Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #331  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Does anyone else find that challenging on reset days?
I do. I have end up having more of a mix of phases: P3 breakfast, P1 lunch, snacks and dinner. Or a solid P1 day but with two restricted bars instead of just one. So far it hasn't backfired but we'll see. I also think I rely a little too heavily on the uneaten exercise calories earned during the week. Need to watch that too.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #332  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I have been pushing the limits lately with fun weekends instead of just a fun day. P1 on Mondays and lower carb throughout the week have been enough to keep me in my range. I'm still not following the ratios. I can manage it in a meal but then my snack choices mess it all up and I just get frustrated.

I actually haven't found my reset days difficult although I usually end up with a handful of nuts by the end of the day. Those mornings feel so much more relaxed to me and I'm rarely hungry on that day.

I have set my scream weight at 5 pounds above where I ended P4 (my original goal weight before I continued to lose phasing off) however I have sometimes ended up lower than that weight too, so essentially I'm giving myself a ten pound swing.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #333  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Jenny, my coach gave me a sheet today with sample meal plans for P1 days that don't use IP (or alt, if you're using them) products. Did you get something similar? Would that be helpful for me to share? Maybe doing whole foods would make it easier than having to stick to the protein products.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #334  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

PishPosh - I'd LOVE to see that sheet if you care to share. I had my first "fun" day this weekend, accidentally. We were out to lunch (salad topped with protein, no croutons or tomatoes - still crazy high in calories when I looked it up!) and they didn't cook my mother's burger properly so they gave us a free apple crisp. Oh. My. God. It was amazing. It's been so long since I had a dessert I almost forgot what they taste like. Really hoping it hasn't opened some flood gates... Anyways, I did a P1 day and was back down to my goal weight right away - but then I bumped up again, even though I was under on calories and macros. Weird. From reading these threads, I know weight can be funny like that, so I'm just logging everything in MFP to see the overall trend. I was starving that P1 day by the end, so I'd love to get some whole food alternatives for those days!

Last edited by darthkitten; 11-25-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Pishposh - I would love the sheet thank you! I never figured out alternatives, always seemed so overwhelming.

chip - sounds like your doing well staying in your range.

Good to know others find reset days a bit of a struggle.

Gotta go, daughter anxiously waiting for iPad

Have a good day
Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #336  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Jenny38 - the scale is an inanimate object that gives you information. It is not an evil torture device (well, mine may be possessed but that's a different story). Don't let it make or break your day. That said, I tend to do the same thing - curse it when it's up even if I know it's going to be up. Like you, my rational self knows it's not really fat and will be gone in a couple of days but my "I'm going to get fat again!" self has a different opinion.

I'm thinking of weaning myself off daily weighing - maybe start with every other day and see how it goes. I really try to look at it as just information but I've noticed if the scale says I've gained 3 pounds overnight (which I did not) it kind of colors my mood. May try it starting in January - I want the daily weighing over the holidays just to help keep me in check.

Hawaii69 - I do the same as you pretty much, lower my carbs and increase my water if I go need to. Not as strict as doing a P1 day - more like a P3ish.

tyranny - I do the same thing with uneaten calories. Hasn't backfired yet but I worry it might. Guess the worry keeps me somewhat in check (I hope).

ChipnDip - I don't count snacks in my carb/fat ratio - it would get way too complicated. I figure if it's eaten within an hour of the meal it's part of the meal and otherwise it's not.

I gave myself a 4 lbs up as a scream weight. I don't much care if I lose another few pounds (although not trying) but don't want to let it get out of hand. You're taller than I am and we all carry weight differently so you are lucky and get extra before screaming!

pishposhappelsauce - Please do share the sheets!

darthkitten - yeah, the scale doesn't always do what we think it should. There's been days I swear I should have been up and not been and days I think I should be down and am not. But, overall my graph looks like kind of short stairs in a fun house so I'm happy.

Got everything for Thanksgiving and am looking forward to the quiet for a few days. Really tried to make it so I don't have to stop at the store tonight - we'll see at 5 how I did!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #337  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thankgiving eve! Dreary day here in Baltimore, supposed to get an inch of snow. Can't wait to snuggle up with a fire tonight and a nice glass of wine.

I won't have access to a scanner until Monday, so I typed up a quick version of that sheet my coach gave me. These are Phase 1 days for maintainers only if you're just doing one quick low carb day to offset the fun day and you don't have or don't want to use IP products. I don't think this is official protocol, just something my clinic does. There aren't exact weights or measurements for a lot of the options but I think this is just meant to be a guide and you can use your best judgement on how much to each. Hope this helps. She gave me some other sheets too that might be helpful to new maintainers, but I'll post them later when I can just scan them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maintainer Phase 1 Days.pdf (36.3 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 11-26-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:59 AM   #338  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Posh, great attachment document, btw! That's pretty well what I do for my day after funday/reboot time. It's pretty well P2 and I sometimes do alternative plan for diabetics P2 instead. I don't use the nuts though as a snack. I use protein if I can, generally a Vega or Garden of Life vegan protein shake. Other than that, we don't really need to use the full day of IP products for a 'day after', I think they just want to keep getting money off us, lol.
I went for my second weigh in with the new coach and she goes through the 'maintenance' questions with me... answer to one of them was people who are most successful keeping it off also use a meal replacement regularly, I spoke up and said that's so not necessary, just a way to get more money and laughed. I think I upset her (she's fairly new and not too aware of the realities of maintenance and has never seen the P4 videos either). I think they are pushing her to do the BCA machine every time too, lol. Also so not necessary, hahahah!

Liana
Old 11-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #339  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I haven't heard a word from my coach since I hit maintenance! No mention of future meetings at my last appointment. I still have to see my doctor though so I'm sure she will keep me in check.

I am still using my IP on reset days because I have some left. It is also familiar. I'm afraid to buy other protein powders since some are gross
Old 11-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #340  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks for the sheet pishposh! Great info!

Liana - My coach has never even suggested the meal replacements and I haven't bought anything from her in months. I go in once a month for a weigh in and get measured. She says I'm doing great and to keep it up. Then again, I've been blessed with a super coach who is knowledgeable and knows a lot about nutrition and weight loss apart from IP.

Looking forward to the quiet holiday although I am going to miss seeing my family. We don't get together as often as I would like. We're thinking maybe we can get everyone together for New Years, it's just hard to coordinate everyone's schedule.

Hope everyone here in the US has a wonderful Thanksgiving and those of you who aren't celebrating have a great day too!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #341  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi ladies,

I have been missing in action due to more trips back to see my mom and too much stress in too many areas.

I finally had to let go of the guilt of not being able to care for my mom who is thousands of miles away.

The good news is that I am still maintaining and following my habits.
I had an early Thanksgiving meal and am only one pound up. This is still in my range.

I am glad everyone is doing well with maintenance. Hopefully I will post more when my life settles down.

Have a good day of gratitude today everyone!
Old 11-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Maile; Sorry you have had so much stress! But, am glad that all is going well as far as maintenance and while you are dealing with so much. Good for you!

Ruth Ann; I agree with you about trying not to weigh daily. I too have been thinking the same thing lately as it plays on our minds even if we are up due to water retention and we know it. Not panicking will take some time. And its great that you have such a knowledgeable coach. I haven't been in contact much with mine since I started maintenance but she was excellent and very real as far as answering any questions that I had. She never pushed their products at all.

Pishposh; Haven't had time to look over the sheets but plan to. Thanks for sharing.

Liana:Yes, its good to recognize if we truly need to be on the IP products or not. I haven't been at all since I went into maintenance except when I went into my reboot for a couple weeks.

Chip: sounds like you are doing well. My weight range is similar to yours. Right now I am happy with where I'm at. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to lose another 5lbs but not worrying about it.

Hi Tyranny and Darthkitten, Eve, Jenny and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Its been a good week of exercise and eating. I'm working at getting more vegies in but the scale is good and I feel like I am toning. For me, this plan taught me that my portions don't need to be so large. I have realized that I don't need a big plate of food to feel satisfied and my tummy thanks me for that! hee hee I feel so much better when I eat the right food but also the right amount.

We are in full blown winter and I believe its hitting many places right now. But, we deal with each day that comes and bundle! Have a great day!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy thanksgiving my American friends!

Heading out for a run but will check in and respond later this evening.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Greetings all you maintainers!!
Good to see you are doing well maintenancewise, Maile! I totally hear you on the parent health thing - it's pretty tough when they are so far away, although I'm not finding it too easy when they live 5 houses down either. to you!
Re: coaching check in... I just make an appointment for a 'check in' every couple of months although I will probably only have a couple more, one in early Jan and one in early March - anniversary of maintenance. Any one who wants to should be able to at their clinic... that's what was suggested in the videos and maintenance sheets, just to keep things in view and not get sidetracked. I like the broccoli cheddar soup packets but a friend gave me all of hers so I won't buy any for quite a while. It makes a nice savoury change from alt bars and vegan protein smoothies.
I'm thinking of joining the new challenge for the 'holidays' that Lisa is setting up this long US weekend just to dump the extra 4 lbs that seems to be sitting there and keeping it off. I think I might go back and look at my MFP menus from June/July as that was when I was my lightest to see what the difference is in my menus and exercise.

Liana
Old 11-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #345  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Today has been low on veggies and high on pie for me. I'm thankful for all the pre-excess exercise I logged as well as advance thanks for tomorrow's P1 day. Cheers to all!
Closed Thread