Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good Morning Ladies,

Slip - I agree 2 phase 1 days makes me cranky to. I guess a good motivator to only have "so much fun". I will be interesting how the reboot goes?

Ruth Ann- How are you ? Hope you are finding some time for fun and not working too hard.

Westwillow - Great work on your exercise, those hills will be great and run walking is awesome. My coach was saying that people can qualify for the Boston Marathon doing 10 minute run one minute walking.
I am continueing to train and if all goes well with the Winter running -not sure how my lungs will do with the cold and it may trigger my asthma, but hope to do a 30km Around the Bay Race in Hamilton the End of March. Apparently the last 10km are all hills

Hawaii - Are you running outside? Your exercise regime is great.
This group is fit!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week
Old 11-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Good Morning Ladies,

Slip - I agree 2 phase 1 days makes me cranky to. I guess a good motivator to only have "so much fun". I will be interesting how the reboot goes?

Ruth Ann- How are you ? Hope you are finding some time for fun and not working too hard.

Westwillow - Great work on your exercise, those hills will be great and run walking is awesome. My coach was saying that people can qualify for the Boston Marathon doing 10 minute run one minute walking.
I am continueing to train and if all goes well with the Winter running -not sure how my lungs will do with the cold and it may trigger my asthma, but hope to do a 30km Around the Bay Race in Hamilton the End of March. Apparently the last 10km are all hills

Hawaii - Are you running outside? Your exercise regime is great.
This group is fit!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week
Hey Jenny;
No, not running outside cause its in the -20C's this week but might try if I can find a good cleared trail,suppose to warm up next week! Its funny you mention the run 10min and walk 1 min program. Thats how I run especially if I feel my knee tightening up, gives a bit of recovery too. I was able to run pretty well straight through the last time I was doing my long runs so I was happy about that. My goal is to run without breaking but pay attention to how I'm feeling.

Slip: Yes, sugar is from the devil! And I am working hard at avoiding it most of the time except on my free day.

Westwillow; sounds like a great schedule for exercise! You will feel so great!

Hi Ruth Ann!! Hope you are well and hi to everyone one else out there!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #213  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I think I'm the exercise-slacker of this group!!!! I admire everyone's get up and go.......I am still working to get into a good routine with exercise. But, I have been finding that my youtube Zumba is getting a bit too easy, which means I need to up the ante a little. Darn....just when I was getting the hang of it! My 4 year old daughter walks around singing all the latin songs she hears and shaking her little hips....too funny!

We do have a treadmill in our basement - need to dust that puppy off and get some more cardio going. I think the only time I will realistically be able to fit a walk/run in would be before kids wake up in the morning. My hubby leaves for work VERY early, so I don't have a chance to go to the gym or out for a run then. I do like my sleep, but I can't have my cake and eat it too (ha! FOR REAL!!!!).

I am trying to get everything in order for my upcoming vacation to Colorado. The good news is we will be doing swimming daily.....so I plan to get a nice work-out in. I need to get myself a bathing suit that fits though.....I only have my saggy old size 12. Problem I am finding, though, is that I really need a suit that STILL gives me the support I need despite wearing a smaller size. Any suggestions on sites or brands of suits?

Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

Westwillow, we were off yesterday too. My store of homegrown tomatoes will be gone this week They were delightful this year.

Jenny and Hawaii- keeping today a Phase 3 day. You are right about limiting the fun! A combo of stress, TOM and sugar got to me last weekend. Really reigning in any sugar during the week.
Eve, I bought my bathing suit from bare necessities. I am still a 32 dd and def. need some support

Liana, how are you feeling today?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Feeling better, Slip, even though tired (not enough sleep after getting home at 4:30 this morning). Wild mood swings - maybe menopause starting, coupled with massive stress , sleep issues, etc. Just taking it one day at a time...
Land's End makes some really classic sorts of swimsuits in all sizes with sewn in soft cup bras for one pieces or tankinis if that is your swim style. It's actually easier to get a two piece bikini with lots of bust support than a one piece. But it depends on your comfort level, lol.
None of these are cheap and unfortunately resort wear this time of year is high season. The land's end will last for many seasons though. And they are totally guaranteed and are 'tug-free' so no crawling up your butt.
http://www.landsend.com/shop/womens-.../N-fxm?Nrpp=24

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-12-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:31 AM   #216  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Evening, Ladies

Jenny & Hawaii - my hat is off to you women who run in the cold! Bravo! On our Wet Coast we are more sodden than cold. Slippery leaves are the big concern this time of year. Trails are great, though, aren't they?

Jenny - I did not know that about the Boston Marathon. Probably still too rich for my blood, but good to know that run-walking is so accepted - thanks for that. A friend walked the Hamilton course last year & said it is a nice one - lovely reclamation around the harbour - hope you like it!

Eve - sounds like you are ready for that treadmill. Not as much fun for your daughter, though - love the image

Slip - you are really sticking to your plan - go after those up-pounds - they will melt under your determination.

Bathing suits can be such an issue after losing weight, eh? I was so self-conscious looking for one in August. Liana - I am nowhere near ready to wear a bikini!!! I assumed 2 pieces would provide a better fit, but ended up with a 1-piece after going shopping at a swimwear store attached to our local pool. It's a TYR brand & is polyester rather than lycra - a consideration if you expect to be in any chlorine. Stretched out lycra disintegrates pretty quickly with pool use. Polyester has less give, but more support & definitely lasts longer. (My kids swam competitively for years) It was good to have help from people who knew their stuff - like getting a good bra fitting - lol.

Tomorrow is walk-to-work day, with backpack & lunch - like setting off for school Cold for our coast, but nothing like Hawaii's -20. At least when it is cold here, the clouds go & we can see sky

Hi Ruth Ann - hope all is well with you.

Wishing you all a great Thursday.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #217  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Morning all: I'm really struggling...which I noticed means I read but don't post. I was so so strict on phase 1 and it worked marvelously. Then maintenance was great for a long while too. I only loosely understood the rules but seemed to be able to sort out staying at goal.
Then ... I just don't know what the exact tipping point has been. I think my very beer and meat potatoes heavy vacation (Oktoberfest in Munich) and coming back and not getting back into everyday eating (it was TOM)... Has led to every day saying "today's the day I turn it around". Only I haven't. (Which is eerily familiar) Each day starts well but ends badly. Not so bad that I feel like I've had a well-earned indulgence, but enough that it means I'm not doing it right (an extra bar, a tsp of almond butter, a cheese stick after what was a good p1day). It's making me cranky and the up pounds aren't going anywhere for obvious reasons. I think I need to go to a clinic and go into full strict accountable p1. It worked well for me before to have that weekly conversation. Loosey goosey worked for a while on maintenance but now it isn't.
Disappointed to go home for thanksgiving and be 'up' and be 'the one on the diet again'. But, I suppose that's better than the alternative. I've read lots of inspiring posts - how maintenance is hard for all. It helps. Just hard to go from so much success to this. I'm spiraling a little - feeling like 'omg, I'm going to gain it all back and be THAT fat person forever'. I "know" it's an overreaction Bcz I do know what to do...but my confidence popped like a pin cushion.
Sorry to be a downer, but I realized part of dealing with this is 'owning' it which means I need to read and post and be honest. I worried what you'd all think of my fall from IP success...but the more I read, the more I realize we all have our issues and we support each other in the good times and bad. Thank goodness I have something I know will work...and 10-15 lbs is a lot less than 60.
Thanks for 'listening'.
Back to p1 for a while for me!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #218  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

vachinyc - First you get a

And guess what? You're human! Losing and maintaining is a learning process and you've learned that you'll have to be more vigilant in the future. You're right, better to catch it now than 60 pounds from now - good for you!

Don't be so hard on yourself, it's difficult to relearn your new "normal". You'll get there, it just takes trial and error.

In some ways, I've had it kind of easy the first few months of maintaining. Dh hasn't been up to traveling or going out so I'm able to prepare pretty much all the food and it makes for less temptation to go back to old habits. I don't always do it perfectly (I've had some serious "I don't care, I'm eating it" days) but overall managed to stay where I should be.

Back to PT for me, yeah! Going to cram as many session in as we can before the end of the year since it's covered 100% (surgery eats up out of pocket really fast!). Of course, I managed to pull a muscle last week so we have to start slow, but I'm really glad to get going again.

So fun to read everyone's fitness routines and plans - inspires me to get going again!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Morning all: I'm really struggling...which I noticed means I read but don't post. I was so so strict on phase 1 and it worked marvelously. Then maintenance was great for a long while too. I only loosely understood the rules but seemed to be able to sort out staying at goal.
Then ... I just don't know what the exact tipping point has been. I think my very beer and meat potatoes heavy vacation (Oktoberfest in Munich) and coming back and not getting back into everyday eating (it was TOM)... Has led to every day saying "today's the day I turn it around". Only I haven't. (Which is eerily familiar) Each day starts well but ends badly. Not so bad that I feel like I've had a well-earned indulgence, but enough that it means I'm not doing it right (an extra bar, a tsp of almond butter, a cheese stick after what was a good p1day). It's making me cranky and the up pounds aren't going anywhere for obvious reasons. I think I need to go to a clinic and go into full strict accountable p1. It worked well for me before to have that weekly conversation. Loosey goosey worked for a while on maintenance but now it isn't.
Disappointed to go home for thanksgiving and be 'up' and be 'the one on the diet again'. But, I suppose that's better than the alternative. I've read lots of inspiring posts - how maintenance is hard for all. It helps. Just hard to go from so much success to this. I'm spiraling a little - feeling like 'omg, I'm going to gain it all back and be THAT fat person forever'. I "know" it's an overreaction Bcz I do know what to do...but my confidence popped like a pin cushion.
Sorry to be a downer, but I realized part of dealing with this is 'owning' it which means I need to read and post and be honest. I worried what you'd all think of my fall from IP success...but the more I read, the more I realize we all have our issues and we support each other in the good times and bad. Thank goodness I have something I know will work...and 10-15 lbs is a lot less than 60.
Thanks for 'listening'.
Back to p1 for a while for me!
Hey there!

I can so relate Vachinyc! I was where you are in October. And it wasn't that I had a lot of weight to lose but had that 'out of control' feeling and I panicked that the weight was going to all come back on. My clothes were feeling more tight and I needed something to get my head back on track. Like you say, everyone is different. Some can stick to those P1 days and get those up lbs off without going back on the plan totally. I had been on maintenance for about 7 months and needed a 'reboot'. So, going back on P1totally with the packets and vitamins was just what I needed. I only did it for 2 weeks then P2 for 5 days then P3 for 5 days. Now, back in maintenance, and I'm feeling so much better, in control. I got some lbs off and my clothes are feeling so much better! And you are right, working at those 10 or so lbs is a lot easier than 30lbs! And its amazing how fast they can come on when we go back to our old way of eating. You can do it!

Westwillow; I haven't ventured out running yet, but I want to do some runs on the trails this winter. Its just too cold right now. But, like you said, at least we get sunshine which we get a lot of in the north in the winter. I love having that sun! And thanks for the tip on bathing suits and the best material, didn't know that!

Eve; Sounds like you are ready to incorporate the treadmill. I like to watch tv when I run, it goes by so much more quickly if I'm watching something I ike.

Slip; I hope more of those up lbs are gone, I'm sure they are. You do so well with getting rid of those!

Liana: I hope you are feeling better today and getting some sleep!

Jenny: You are my inspiration when it comes to running! I love to hear all about the runs you go in and your maintenance continues to go so well.

Hi Ruth Ann, Chip, Maile and all you maintainers. Lets have a great day. I had zumba last night and still love it even though I have no coordination and end up laughing at myself a lot. It helps break up my exercise routine and I forget that I'm even working hard because I'm having so much fun! I will be doing a run on the treadmill today. -26C this morning! But more sunshine which is a positive!!
Old 11-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #220  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Vachinyc - Good for you! This maintenance business is such a big learning experience, and it is important to be kind to ourselves as we learn. As Ruth Ann says, you are human. Great that you caught and owned it so quickly. I let myself slide the last time and it felt so good when I was finally ready to tackle it again. But I waited much longer than you.

You will be much better prepared when yoj hit maintenance again. Keep posting!

Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Evemomma: here's a sale on for Spanx swimsuits! Still not cheap but very classy and bra sized too. You may find something in your size. Limited time offer though - ends in 5 days or whenever they sell out of your size/suit choice. You might want to take a look. I've ordered stuff from Beyond the Rack before. Everything from designer purses (ie Chanel - pre-loved for $3000 - NO I didn't order that one, lol) to cute dresses (for 9.99 - yes I ordered this) and running shoe style wedge heeled booties (3 pairs).
http://www.beyondtherack.com/event/calendar

vachinyc, hang in there! 10-15 isn't so bad although I can relate to that panicked feeling when you are up pounds. I'm still a couple above my 'happy weight' but am feeling a little less crazy about it these days. You can only stress about so much in a day, and there are more important things for me to contemplate. Just get back at 'er and remember we are here for you, so if you don't head back to the clinic, you can use us for finger shaking/hugs/whatever you need .
Posting definitely helps even if it's a crappy day.

westwillow
: "quote: I ended up with a 1-piece after going shopping at a swimwear store attached to our local pool. It's a TYR brand & is polyester rather than lycra - a consideration if you expect to be in any chlorine." When I worked at the pool and taught the aquacize classes there, we all were on a corporate account at TYR - definitely the most amazing suits and better cut on the top of the leg than Speedo. Only problem is that if you are a chesty gal, there isn't much support - they are clearly meant for slimmer, smaller-on-top swimmers even if they come in larger sizes. I think manufacturers forget that larger gals need more support, not just more fabric.

Hi Ruth Ann, Slipfree, and anyone else my peabrain has missed today. WAAH! Sorry Hawaii, and Jenny. See... I told you... peabrain, lol.
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-13-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #222  

Hello my friends,

Vachinyc- forgive yourself and move forward. None of us are "perfect" maintainers. Take it one meal at a time and give yourself credit for doing better than before.

Hawaii, I am back down to the lower part of my range. Have kept it very low carb this week with avoidance of any of the devil- sugar. Have a dinner party on Sat. that I will use for my free meal.

Ruth Ann, good to see you. Sorry to hear that you pulled a muscle. I had a "I don't care, I am eating it" this past Sun. Guess the key is not allowing this to happen often.

This school year is incredibly hard. I am so proud of myself for not diving into a pint of Ben and Jerry's nightly! I am wishing away the year, looking for each holiday because I am just so tired and exhausted at the end of each day. Today, I had 30 kids stay after to finish a project that we have been working on for 3 weeks. One of the boys went off on me in front of all the kids because he is not finished and is going to fail. This is the same kid that has not completed any of the scaffolded steps for the project- but it is all my fault. Ugh!!! Just does not feel like there is enough of "me" left at the end of the day right now.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #223  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Slipfree, hopefully you can find a way to let it all go when you get home but I know it's hard. I could never have been a teacher as I really lack patience. Although lately the adults I work with have been really pushing my buttons. I can't believe how much they complain about stupid little things. The good thing is that I'm also too busy to eat.

Dinner out tonight quickly turned in to a fun day so looks like it will be an unplanned P1 for me tomorrow.

I owe a lot of my weight loss success to finally putting myself first but disappointed in myself now in maintenance that I am back to seeing to everyone else's needs and running out of time to make my breakfast or chop veggies or even cook my dinner veggies. I still don't love veggies so I don't miss eating them but I now know better and know I need to eat them.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #224  

Thanks Chip. I think it would be easier if I did not care as much, but after 28 years of teaching I do not see that happening. They say that the next class is a bunch of sweeties. All I can do this year- is to keep trying.

As for maintenance, I do agree with you about making planning a priority. I am amazed at how much better cauliflower tastes with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese melted on top. After 3 days of Phase 1, I really appreciated it!!

I try to remember, "If you always do, what you have always done then you always get, what you always got."

We both need to take care of ourselves better.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #225  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hawaii69 - I hear you on the "panic" feeling. It doesn't even have to be many pounds, just that awful, bloated feeling and knowing that that I'm eating just to eat and not really paying attention. And the worst part is, that's when I have the hardest time getting myself motivated to start paying attention and doing something about it again. That's when I come read here and get all inspired again!

canadjineh - lovely swimsuits there. Somehow though, my thighs just aren't ready for exposure. Maybe by summer.

Sorry you're having a rough time Slipfree - kids can be brutal. Not that I was ever anything but angelic of course (although I do remember in 6th grade a bunch of us sending a teacher running from the room in tears). It sounds like you are a wonderful teacher, you must have the patience of a saint.

ChipnDip - How come it always seems to be time to do stuff for ourselves that gets sacrificed first? I'm working on that one, not easy.

Just had a change of plans for Thanksgiving. We were supposed to travel to my sister's in Oregon but that has been changed and now it's a stay at home holiday. I was looking forward to seeing everyone, but rather relieved at not having to travel - too many logistics for my brain right now.

I know I missed a bunch of people - will catch everyone later. I miss chatting with everyone!
Closed Thread