Old 10-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Regarding packets you don't like - a few years ago we actually had a packet exchange going on this forum - people would post what they had and folks could trade among themselves. It might be worth resurrecting that practice if there are a lot of people who don't have that option through their clinics!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Back when I first started IP (2011) my clinic was able to sell me individual packets as long as I bought them in groups of 7. Later, corporate said not to do that because it was illegal here in the US to sell those individual packets since they didn't list the ingredients on the outside of each packet. Any clinic that doesn't abide by that ruling could be fined heavily (& maybe even legally prosecuted) and corporate could run into legal issues too. So don't give your coach a hard time for not agreeing to sell you the packets individually. She is only following the law.

My clinic never used any of the fancy scales because they are notoriously inaccurate. Consumer Reports tested a bunch of them and found inaccuracy was a big issue with all the scales. The scales and a measuring tape is all you really need. And they can use the more detailed scales every 4 weeks to see "trends" of how you are doing.

There are tons of recipes out there to use up those un-liked packets. I used most of the soup recipes to make flat breads of all sorts.

It sounds like you are doing very well with your weightloss so far in-spite of your coach issues, so keep up the great work!

Last edited by galpal445; 10-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #18  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

The last time I visited my clinic was August 29. The "coach" never took measurements. I did weigh weekly on their body composition scale, but that was it. I started IP July 11, but didn't start receiving the emails til several weeks later. I was only allowed to buy whole boxes of product, and boy did they push the products. The last straw for me was during my last two visits, she was really pushing me to buy their B12 shots (at $50 a pop). The first time I told them, "Not this time." The second time, she tried adding a little guilt in there.

I still receive the daily emails. But, I haven't heard a single word from them (i.e. no phone calls, nothing).

Now I am all alternatives and this wonderful website.

Thank you ladies (and gentlemen) for all the posts, funny stories, venting, and general pick-me-ups.

Y'all have a great day!
Pebbles1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #19  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Pinky2012, I too dislike the foam from shaken the Chicken Noodle soup!! Now I just stir it and it's not as bad.

One of these days when I'm low on stuff I like, I'm going to try to improve the Tomato Basil, I think the fact that it's pink doesn't help
Yep, same issue with the colour here, too! Hubby suggested liquidising the lunchtime vegetables (celery and yellow bell pepper with EVOO on that occasion) and it definitely improves both the taste and the colour if you cook it on the stove top. Unfortunately, the texture is still a little on the chalky side. Planning on adding some cracked black pepper in next time, too.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #20  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
What do you have that you're not a fan of? It could be that if you add some IP approved seasonings or prepare a slightly different way, you could use it and then not buy again.

I know for me, that's the case with the Chicken ala King Pottage (add in Sea Salt and Black Pepper and sautéed Mushrooms) and the Chicken Noodle Soup packet, I have to cook on the stove top. Well, I've found that I need to fix most things on the stove top --- I don't like the texture of it from "shaking" -- too bubbly for my liking.

Just a thought

I dont mind the soups. I really dislike the chips -- all of them and I went crazy buying all flavors in the beginning thinking I would like them. I am trying to suck it up and get thru them tho. The pudding mix, however..... Yuck. If you have any suggestions for that, I would most certainly take 'em! I have all 3 flavors and not a fan on any of them.
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
The last time I visited my clinic was August 29. The "coach" never took measurements. I did weigh weekly on their body composition scale, but that was it. I started IP July 11, but didn't start receiving the emails til several weeks later. I was only allowed to buy whole boxes of product, and boy did they push the products. The last straw for me was during my last two visits, she was really pushing me to buy their B12 shots (at $50 a pop). The first time I told them, "Not this time." The second time, she tried adding a little guilt in there.

I still receive the daily emails. But, I haven't heard a single word from them (i.e. no phone calls, nothing).

Now I am all alternatives and this wonderful website.

Thank you ladies (and gentlemen) for all the posts, funny stories, venting, and general pick-me-ups.

Y'all have a great day!

Pebbles. I'm so sorry you got treatment like that! But congrats! You sound like you are doing great despite it! Way to overcome!

Last edited by Snozzeberries; 10-20-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #22  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Pinky2012, I too dislike the foam from shaken the Chicken Noodle soup!! Now I just stir it and it's not as bad.

One of these days when I'm low on stuff I like, I'm going to try to improve the Tomato Basil, I think the fact that it's pink doesn't help
I add w red pepper purée and cracked black pepper. Fixes the colour and flavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozzeberries View Post
I dont mind the soups. I really dislike the chips -- all of them and I went crazy buying all flavors in the beginning thinking I would like them. I am trying to suck it up and get thru them tho. The pudding mix, however..... Yuck. If you have any suggestions for that, I would most certainly take 'em! I have all 3 flavors and not a fan on any of them.
Make waffles with the pudding. I also saw a recipe where you mix the pudding and crispy cereal pack and the freeze it to make "fudge"

I was never weighed on a special scale. My coach has never done IP. I bought a ton of extra boxes for variety and have lots of things I don't like. I started to buy alts to give me cheaper choices. My clinic doesn't like a lot of inventory so there were times there was nothing I wanted and I had to insist they order certain things I wanted to try. The videos is what kept me on IP instead of going to all Alts. I can still see all my phases.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozzeberries View Post
The puddings make really good waffles. Add 1 egg, 3/8 tsp baking powder, dash salt, and enough water to make it look like regular waffle batter. Cooking waffle iron as usual.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #24  

Wow. That sounds really good! Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I never had any luck making pancakes /waffles with the pudding but I don't think I did it right. Anyhow, I got the Dark Chocolate pudding and added a ton of cinnamon to it and sometimes chili powder, vanilla, and some of the salt to make Aztec xocolatl, lol. Not the best I've ever had but at least it wasn't too sweet that way (I've always liked the 90%+ Lindt bars though.) I've had the lemon pudding with a extra packet of True Lemon (crystallized pure lemon juice) which made it tangier.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #26  

I would love to join a clinic. But if I pay the 400 dollars up front fee Shouldn't I be allowed to go for my weigh ins and use mostly alternative products maybe just by 1 box a week from the clinic? Has anyone did anything like that? Thank you
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
I would love to join a clinic. But if I pay the 400 dollars up front fee Shouldn't I be allowed to go for my weigh ins and use mostly alternative products maybe just by 1 box a week from the clinic? Has anyone did anything like that? Thank you
The thing to remember is that clinics are a business. They make their money selling you IP product, so if you aren't buying their products you aren't providing income for the clinic. Your startup fee usually includes your first week of IP food, which is about $200 of your startup fee. Clinic coaches will also tell you that if you're using alternatives, they aren't trained to understand other companies' products so if anything isn't working they can't help you as thoroughly as they could if you are exclusively on IP. (That's an argument I don't necessarily buy into, but it's a common one).

There have been some coaches that have been OK with clients using alternatives and IP products and still providing them with coaching, but it's rare. Since it's their business, they have a right to refuse to coach if you aren't doing the IP program 100% on IP products.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote