Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #16  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Good morning everyone!! Newbie reporting in!!! P1 week3 ends tomo. Can't wait to see how the WI turns out!!! I was OP all week. Fingers crossed!!!
And Welcome TeagsC!!! You will find a ton of good information and support here!! I did
Have a strong OP week y'all!!!

Last edited by Aria05; 11-03-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Thanks, Aria! It's been great info from just poking around today. I'm excited!! And hungry.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning everybody! I am a little disappointed this morning...this is my first week on P2 and the scale was up 1.8 pounds today for my WI. I am a daily weigher and do have a pattern of going up and down all week long. I think last week's WI caught me at a really "down" weight day and this week's WI caught me a really "up" day. I also made some IP approved chili this weekend and I am thinking maybe the canned tomatoes or the little bit of tomato paste I used is making me retain a little water. Also, I realized I have been eating a lot of canned chicken breast and maybe I need to limit that with the sodium it has in it. Whatever the case, I am trying to just go on about my business and not let it bother me, but I do have to say I am a little disappointed. On to a new week!!!

Welcome to the newbies today!!!!

Last edited by SallyE; 11-03-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Does any one know if Nashua has any discounts running right now?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #20  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
Good morning everybody! I am a little disappointed this morning...this is my first week on P2 and the scale was up 1.8 pounds today for my WI. I am a daily weigher and do have a pattern of going up and down all week long. I think last week's WI caught me at a really "down" weight day and this week's WI caught me a really "up" day. I also made some IP approved chili this weekend and I am thinking maybe the canned tomatoes or the little bit of tomato paste I used is making me retain a little water. Also, I realized I have been eating a lot of canned chicken breast and maybe I need to limit that with the sodium it has in it. Whatever the case, I am trying to just go on about my business and not let it bother me, but I do have to say I am a little disappointed. On to a new week!!!

Hey SallyE, I am also on P2 and my scale has been all over the place. I am at 164.5 this morning. It's irritating, but just have to have faith that it will all even out. Could be any number of factors as our bodies are reacting to the increased calories. When do you start P3?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Can anyone direct me to the thread that references alternative supplements. I need more this week but do not want to pay the high price for IP supplements. Any suggestions would be great. Definitely need the multi-vitamin this week.

Thank you!!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #22  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Talking

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Newbies . . .

@TeagsC . . . I have found that when I get a little hungry that I have a big ole glass of water. Doing this accomplishes two goals - 1) curbs my hunger, and 2) contributes to my daily water intake.

I had a great weigh in this morning - down another 5 lbs, so officially 21 lbs since Sept 29th. My first mini-goal was to be down 15 by the Avon Walk (weekend of Oct 25th) and now heading towards my next mini-goal of an additional 20 by Thanksgiving. With this weeks WI #, I need to lose 15 by Thanksgiving . . .

This weekend was a little bit of a challenge, but I did it. I will admit I did treat myself to a few glasses of wine . . .and I don't feel one bit guilty! I knew I was making smart choices with my food and was still getting in all my water for each day. We were also doing a lot of walking, so I was getting in exercise, even if it was leisurely walking . . .it COUNTS!

Now that things have settled, I have the next few weeks to really focus on the program.

Question: Has one found a sauce that they love to use on the Chicken Patty? I am totally digging them, but feel they could use a sauce.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hey SallyE, I am also on P2 and my scale has been all over the place. I am at 164.5 this morning. It's irritating, but just have to have faith that it will all even out. Could be any number of factors as our bodies are reacting to the increased calories. When do you start P3?
Hi Pishposh! I have been following you in the maintenance thread! We are very similar! I am starting P3 next Monday, Nov 10th. I am hoping for a better WI next Monday because I know chances are I will gain a couple of pounds on P3 and I would really like to be a couple pounds down from where I am when I start P3 next Monday. We can do this!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Question- is there an alternative oatmeal that is unrestricted and available in stores?
At Nashua(online only) Proti-Diet unrestricted maple oatmeal. It's very yummy and you can buy it in bulk which brings down the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post

I have found that I am SUPER sensitive to sodium. I finally figured that out when I would have up lbs for no reason. I take it in stride, knowing that if I go up a couple of lbs it is for that reason only and not that I have gained back fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
The only thing right now is HealthSmart hot drinks for 10.99 a box. Just know that whenever you order, the free shipping email will come a couple of days afterwards. Happens to me everytime.

I had a sort of breakthrough this weekend. I realized that I am now a member of the 100+ club. When I got divorced 6 years ago I was at my heaviest ever, 248. I started working out and eating better, generally taking care of myself and lost 48 lbs in 2 years. Then I put some back on and convinced myself that menopause would make it impossible for me to loose any more. I tried several different diets, none worked until IP. I have now lost 102 lbs. It amazes me. I will NEVER go back to that again.

I tried on size 8 pants this weekend and they fit! I just couldn't stop looking at myself in the dressing room mirror and grinning like a crazy person. This morning at work, wearing said size 8 pants, several people approached me who have not said anything about my losses and said how good I looked. It made me feel so good.

I am so close to my second goal. I am looking forward to the next part of this journey, and getting to maintenance. These boards have been a lifeline for me and I am very grateful for everyone here and the support we all give each other.

Happy Monday!!

Last edited by catlady1981; 11-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
All HealthSmart Brand Hot Chocolates & Cappuccinos Only $10.99 This Week!

Enter Discount Code HSHOT At Checkout To Receive Discount.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Thanks for the welcome, ladies! I have a quick question that I can't seem to find anywhere on the threads here - do you microwave your shaker for the soups? It says to do it on the package, but I'm a little nervous especially with the ball in it!

TIA!

Catlady - wow, huge congrats on the 100+ club, that is simply amazing! And size 8 pants, wooooeeeee! I'm happy for you, I can't even imagine how good that feels.

Pinky - OMG, you are blowing those goals out of the water! I'm excited for ya!

For those who use the alternatives, do you tell your coach or are you just doing the program on your own? As it's my first week, I'm not sure how well my coach would react to me not buying the IP products from her... :S
Old 11-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
All HealthSmart Brand Hot Chocolates & Cappuccinos Only $10.99 This Week!

Enter Discount Code HSHOT At Checkout To Receive Discount.
If you can wait a few days, they should be sending out their monthly code for $5 off your order.

As always, shipping is free over $100 and 10% off for lifetime member. I joined with my first order and had already started saving money with my second order.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #28  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
Thanks for the welcome, ladies! I have a quick question that I can't seem to find anywhere on the threads here - do you microwave your shaker for the soups? It says to do it on the package, but I'm a little nervous especially with the ball in it!

TIA!

Catlady - wow, huge congrats on the 100+ club, that is simply amazing! And size 8 pants, wooooeeeee! I'm happy for you, I can't even imagine how good that feels.

Pinky - OMG, you are blowing those goals out of the water! I'm excited for ya!

For those who use the alternatives, do you tell your coach or are you just doing the program on your own? As it's my first week, I'm not sure how well my coach would react to me not buying the IP products from her... :S
No. I'm sure you can't microwave with a metal ball in anything. But I also don't want to microwave in my shaker cup. I shake up my soup, pour it into a microwavable container or bowl and nuke it.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #29  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Monday Motivation: If you were walking down a flight of stairs and stumbled down a few, would you then say “Well, I’ve blown it” and throw yourself down the rest? No! You would get back up and resume walking. If you stumbled this weekend, immediately pick yourself back up and <get back on plan>!
I *love* this quote. Thanks for sharing it, Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All. Sad to report that this was the first weekend since I started IP in June that I cheated. I honestly don't know what it was mentality wise but I feel so guilty today. I was still pretty much eating lower carbs, I just wasn't sticking with the plan. My scale at home shows I'm up a lb (I missed last week's WI at my clinic bc of a last minute trip out of town).

I'm back on it today and hope not to have another slip up because I really do feel guilty about it. Hope everyone is doing well and I hope this doing throw me too far off course.
One slip in 5 months? I'd say that's nice going and you're entitled to one boo-boo. You know it is probably only water weight (you have to take in 3500 calories to gain a lb, remember?) and you'll have lost it by the time your WI comes round.

Quote:
Thanks, Aria! It's been great info from just poking around today. I'm excited!! And hungry.
Agree with the glass of water advice, but make sure you take advantage of the free lettuce and cucumber options when you're hungry. If you don't use your olive oil allowance to saute veggies in, add a drop of apple cider vinegar to the olive oil with some black pepper and you have a tasty dressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Just know that whenever you order, the free shipping email will come a couple of days afterwards. Happens to me everytime.

I have now lost 102 lbs. It amazes me. I will NEVER go back to that again.

I tried on size 8 pants this weekend and they fit!
I hear you. Put in two orders on NN this weekend. One to refill the beloved choc chip pancakes (and the blueberry for hubby) and they immediately sent me the free shipping for halloween weekend email, so I placed another one.

Congrats on the 100+ loss, that is an awesome achievement. How lovely to be a size 8 pants. I'm full of envy. Enjoy being a slim one!

Quote:

Welcome welcome TeagsC. Always nice to see more people on the journey to health and happiness.

I wouldn't put the soup shaker in the microwave, despite what it says. I don't even use the dishwasher for mine. 1. No plastic is good with heat. 2. The soups take a while to "soften" the soy and vegetables chunks in them, so it is far tastier and better texture-wise to cook them on a stovetop. If you mix it 3-5 mins in advance before heating you will find the "chunks" puff up nicely and you won't break your teeth on the crunch.

Be very careful with telling your coach anything about alternatives, unless you are prepared to accept the risk that they may remove you as a customer if you aren't purchasing the required quota of IP packets. Not all coaches/clinics have this philosophy but if you like the accountability of their WI and you have built up preferences for some of the IP foods.

You can always carry on buying your favourite 3 packets per week and supplemented with alternatives without telling them. I believe that many of our maintenance folks still have IP or alt packets in their cupboards as a back up or "recovery" plan.

----

Weight loss looks slow this week (WI Tuesday) but the tape measure is my bestest buddy. Half inch losses everywhere, with 3/4 inch off the butt. Hubby keeps pinching it and saying "Yep, definitely getting smaller" so I don't know whether to be pleased or angry.

Happy Monday All.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #30  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Hi Ladies! Well, I am a newbie - joined IP on Saturday and starting day 1 today. I am pretty excited, and a little nervous. Looking forward to posting here to keep me on track!
Welcome We are all here for each other....good luck!!
Closed Thread