Old 11-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Staying within my maintenance range is my motivation now- so the scale motivates me.

Anniversaries of hitting goal- next month will be 6 months, June will be a year- I am buying myself something good for both as a reward!

If I am honest, I really do not want to be a statistic or give satisfaction to all the doubters. The doubters are the "really encouraging" people that tell you, how so and so lost all this weight but gained it back.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

The scale motivates me. fitting in smaller clothes does to! Also the extra attention from my fiance
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 223.5/205.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
What motivates me:-

Wanting to be comfortable on long haul flights. Silly tiny seats.
Being able to see the bikini line without having to look in a mirror to deal with it.
Being able to wrap a regular towel (instead of my extra large ones) around me when I jump out of the shower.

But the biggest one (and probably the worst from a personal perspective) being smaller than my sister for the first time in my life. I want to NOT be the fat sister for a while. *grin*
Love it!!! I forgot about the towel one, I want that too! Better yet, just feel good walking around naked
itsmytimenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
So much of this resonates. I've noticed my motivation changing over time. It started with being able to keep up with and actively engage my 5yo daughter. Since I've dropped weight, I now like all the clothes that fit and the confidence I have. I love not worrying about needing an extender on the plane or being the biggest in the room.
I plan on having kids and I want to be active with them. My sister in law has a 3 year old and they both never stop. That's how I wanna be
Old 11-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I like everyone's responses above and relate to a lot of them.

For me, in order of most important to least:

1. Health Improvement. Improve my health and increase life expectancy (lower blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, and reduce strain on internal organs
2. Pain Reduction. Reduce or eliminate chronic pain (back, hips, knees, feet)
3. Confidence Boost. Look a lot better (attractive/sexy) and feel better about myself (improve confidence and self worth)
4. Social/Activity Ease. Feel more comfortable in my body. Become more active and social (Ever go on an 8 hour flight, 100+ pounds overweight?)
5. Clothes Fun. Buying clothes in the "regular" section, not the "plus" section. Having clothes fit better in general. Having fun with belts and an actual waistline. Wearing high heels without pain.
Sounds great! One thing I didn't think about in a long time but you just reminded me of with your social/activity heading. Went to Mexico a couple years ago and we went on a zip line. I was TERRIFIED that I was gonna be told I was too heavy to go on the line. Of course that didn't happen (there were some big men there too) but I don't want to worry about being told that. Looking forward to trying that again with my new body.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Mine are some overlap but here were / are some of mine....

Fit in an airplane seat without needing the seatbelt extender - Done

Being able to breathe when out showing clients houses.....very embarrassing to walk up a flight of stairs and not being able to have a conversation.

To actually have some photos of me around the house that I'm not hiding behind things...

My father passed away at 60. He was severely overweight. Didn't even fit in a normal casket....I don't want that to be me. I want to live long and travel and enjoy retirement and all the years I worked for it.

To shop in "normal" stores...

To not be the biggest person in my family. - I'm 20lbs from going below my husbands weight and I can't wait to be smaller then him! It has been 25 years since that has been the case.....and I have never been smaller than my sister!

Some of these are very superficial, but it's the little things that keep us motivated!
I was thinking that people may view my list as superficial too, but it's way more than that. I avoid activities/situations that i'm uncomfortable in because of my weight and it's hard emotionally and mentally. My husband is thin and although I know he loves me no matter what, I want to be the thin one, I want to weigh less than him. We are getting there!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Mine are some overlap but here were / are some of mine....

Fit in an airplane seat without needing the seatbelt extender - Done

Being able to breathe when out showing clients houses.....very embarrassing to walk up a flight of stairs and not being able to have a conversation.

To actually have some photos of me around the house that I'm not hiding behind things...

My father passed away at 60. He was severely overweight. Didn't even fit in a normal casket....I don't want that to be me. I want to live long and travel and enjoy retirement and all the years I worked for it.

To shop in "normal" stores...

To not be the biggest person in my family. - I'm 20lbs from going below my husbands weight and I can't wait to be smaller then him! It has been 25 years since that has been the case.....and I have never been smaller than my sister!

Some of these are very superficial, but it's the little things that keep us motivated!
I was thinking that people may view my list as superficial too, but it's way more than that. I avoid activities/situations that i'm uncomfortable in because of my weight and it's hard emotionally and mentally. My husband is thin and although I know he loves me no matter what, I want to be the thin one, I want to weigh less than him. We are getting there!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Staying within my maintenance range is my motivation now- so the scale motivates me.

Anniversaries of hitting goal- next month will be 6 months, June will be a year- I am buying myself something good for both as a reward!

If I am honest, I really do not want to be a statistic or give satisfaction to all the doubters. The doubters are the "really encouraging" people that tell you, how so and so lost all this weight but gained it back.
Got to love those "really encouraging" people hey?! We will prove them wrong
Old 11-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicofox View Post
The scale motivates me. fitting in smaller clothes does to! Also the extra attention from my fiance
The scale has never been my friend, ever, but I am beginning to finally see the scale move!!! Gotta love the extra attention