whats wrong with me lol.....my cheeks seem a little flushed today like I was in the sun lool
Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Yes it's the RTD. I did add a bit of water after drinking about half. Made it a bit more palatable but that takes away from the convenience factor of being RTD
Are the drink packets the same texture? (Please say no)
I found the drink packets to be better, but as you know everyone likes different things. The lemonade was one of my favourites.
I love the RTD chocolate, vanilla, and cappuccino, they are good cold or warmed up.
In the beginning I tried many different IP products before I found my favourites. Takes a couple of weeks!
Old 11-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #51  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjsj40 View Post
So i bombed when i got home last night.....what are some things yall do when your home at night and want to munch how do you handle that?

Dannielle
Lots of choices. 1. Most of us have a "weak" point during the day when we start, so try to identify that period and fill it with something else to occupy your mind and hands. 2. Rejig your feeding hours so you are putting a snack in there. Everyone is different and sometimes your natural metabolism is on a slow at that time. I have a low point around 3pm in the afternoon, which I have learned to fill with herbal fruit teas. 3. Log onto 3FC and catch up with others who are also here to resist temptation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

THE STALL IS BROKEN!!!!!! Weighed this morning and I'm down two pounds! I figured that would happen since both my late TOM and my "plumbing" issues resolved at the SAME DARN TIME this week. Ten pounds to my tentative goal!
WooHooooooooo, that is good news indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiemcbee View Post
Had my first WI last night, and am down 3 pounds and 7 inches! Sure helps seeing those numbers to stay motivated.
Congrats! Nice inch loss, keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmytimenow View Post
I was getting ready this moning and looking in the mirror and I was wondering about losing alot of weight and having loose skin. I know it depends on the person, but I am wondering what to expect. What have been peoples experiences?
This is something that I've done a lot of reading about. As others have stated much will depend on your genetics, your age, your weight history, but there are trainers out there who believe you CAN lose loose skin over time. Apparently it has to do with the fact that loose skin has a very thin lining of tiny fat cells. The skin cannot shrink while the fat cells are still present. Thinking about it, if it was loose skin it would be paper thin, not slightly padded. What they recommend is getting to target weight, building up muscle mass to gain pounds and then losing more fat. This way the body fat percentage drops, it takes out the remaining itty bitty fat cells and the skin CAN shrink again. Who knows if the photos are photoshopped or if any of it is genuine, but skin is a living organ and it grows with us, so it should be able to shrink again, too. I suspect it would take a few years to be able to shrink skin, and it would depend on hydration and being in good health generally.

I have some ripply skin above the knees and I can feel some "loose" fat in the thighs but I'm still not even half way. I'm not going to worry overly much about loose skin, it's a victory mark over the fat that was inside it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
For those who started over 200 and are now under 200: when did you kick that 4th packet? I can't imagine that 200 is a really magic number and I have been wondering if I should go down to 3 packets a day soon. Right now I alternate between 3 and 4 IP foods a day based on timing. If I have time to eat 4 IP foods I do and if I don't (or I forget) then I don't. Up until about 2 weeks ago, I have been having 4 every day.
Never took a 4th packet. Once I got into ketosis I simply wasn't hungry enough to bother with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post

A NSV is that I found a dress I really liked while online shopping. There was only xl left, but because it was structured I thought it would be ok, because I usually need the room for my chest. But I got it yesterday and tried it on and I was swimming in it!!! So and because they are all sold out. AND my mom visited with me and was walking behind me and commented that you could really tell I've lost weight. This is good because it's not "just in the face" You ladies know what I am talking about.
You need someone with some sewing machine skills to take that dress in for you. Or a local seamstress/tailor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Oh and another thing for me to be excited about it that I've talked my mom into trying IP. She is 62 and close to 300lbs, with a lot of health issues. She is a smoker, has type II diabetes, COPD? (something with her lungs I think), sore joints, and swelling in her legs. I am hopeful that she will be successful with the program so she can start feeling healthier.

You may see her around the forum, if I can teach her how to use it
How wonderful. You'll have someone to share the journey with, to be strong together at family gatherings and to swap notes with on how to bake with the IP packets.

Quote:
Ok, tell me the truth. I just had the mango drink for lunch. Ew. Not the flavor but the texture. Please tell me that they're not all so thick and sticky.
I use 9oz water in the fruit type drinks. Make it, let it stand for 5 minutes and scoop off the worst of the fuzz or mix it back in with a spoon. It made me gag for the longest time to drink froth. Alternatively, make it with 8 oz water, 5 ice cubes and blend blend blend. For some reason the ice seems to stop the worst of the frothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Gee, day 5 for me, week one.......the last two days I have so much energy, I am like a machine lol......I am not sure if its all the vitamins or all the veggies......I even did two times 7 mins on the treadmill lol....I didnt want to force too much, then I did some stretching sits up etc.....whats wrong with me lol.....my cheeks seem a little flushed today like I was in the sun lool
You're another of the lucky ones who feels on top of the world with energy. Enjoy it, make use of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMe View Post
I found the drink packets to be better, but as you know everyone likes different things. The lemonade was one of my favourites.
I love the RTD chocolate, vanilla, and cappuccino, they are good cold or warmed up.
In the beginning I tried many different IP products before I found my favourites. Takes a couple of weeks!
It sure does. The packets you don't like can often be converted with some additions or rethinking - remember to check the IP recipes link in the first post of the daily thread. You'll be amazed at how often someone else has come up with an easy fix for the less palatable ones!

--

Tried the Celestial Blessings seasonal teas - love the Sugar Plum spice, not so keen on the others. It did, however, get me looking at other herbal non-caffeinated teas and today I bought the Celestial herbal Fruit Tea mix packet and am enjoying it AND the Tazo "Passion" tea (hibiscus, orange peel, rosehip and passionfruit). It's VERY zingy and sweet enough not to need any sweetener.

Can't thank you tea recommenders enough. It's really lovely to have a warming drink on a cold afternoon, instead of pure water.

Last edited by Briael; 11-14-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Okay, so I am totally bumming. Tuesday was a total stress day, came home, went completely off plan but back on Wednesday. Have only loss 1 pound this week, so I am wondering if my "blow out" was enough to effect the scale? At the same time, I have not loss the metallic taste In my mouth ( sign of Ketosis)that I have had since two weeks ago. I have def loss inches
and my clothes are way looser but the scale has hardly moved this week Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Okay, so I am totally bumming. Tuesday was a total stress day, came home, went completely off plan but back on Wednesday. Have only loss 1 pound this week, so I am wondering if my "blow out" was enough to effect the scale? At the same time, I have not loss the metallic taste In my mouth ( sign of Ketosis)that I have had since two weeks ago. I have def loss inches
and my clothes are way looser but the scale has hardly moved this week Anyone have any ideas?
It is possible to be in Ketosis but still consume excess calories which can derail weight loss. Ketosis alone isn't a weight loss miracle.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmytimenow View Post
Morning all!!
Glad to see people are staying positive and losing!!! I was getting ready this moning and looking in the mirror and I was wondering about losing alot of weight and having loose skin. I know it depends on the person, but I am wondering what to expect. What have been peoples experiences?
I lost 125lbs with IP and about 25lbs before starting, I have some loose skin on the arms, which to quote a fellow maintainer is referred to as "bat wings" some skin on stomach and if I'm in a plank position loose skin in thighs. But I'd rather be healthy and have it. I think it maps my journey. I exercised throughout IP and that helped. I'll add I'm 39 and carried twins who are now 6.5

Quote:
I know what you mean. I add 3:1 water plus ice cubes and put in blender. Totally defeats purpose if RTD but I could not drink it straight. Packet shakes aren't as think and I always add extra water. Got a bigger shaker to mix it in.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #55  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Good morning everyone. TGIF! I'm hoping to catch up on some sleep this weekend. With all the water I'm drinking in the evenings, I'm up every few hours to pee. And when I'm asleep, I'm dreaming of boats and rain and rivers! Anyone else have a job that limits how much you can drink during the day? And if so, how are you dealing with it? I get 24-32 oz in before 630 am but then am limited until after work.
Thanks in advance
I drive a school bus in the morning then again in the afternoon. So I dare not drink a lot of water before my day ends about 4:00pm. It's not like I can just pull the bus over and yell, "Back in a minute kids, have to go pee"..lol So the majority of my water goes in between 4:00pm-10:00pm and I'm doing just fine with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
For those who started over 200 and are now under 200: when did you kick that 4th packet? I can't imagine that 200 is a really magic number and I have been wondering if I should go down to 3 packets a day soon. Right now I alternate between 3 and 4 IP foods a day based on timing. If I have time to eat 4 IP foods I do and if I don't (or I forget) then I don't. Up until about 2 weeks ago, I have been having 4 every day.
I've never had a 4th packet. My coach told me if I'm overly hungry then to go ahead and add a 4th packet but only in the first week OP. I've never felt hungry enough to do that though.

Andi

Old 11-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #56  

Boxes of little mandarin Christmas oranges EVERYWHERE saying pssst.....psssst.... "eat me!"
Old 11-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I cannot stand the fruit RTD's as a drink... but I love them frozen! Pour them in a tupperware container (with lid ) and put them in the freezer- at least overnight. Take them out and nuke them (10-15 seconds; don't overdo it) just enough to make it 'scrapeable'. Just like sorbet. So yummy. Definitely no convenience factor... but very, very palatable!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #58  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

You can also mix the made up mango drink with the made up raspberry jello and pop it in the fridge for an hour. Takes the edge off the protein taste of the jello and tones down the mango a lot.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Never tried the RTD's as I thought they were too expensive to pay for added water (really!). The packet mango was one of my favorites - breakfast pretty well 3x week, lol. I also liked the pina colada one. But I liked the froth, reminded me of a head on a glass of beer. Maybe it was just an oral hallucination. Is there such a thing??

Liana
Closed Thread