Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Thanks, Slip, you are probably right....
Old 11-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #32  

Height: 5'2

Hawaii - Ugh, this is definitely not running weather. Shoveled snow for 15 minutes though so I'm sure I burned some calories there. Arms feel like rubber now!

Slip - My scale was a bit up today too. Pretty sure it's also TOM on its way. It seems like we only get 2 good weight weeks a month with this TOM business :P

Liana - I'm sorry to hear about the Alzheimer's stress. Is it your mother who has the condition? I am so lucky that my parents are still quite young and healthy. It's my husband's parents that have some conditions including late stage MS with increasing dementia and heart disease. It's hard to make decisions regarding care that is best for everyone. I hope you find a solution you can be happy with.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good morning Oct Newbies;

Steph; Thats a positive way to look at it! Yes, shovelling snow burns lots of calories. -26C this morning! Brrr!!

Slip: those up lbs will be gone, you always know how to get rid of them.

Liana; I've had friends go through what you are going through with your Mom and it is a grieving process. And its something you can't fix but being a support to your Dad and being there for your Mom is what you can do. And of course looking after yourself and making sure you have support too.

I got to the gym yesterday and it felt good. Its been too long! It always amazes me at all the shapes and sizes there are and we all are trying to move these bodies and be healthier. Some on other threads have talked about not comparing our weights with others at the same height and its so important that we don't. We are all built different and the same weight on one isn't going to look the same on another. Size and measurements tell us more. But, I still have my days of wondering if I should lose more and I am happy to say that I have more days of feeling good at where I am. I knew when I phased off that I was at a good size for me, but sometimes I have those days of self doubt. Its a work in progress! Have a great day and stay warm!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Good morning,

Have been up since 7:00 on my day off. Why?.... because my crazy lawn guy started leaf removal at 7:00! I swear, he does it every year to torture me.

Hawaii, I think that we are hardest on ourselves. My body at 49 is not going to look like a fashion model, I can live with that. Just think about what we looked like a year ago! My mind does have the doubts just like yours. I am between an 8-10 in dress pants. It is tempting to lose a bit more to consistently fit into 8s.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Slip: Dumb lawn guy! Hate that! I have to smile at your wanting to fit consistently in size 8s cause I would love to fit consistently in size 10's! I'm a 10-12 in pants, probably more of a 12 most times. I used to be a tight 14 so I am happy where I am now but would love to be smaller! Hee hee
Old 11-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #36  

Hawaii, my thighs are my issue. I do not think that they are going away I just kept losing in my face and upper body. I will be happy to maintain at my current goal. Maintenance can be hard! Grr!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #37  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. Just wondering if I can join :0) I have done IP over a year ago and had great success with it. However, I have since let my cravings take over and now I am having a very hard time getting back into the hang of things. I have 31 pounds I would love to lose! (and that will get me back to where I was a year ago). I could use all help you wonderful people can give! Really really need to lose some of this before christmas gets here and my family shows up

Anyway, I hope its ok to post here and I look forward to starting this No gain November challenge!!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #38  

Welcome back Claustin! Once an Oct. Newbie, always an Oct.Newbie. Wishing you luck on your restart. IP works when we work it.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Claustin & welcome back!

Feeling like emotional crap today... wishing I didn't have to go to work tonight, but also glad that I can spend the 7 hours by myself just doing my job and not having to interact with anyone (as long as there are no alarm call outs tonight).
I actually did some sewing on my dress for the wedding coming up on Saturday - I did promise you all the before & after pictures from my $3.00 bag sale satin gown from the thrift shop. It will be done before we drive to the wedding, lol.

Liana
Old 11-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #40  

WB Claustin. I remember you from last year

Liana: You must do security work? Sounds interesting! You definitely need to show us this dress when the time comes!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #41  

Liana, the procrastinating sew-er You did say that it would be last minute. I am looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Sorry that you are feeling so down. I will pray that your night is quiet and peace filled.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #42  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone! Nice to see so many familiar faces! Gives me hope
Old 11-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #43  

Such a long day! Thankfully the scale is cooperating and moving back down.

Hope that you are all well. Missing some of my friends: Luccilove, Kooky, Hiker, Kawaii and Schenectady! Where are you?
Old 11-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Such a long day! Thankfully the scale is cooperating and moving back down.

Hope that you are all well. Missing some of my friends: Luccilove, Kooky, Hiker, Kawaii and Schenectady! Where are you?
Slipfree - Yay for scale victory! I miss those ladies too. Hopefully they will find their way back to say hi and everything is well with them
Old 11-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello all! I will be so glad on Friday night when the craft fair is over. I have spent the last 5 days making cards, non stop. I am so tired. I finished up tonight so I am relaxing now. The scale was up 1.8lbs this morning which I am ok with, it is TOM.
I had to laugh at you guys wanting to be a smaller pant size. I was thinking about this the other day, I am currently in a size 10, one pair is an 8. And I was thinking last year at this time I was in a size 24, dreaming of getting into a 18! Who knew I would blow past the 18's? Still amazed. But I too am undecided whether I should keep losing or maintain. Right now I am maintaining between 145 and 150. I am going to stick with that until Jan and see how I feel about my weight, body size then. I think I am still losing inches, at least my jeans were loser the other day when I put them on.

Liana: hugs for you and your dad. It is good you are letting your emotions out, we need that.
Closed Thread