Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
Yes, talking about the IP Double Chocolate Brownie. My coach never said I shouldn't eat it every day. . . .the first week I had one everyday and lost 6 lbs

Right now, I feel like I'm still in a very early stage of learning and figuring out what works for my body and what doesn't. However, I don't want the same lunch/snack every single day . . . I like a little variety in my meals. But I do ever so much love those brownies! It's like a sinful treat that I shouldn't be having - a safe way to "cheat" without actually cheating!

I didn't realize there is a "super restricted" set of food! Where can I find this list . . . those I would most definitely steer clear of.??
There shouldn't be a problem with eating the brownie every day. You are allowed a restricted every day.

The Chocolate Raspberry Bar is the only item that I see on the list that is super restricted.

*** Chocolate Raspberry Bar - R

No more than one *R (restricted) item allowed per day
* * Items are allowed no more than twice per week
*** Items are allowed no more than once a week
^^ Dinner replacements (count as 8 oz protein)

The above information can be found on the IP order form.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
When the double brownie first came out there was a lot of discussion about it being higher in carbs and calories than the other IP bars. Perhaps the limit to a few times a week was just an in-house rule at some of the clinics. Sorry if I remembered incorrectly.

Still, if you are trying to help your progress, try a lower calorie restricted option before giving them up all together. If you go too low, you body may move to starvation mode and hold on to every calorie possible. The program is designed to include a restricted every day to provide calories needed and they satisfy a need that can really help people stick to the plan, especially in the beginning.
I agree with what you are saying. I try to limit the brownie to twice a week. For some reason it has become my Saturday and Sunday morning treat with my coffee!! I look forward to it! Although, if I did want to eat it every day I would see how it worked out for me.

Last edited by Kellyc14; 10-20-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #33  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I have weigh-in today . . . then it's normal crap around the house . . . our fridge was leaking, so we had to put a dehumidifier under the house to dry it out. I get to load that bad boy back in the truck and return to Home Depot -- we rented it. Then I need to figure out if I want to repair the water valve in the current fridge or move it to the garage and get me a new one (I really want a new one).
We've just had the exact same thing, with the valve in the freezer section when it auto-defrosts (apparently this is a common problem with the freezer-drawer-on-the-bottom fridges, too). If you want a new one, make a good case for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
I had WI and I am down another 3lbs!!! Feels great, that's 12.5lbs in three weeks My MIL commented on it last night at supper, she could see it in my face, wahoo!!
Nice, that's 3 more gone on the journey! Glad someone is noticing the changes, it's great to have some positive feedback to keep you motivated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharmony View Post
I'd just like to thank all those who post suggestions, recipes and answer the many questions we all throw out there!!
Here, Here. A massive vote of thanks from me to all our veterans, too! You guys rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
I had a great weekend! Had to travel 3 hours in the car Saturday to visit a college for my daughter. Drank my IP choc shake before I left at 5am then when we arrived they provided breakfast, nothing for me so I ate a bar. Lunch was provided and it was chicken fajitas so I ate the chicken, piled my plate with lettuce, jalapenos and salsa and that was fine, filled me up. On the way home drove thru Whataburger for my daughter & her friend, I ate another bar then had my meal when I arrived home. So glad I stayed on plan even with all that tempting food. Feels good to see the number on the scale continue to go down. WI tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!
Way to go in the face of all temptation. That's what I call willpower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post

TOM was two weeks late and decided to show up yesterday! Hopefully that means I have a decent drop at my WI on Friday!!

This is the first time TOM was late or early or otherwise for me since starting this diet back in June. I guess the fat that I've been burning has been seriously hormone laced.
Hehe, I'm having issues with ToM, too. It increases the length of time between cycles, but reduced the amount of "flow", so gain all round for me. Long may it continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post

Just had my WI and I can now officially say I have lost 30lbs! I also was measured - my center measures once a month - and I have lost a total of 32 inches.
What a wonderful lot of inches to drop. Congrats on the 30!

Quote:
I just had my WI . . . down 3 lbs, for a total of 13 lbs. While I was hoping for at least 5, I'll take the 3.

Today I will be having my last restricted IP Packet . . . so hopefully, that will make a change. I'm also making an appointment to have my thyroid checked. After meeting with my radiologist on Friday and realizing that they did zap it during my treatment and that doing so *could* cause it to not function properly . . .I just think it would be wise to have it checked for my piece of mind.
Good plan! Grats on the 3 down. I don't eat restricteds every day either - mainly because I actually dislike the bars (they taste chalky) and the wafers are sickly sweet. As my carbs are normally 35-38 anyway (I prefer my carbs from the veggies than the whey protein/soy) I don't panic about missing them. Have you tried the Chocolate Soy Puffs? They are evening TV nibbles for me, when I do fancy a supper treat!

Quote:
So I have a question . . . I see several saying their "center". Do those of you going to a "center" is it set up like a Jenny Craig type location?

Mine is through a Chiropractor's office . . . and while I'm happy there, I'm just wondering if it's just a way for him to make a little $$ outside of his practice. It sounds like those going to a "center" have more coaching and one-on-one.
If you look at the IP site itself, any medical professional is allowed to offer the program. I suspect that chiropractors see a lot of overweight or Type 2 diabetics and it's a useful way to nudge people into better eating practices AND helps make money to support their practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
I experienced a first....I GAINED .8lbs this week. I was 100% OP although I did have some canned tomoatoes in a venison chili and 4-8 green beans in my cauliflower fried rice. Just finishing up TOM so I'm hoping to get a woosh next week.

Just kind of stunned.
I hate ToM, always slows me right down with bloating. Fingers crossed for your "whoosh" next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post

My goofy body is doing a weird thing. Last week I got below my first goal of 150 by weighing in at 149.9 on Sat. On Sunday, I dropped to 148.3, then on Monday back up to 151.2! Dropped by small increments all week. Same thing happened this weekend. Saturday WI was 147.3 then Sunday 149.3 and today 148.6. I am looking very closely at my menus to see what it is that I am doing that could be causing this.

I am more physically active on the weekends, more walking around but not cardio type active. I get in all my water, salt, oil, etc. and am 100% OP.

Just another example of non-linear weight loss. Being so close to my next goal I am naturally impatient. I need to get over that. One of the great things this diet has taught me is patience with my body. I can't make it do what I want, when I want. Staying on course works.
Great positive outlook, you're a super example to those of us at the start of our journey who want results NOW. Fingers crossed it stabilises for you this week.

----

Did my first strength training today at the gym with hubby (after 4 years away from it). I always feel like I'm cheating using machines instead of free-form exercise, but I really need the upper body and core strength that I don't get from walking and I have a tendency to slack off doing exercises at home. Expecting to feel tired and sore later as a result, because there is no such thing as "taking it slow" in my vocabulary - once the iPod is running my thought processes are a gazillion miles from the sheer joy of moving.

Hope everyone's fired up for a great week!

Last edited by Briael; 10-20-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #34  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on the great WI's and NSV's this weekend, everyone! I've spent the last few days laid up with either a really bad cold, or allergy attack - they're so similar sometimes, I can't tell the difference

Question for everyone who experienced hair loss on this diet: Does it ever stop? Mine has been coming out en masse for the past month and I'm really getting worried. I'm on biotin supplements, plus using a biotin/collagen shampoo/conditioner and leave-in treatment. Was in the dressing room the other day and horrified to see under the overhead light how broken my whole head is. Little broken hairs everywhere.

I'm starting P2 tomorrow (got a batch of cauliflower tortillas in the oven right now!) - will this help stop the loss? I'm kind of in a panic. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Question for everyone who experienced hair loss on this diet: Does it ever stop? Mine has been coming out en masse for the past month and I'm really getting worried. I'm on biotin supplements, plus using a biotin/collagen shampoo/conditioner and leave-in treatment. Was in the dressing room the other day and horrified to see under the overhead light how broken my whole head is. Little broken hairs everywhere.

I'm starting P2 tomorrow (got a batch of cauliflower tortillas in the oven right now!) - will this help stop the loss? I'm kind of in a panic. Thanks!
I, too, am experiencing hair loss...mine started falling out at the end of July, and it is STILL falling out in large amounts. I have been taking biotin supplements since starting IP in March, but they do not seem to be helping. I also use Nioxin shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in treatment, but that also does not seem to help at all. I am getting close to goal and finding it hard to stick it out because of the hair loss. Not sure if moving to Phase 2 will have an immediate impact...you'll have to let me know! Just wanted you to know that you are not alone. Thank God I started with thick hair. I have lost about 60% of the thickness and it's pretty noticeable in the front.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Regarding hair loss...

It's VERY normal in a ketogenic diet. There was a great article posted about it a few years ago but the gist of it is this: the hormonal changes that the diet causes (ketosis & release of estrogen due to fat loss) cause your hair follicles to go dormant. So hair will fall out, but it is NOT permanent. Some have been able to minimize the hair loss by taking Biotin while on the diet, but it doesn't work the same for everyone.

The hair DOES come back, but it won't immediately stop the day you begin P2. it takes a little time for the body to work its way back to stasis, but it DOES happen. After 8 months on IP the last time, it took a few months before I could REALLY notice the baby hairs growing back, but they did!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #37  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Hey IPers!

On hair loss....mine actually didn't even START until I phased off. I think hitting 40lbs lost was marking point. It is still falling out 2 months later....but i DO see new growth in the front. It is not because of IP specifically, but the body's reaction to extreme weight loss. I lost hair with both of my pregnancies also (I had hyperemisis...extreme morning sickness). I just keep reminding myself it WILL come back. Once it starts, there's not much to do since the process has to play itself out.

WTG on everyone's progress!!!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #38  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Regarding hair loss...

It's VERY normal in a ketogenic diet. There was a great article posted about it a few years ago but the gist of it is this: the hormonal changes that the diet causes (ketosis & release of estrogen due to fat loss) cause your hair follicles to go dormant. So hair will fall out, but it is NOT permanent. Some have been able to minimize the hair loss by taking Biotin while on the diet, but it doesn't work the same for everyone.

The hair DOES come back, but it won't immediately stop the day you begin P2. it takes a little time for the body to work its way back to stasis, but it DOES happen. After 8 months on IP the last time, it took a few months before I could REALLY notice the baby hairs growing back, but they did!
Haha....Scorbett we posted at the same time...great minds think alike?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #39  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Haha....Scorbett we posted at the same time...great minds think alike?
Yes they do!
Old 10-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #40  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
There shouldn't be a problem with eating the brownie every day. You are allowed a restricted every day.

The Chocolate Raspberry Bar is the only item that I see on the list that is super restricted.

*** Chocolate Raspberry Bar - R

No more than one *R (restricted) item allowed per day
* * Items are allowed no more than twice per week
*** Items are allowed no more than once a week
^^ Dinner replacements (count as 8 oz protein)

The above information can be found on the IP order form.
IP order form? Where can I find that?

Andi

Old 10-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #41  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
IP order form? Where can I find that?

Andi

Many clinics use an order form when having clients choose products to buy. When I FIRST started IP I was going thru a clinic (before going rogue on alternatives!) and my coach had given me a stack of order forms, so that I could have it filled out with what I wanted to buy when I got to my check-in.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

"I don't eat restricteds every day either - mainly because I actually dislike the bars (they taste chalky) and the wafers are sickly sweet. As my carbs are normally 35-38 anyway (I prefer my carbs from the veggies than the whey protein/soy) I don't panic about missing them. Have you tried the Chocolate Soy Puffs? They are evening TV nibbles for me, when I do fancy a supper treat! "

I actually don't eat a restricted most days either. I prefer to eat brussel sprouts, green bean, or cooked onions and some extra fat (cheese.) 90%ers received some backlash a few months ago, so I try not to mention things like that on the daily chat. I know I have made slight alterations to the plan that might be causing my losses to be a bit slower and I don't want to lead others down a slope that might be slippery for them.

I was stressing the restricteds to Pinky because her first post suggested that she is trying to increase losses by reducing her calories even further than the plan already has. She is already doing great. But it seems like she is trying to push the plan to go faster than her body wants to and I would hate slower losses to discourage her and push her away from IP.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #43  

I actually have decided to phase off a couple of pounds short of my goal. Hair loss has become an issue and not worth it to me. I start phase 3 Wednesday. It took me a while to come to this decision and I am finally comfortable with it. Good luck to you.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
I experienced a first....I GAINED .8lbs this week. I was 100% OP although I did have some canned tomoatoes in a venison chili and 4-8 green beans in my cauliflower fried rice. Just finishing up TOM so I'm hoping to get a woosh next week.

Just kind of stunned.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!
You'll probably have a woosh in a week or two. As long as you are OP, all is fine.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #45  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
So I have a question . . . I see several saying their "center". Do those of you going to a "center" is it set up like a Jenny Craig type location?

Mine is through a Chiropractor's office . . . and while I'm happy there, I'm just wondering if it's just a way for him to make a little $$ outside of his practice. It sounds like those going to a "center" have more coaching and one-on-one.
Hi
My clinic is next to the human resources department. The doctor owns the building and has three other IP centers 22 physical therapy offices and a number of chiropractors offices. He believes sooooo much in you are what you eat.

I just started tennis lessons nobody there knows I used to be 85 pounds heavier. I never could have been able to even try tennis last February .

I only have restricted products on the weekends as a treat. I have the same things during the week. I practice the Kiss method. Keep it super simple.
Have a great day everyone .
Closed Thread