3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Comminity Daily Chat Monday 11/10/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/300417-ip-comminity-daily-chat-monday-11-10-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 11-10-2014 07:16 AM

IP Comminity Daily Chat Monday 11/10/2014

IP Community Daily Chat
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

pishposhappelsauce 11-10-2014 08:47 AM

Good morning IPeeps! Happy Monday (er...as happy as it can be)! Thanks everyone for the kind words and congrats over the weekend. Today is my last official day of P2. Scale is sitting around 162 the past few days so hoping for an ok WI tomorrow. Planned a portable P3 breakfast so I can eat it at the office after my WI. Hope everyone has a great day!

Not so fat anymore 11-10-2014 09:29 AM

Hi all
Friday will be my last day for P2 and I have to plan mt first day on P3 the following. I think I will have toast with eggs ,fruit and either cheese or yogurt.

I agree that it is scary leaving the comfort and control of P1 but a diet has an end and I have to learn how to maintain.

I need a recipe to make pancakes without using the crispy cereal. I would like to use items I can get in a regular grocery store but would like them to be high in protein and low in carbs. Any suggestions ?

Have a great Monday .

pishposhappelsauce 11-10-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore (Post 5092495)
Hi all
Friday will be my last day for P2 and I have to plan mt first day on P3 the following. I think I will have toast with eggs ,fruit and either cheese or yogurt.

I agree that it is scary leaving the comfort and control of P1 but a diet has an end and I have to learn how to maintain.

I need a recipe to make pancakes without using the crispy cereal. I would like to use items I can get in a regular grocery store but would like them to be high in protein and low in carbs. Any suggestions ?

Have a great Monday .

This P3 Breakfast thread has a ton of recipes including some for ricotta pancakes: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-ideas-4.html I also just bumped the Life After Phase 1 thread that has some good ideas in it.

SallyE 11-10-2014 11:19 AM

Good Morning everyone!

I had my WI today and down .2. I am now done with P2 and today is day 1 of P3. I had my first P3 breakfast and it was wonderful and scary all at the same time! I am a little bit scared because I know that a couple of pounds gain is to be expected in P3 and I am a little disappointed that I ended up gaining in P2. Maybe that means I won't gain much in P3 - I can only hope!

I am with you pishposh on comparing my goal weight to others that are around my height and being wishy washy about my goal weight. I REALLY wanted to get to 130 but finally just decided it was time to Phase off. I am content where I am but I feel like I am the "upper end" of the range I want to stay in. I am going to try my best to maintain over the holidays and assess where I am at the beginning of the new year!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!

CO_6 11-10-2014 11:26 AM

Morning! A lot of people are reaching their goal weights and that is AWESOME!!

After what I would consider a two month stall, I went ahead and decided to do a re-feed day yesterday. This is a day of high carb intake ("healthy carbs", not junk) in an effort to increase my leptin levels.

I will let you all know how much of a success or a disaster it is when I weigh in next week.

pishposhappelsauce 11-10-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyE (Post 5092545)
Good Morning everyone!

I had my WI today and down .2. I am now done with P2 and today is day 1 of P3. I had my first P3 breakfast and it was wonderful and scary all at the same time! I am a little bit scared because I know that a couple of pounds gain is to be expected in P3 and I am a little disappointed that I ended up gaining in P2. Maybe that means I won't gain much in P3 - I can only hope!

I am with you pishposh on comparing my goal weight to others that are around my height and being wishy washy about my goal weight. I REALLY wanted to get to 130 but finally just decided it was time to Phase off. I am content where I am but I feel like I am the "upper end" of the range I want to stay in. I am going to try my best to maintain over the holidays and assess where I am at the beginning of the new year!

I hope everyone has a great IP day!

So glad you enjoyed your breakfast! I am with you, I'm going to reassess in January and depending on my exercise level, I might return to P1 for a month.

Mimi47 11-10-2014 12:02 PM

Just started … a few questions

I just started this great adventure last Thursday and have spent the weekend scouring all the incredible information posted on this forum. In fact, at times, I have been so consumed by gathering recipes and tips that I am missing meal times! Congratulations to all of you moving from P2 to P3 --you must feel amazing!

Even though I'm just in P1, it seems that this is the right place to ask a few silly questions:
-- I received a sampling of various IP foods at my initial meeting, including some drinks in paper cartons and some in plastic bottles - I think chocolate came in both containers. Is there any difference between these?
-- I've seen lots of recipes that include egg whites, e.g., for Zucchini Muffins made with oatmeal. I guess you just deduct that egg white from your dinner protein allotment? All OK as long as the totals don't exceed 8 oz of protein by end of day? (which, by the way, has been too much so I've been having about 5 oz -- assume that's OK)
-- I'm feeling great so far (Day 5) but am very nervous about leg cramps (got really bad ones when I tried a juice cleanse in the past). For anyone who has had those on IP, when do they usually set in? I have no idea whether I'm in ketosis or not yet. Should I just double up on potassium as a preventive measure this first week?
Thanks so much for any advice!

Wahoofan 11-10-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi47 (Post 5092567)
I just started this great adventure last Thursday and have spent the weekend scouring all the incredible information posted on this forum. In fact, at times, I have been so consumed by gathering recipes and tips that I am missing meal times! Congratulations to all of you moving from P2 to P3 --you must feel amazing!

Even though I'm just in P1, it seems that this is the right place to ask a few silly questions:
-- I received a sampling of various IP foods at my initial meeting, including some drinks in paper cartons and some in plastic bottles - I think chocolate came in both containers. Is there any difference between these?
-- I've seen lots of recipes that include egg whites, e.g., for Zucchini Muffins made with oatmeal. I guess you just deduct that egg white from your dinner protein allotment? All OK as long as the totals don't exceed 8 oz of protein by end of day? (which, by the way, has been too much so I've been having about 5 oz -- assume that's OK)
-- I'm feeling great so far (Day 5) but am very nervous about leg cramps (got really bad ones when I tried a juice cleanse in the past). For anyone who has had those on IP, when do they usually set in? I have no idea whether I'm in ketosis or not yet. Should I just double up on potassium as a preventive measure this first week?

Welcome! Your coach should have clarified what she gave you, but it sounds like she didn't. The chocolate drink in the paper carton (like a juice box) is a Ready To Drink (RTD) which is nutritionally similar to the powdered shake. My guess is that the one in plastic is the meal replacement one, but I have never seen one so I can't be sure. If it is, then I believe you would use it in place of your evening meal but hopefully someone with experience with these will chime in.

Egg whites are generally considered free. There are so few calories in them that you would have to eat an awful lot to set you back. You can certainly count them if you are having trouble eating all your 8oz, but you don't have to. Your are measuring the 8oz raw, right? It is a lot, but only about 5oz once cooked. You don't have to eat it all at once. You can break it up between lunch and dinner, or snack on it throughout the day if you like. As long as you get everything in throughout the day, you can break it up however best fits your lifestyle.

I haven't seen very much discussion of leg cramps on here. If you know you are prone to them, then take your usual precautions.

Duaba 11-10-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi47 (Post 5092567)

The potassium should be taken everyday, and will certainly help with any sort of leg cramps.

I, too, was curious about the free use of egg whites in this forum. When I asked my coach about the egg whites, she said they aren't allowed as freebies. That for every two egg whites, 1 oz should be deducted from your daily animal protein.

Good luck to you!

SallyE 11-10-2014 01:09 PM

Just went to go fix my lunch and realized I forgot my ground beef patty at home that I had planned for lunch! I am having a packet of IP mushroom soup with my salad for lunch. I am on P3...any advice on if I need add any more lean protein or just leave my day as is with my substitute lunch???

catlady1981 11-10-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duaba (Post 5092593)
The potassium should be taken everyday, and will certainly help with any sort of leg cramps.

I, too, was curious about the free use of egg whites in this forum. When I asked my coach about the egg whites, she said they aren't allowed as freebies. That for every two egg whites, 1 oz should be deducted from your daily animal protein.

Good luck to you!

When I was going to a coach I was told the same thing about the egg whites. So I always deducted them from the protein amounts each day.

Even on the potassium, I still get wicked nighttime leg cramping. It comes and goes and I can't put my finger on what triggers it. I've been on the program a little over 8 months and I get them still, at least once or twice a month.

This weekend WI was disappointing. I didn't loose any lbs. or inches. As a matter of fact I went up to 146.7 from 146.1 from two weeks ago. It's probably sodium, and my head knows this. I made the crack slaw this weekend and it was really good. But even Braggs Aminos has lots of sodium. :(

TeagsC 11-10-2014 01:28 PM

Awesome info about the egg whites, that helps a lot!

SallyE 11-10-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 5092632)
When I was going to a coach I was told the same thing about the egg whites. So I always deducted them from the protein amounts each day.

Even on the potassium, I still get wicked nighttime leg cramping. It comes and goes and I can't put my finger on what triggers it. I've been on the program a little over 8 months and I get them still, at least once or twice a month.

This weekend WI was disappointing. I didn't loose any lbs. or inches. As a matter of fact I went up to 146.7 from 146.1 from two weeks ago. It's probably sodium, and my head knows this. I made the crack slaw this weekend and it was really good. But even Braggs Aminos has lots of sodium. :(

Same thing happened to me as was getting so close to my goal! Looks you are below your goal, are you phasing off yet? Believe me I understand the WIs as you get close to your goal, I had a gain twice! Hang in there, the scale will be back down soon! And I had crackslaw this weekend too and that stuff is addictive! I LOVE IT!

Aria05 11-10-2014 01:42 PM

in my case, I have always eaten a lil extra protein every now n den. half egg, extra egg whites, 8.5 oz protein...u get the picture. And i still lost. But i only lose ~2 lbs a week. maybe i cud lose more if i stopped cheating on my proteins a lil bit. who knows:) but i still lose. I also go a lil more broccoli, mushrooms etc too. But dats me:) I love my meat and veggies a lot!!:)