Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Pishposh- the sheet looks great, seems higher in "real" food protein but certainly low in carb and sugers. I always thought IP egg pack was equal to one egg and an egg white? Regardless I think it is a nice change from the packs. Thanks for sharing it.

Mailie- sounds like you have a lot gone on and I can't imagine the stress of looking after aging parents. I know Liana and you share this experience. Sounds like you are maintaining well thru it all.

Ruth Ann - good luck making your Thanksgiving dinner I hope you get to stay out of the store. I would consider not weighting daily, ok just getting down to once a day would be good, after I have a year under me. I still weigh myself in the night when I get up to pee and maybe a couple other times I think I just need more time to see it works. I can still tell pretty much predict what I'm going to be weight wise.

Liana - did Lisa post that challenge on the daily thread? Do you find it difficult to get the vanilla vega smoothie? I have looked in 3 stores and it is always sold out.

Chip - sounds like you have found a way to eat that works for you which is great. I routinely am grabbing a handful of almonds I keep in the car for on the way home. It helps me not snack on not good choice food before dinner.

I have been fortunate with my coach. I still see her weekly for WI and measurements, I usually buy a box twice a month. She will let me know about new products but is it pushy about it. I told her I was eating the simply bar cuz I could not afford a $4 snack, she looked it up and on line and said they were a good choice!

Tyranny - being high on pie sounds fun

Hi to Slip and Darthkitten, hope you are having a nice thanksgiving
Old 11-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I would consider not weighting daily, ok just getting down to once a day would be good, after I have a year under me. I still weigh myself in the night when I get up to pee and maybe a couple other times I think I just need more time to see it works. I can still tell pretty much predict what I'm going to be weight wise.

Liana - did Lisa post that challenge on the daily thread? Do you find it difficult to get the vanilla vega smoothie? I have looked in 3 stores and it is always sold out.
The challenge will have a thread on its own and the first post tells you how to ask for access to join the spreadsheet. I haven't done it before but just read some of the previous challenges groups have done.
I've never had the vanilla smoothie, but I know it's a favorite of others. It always seems to be available, I have trouble getting the tropic tango - seems that one is always out of stock here.
I weigh myself a couple times a week in AM, and make it a game to guess to the 10th of a pound what I weigh. Usually I'm quite close, by 2/10ths out at the most. Sometimes a good thing, sometimes not! lol
Hope the run went well, Jenny.

Liana
Old 11-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #348  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Late Night Thanksgiving to my USA girls! And Happy Thursday to my friends from the North!!!

Still here in Colorado on what has been a very challenging vacation as my son has been sick most of the time, and I have now come down with a nasty cold myself. We have found some fun in between the coughs, fevers, sneezes and SNOW. We ended up getting 33" inches of snow but have had a warm spell the last two days that made the roads finally passable.

One day, while the extended family went out snowmobiling, we did a movie day and watched several holiday movies, ate popcorn, drank hot chocolate (or coffee for me and dh), and had REAL snow cones (from freshly fallen snow) with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top.

Yesterday, my son was feeling up to swimming....so that was fun especially going in the outside pool and watching our hair freeze. My kids also played in all the snow yesterday and made a 7 foot snowman (with the help of my hubby). Today, we went snow tubing (had to cancel skiing earlier in trip) and had fun enough to forget I had such a bad cold.

My eating has been good since we've been at the condo so much. I have had a little pie each night, but still am fitting in my ratios....just going lighter on carbs at breakfast/dinner. We shall see if this strategy worked. Tomorrow is the only free day I planned for our trip (even though today was Thanksgiving, we actually just ate leftovers at home)...we are going out for gelatto in the village and to a buffet for dinner (and sleigh rides!).

I won't weigh myself when I get home on Sunday....but will do so bright and early on Monday and see how things went. Even if I'm up a few pounds, I feel really good about how I have handled myself.

Take care all and thinking of you all!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #349  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Maile - good to hear from you! I was just wondering how you were doing. Sorry you are having to deal with so much stress, it's so hard when parents are not doing well. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

But congrats on staying on track during all of it - I really think that's one of the hardest things we have to learn, that taking care of ourselves is a priority. How are we going to be helpful and caring for others if we feel like c*ap about ourselves?

Hawaii69 - I thought I would reduce my weighing starting in the new year - didn't figure the holiday season was a good time to be less vigilant! i did use some stray packets I still had around while I was recovering from surgery - easy way to get some protein in when I didn't feel like eating. But, to tell the truth, shortly after I started maintenance I gave the majority of my extra packets to a dear friend who is doing IP just because after a solid year I really didn't think I could face doing another round of P1.

I think that may be why after a day or so of higher carbs, sodium, etc. I just cut my carbs way back and drink lots of water instead of doing a strict P1 day - the thought of doing a strict P1 day is so unappealing to me. So far it's worked beautifully but if needed I can always get over myself and go back to P1.

That said, the scale was up nearly 3 lbs this a.m. but I expected that Lots of extra sodium, etc. yesterday. My niece and her friend ended up joining us for dinner at the last minute so I did a few menu adjustments (had only planned enough veggies for the 2 of us plus niece keeps kosher), which I was more than happy to do (never get enough time with her!). All in all we had a great day.

Liana - I always loved the challenges! So motivating. Wonder if we could talk Lisa into adding a little separate category for maintainers and we can challenge ourselves to maintain during the holidays. Might be good motivation for all of us. Anyone interested?

tyranny - I'm with you! A little slack in the veggie department, but I made up for it in pie. Not exactly sure why I needed that piece of pecan pie, but it tasted really good!

evemomma - sounds like you're having a blast even with the sickies going around! Sounds like you're doing good even dealing with the in-laws (which always makes me want to stick my head in a bucket of wine).

Have to do a Costco run today - at least they don't do the black Friday thing so it should be relatively calm there.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 233/177/150

Default How to Maintain

Ok, I've been doing this since 5/29/13....I've lost 83#.
I got to phase 4 and gained 15 (not cool).
I went back on phase 1 and have lost 8 but I can't (financially) stay on this phase forever.

How can I stay in the phase 1 style without actually doing the program ($90 per week)?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Link to the new 'challenge' to Jan 1. This will work for maintaining as well. Join in anybody, for maintenance during holidays.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-jan-1-a.html

Big thanks to Lisa who knows how to set these up and pretty well organizes the show, lol. I'm joining today and have reset my MFP to lose .5 lbs a week - even if I don't follow the calories exactly it will keep a bit of control uppermost in my mind.

Liana
Old 11-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving! Have some UP pounds to deal with, but it was worth it. Actually ate much less than other years. Putting the tree up today. Of course, I can not locate one box or ornaments!!!

Eve- glad that you are making the best of a stressful holiday.

Ruth Ann- how nice that your niece was able to spend Thanksgiving with you. I am with you on a low carb couple of days,

Hawaii, I think that weighing is a personal choice. I need every day right now to keep me in line. Sugar has been calling my name more frequently than I would like.

Maile, so sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much stress and concern, :hugs:

Tyranny, the pie was great! Pumpkin for me.

Liana, not loving the info/message that you are getting from the new coach. Good thing you know your stuff!
Old 11-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #353  

Happy Saturday,

Thanks Liana for posting the link. I may join to help maintain over the holidays.

Eve - glad everyone is starting to feel better and get outside. The tubing sounded like tons of fun. Great job with your food, you are really doing well with ratios

Ruth Ann, that is great that your niece and her friend came down for dinner.

Slip - I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving. My husband works in Buffalo so has been home for the holidays. We had turkey tonigh and I ate less but still too much desert. Low carb and water for me to today. Sugar is also my on going concern.

Thursday nights run was fun, 8km in some light falling snow. Pretty but running back into the wind was cold. This morning is our long run, not sure yet how long. DH and I are going used car shopping today. We have decided to stop feeding our money pit of a van. We agree we need to do it but I think we are both grumpy at the extra $.

I guess we are going to start getting ready for the holdidays. Slip, I hope you find the ornaments.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:54 AM   #354  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Momma 3 Girls - congrats on the great losses! Take a look at the alternatives thread, tons of great ideas for using alternative products when you need P1 days.

Liana - yeah for you for jumping on the few "up" pounds! I joined the challenge too to keep me motivated to maintain during the holidays.

Slipfree - you're ambitious getting the tree up already! My decorating is planned for next weekend. I don't actually get a tree - I have a very large cat who thinks everything he can reach is fair game to play with and he can reach a lot of stuff! I have a large glass cupboard that becomes my Christmas cupboard.

Sugar is calling for me too the last couple of days - I think the Thanksgiving pie awakened the monster. I do well with small amounts but if I go overboard one day, I crave it the next. Time for me to cut way down and put the monster back in his cave.

Jenny - I'm always in awe of your runs!

Apart from a very large Costco run yesterday, I took it easy. Been working on my sleep (with little success) and am up way too early this morning again. Oh well, naps can be had!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #355  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Hi all,

I had my first fun day on Thanksgiving and it was awful. I felt sick and had a headache and dehydrated from drinking too much wine. First wine since last February. It was not fun.

Friday I could not eat till lunch and had 4 oz. of left over turkey andm leftover veggies in a soup. I split an orange wafer IP packet with DH in the afternoon with coffee. He was worse than me because he had a fun day while still in P1. For supper I had a chocolate drink and two cups of raw peppers. Lots of water and herbal tea.

I am feeling better today.

Saturday today I just had two eggs and half a cup of egg whites as scrambled eggs. I am planning on going P2 for a few days because on Friday morning I was up 2.8 pounds and want them gone. Pronto!!!

This was a learning experience. I did not eat as much as I did in 2013 on Thanksgiving but felt worse this year. I will make better choices on my fun day next time. Baby steps.

Thanks for "listening" to my tale of woe as woe is me.

Debby
Old 11-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Good morning everyone;

Just checking in and reading all of your enlightening posts. It seems that many are having a P1 day, I am too. And I can relate in not feeling great as far as digestion goes when eating too many bad carbs NotSoFat! I get very gassy, sorry if thats tmi! hee hee But, I pay the next day and am very bloated. So, today I am drinking my water, hoping to get to the gym later and eating strict! Its -36C this morning! Brrrr!! Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Not So Fat Anymore, wine does that to me too. Couple of glasses on free day, and I am sure to feel terrible the next day. Most of your UP pounds are water weight from the carbs and sodium, just eat clean until you like your scale numbers again.

Ruth Ann, had to get the decorating done while I am off school and full of energy. Too tired during the school week to get anything of consequence done. Holiday events start next Friday. Let the social whirlwind begin. Hope you get some sleep. Naps are wonderful.

Jenny, food for me has never really been a problem. I do not like pasta, rice, bread or potatoes- but sugar is my Nemesis! I have been okay, except right around TOM. Good luck finding the new car and with your run. Brrrr.

Hawaii, you are right, sugar is the devil. Winning for the past couple of days in the battle to resist. Way to cold up your way, I would never survive. I am cold all the time.

Off to IKEA today, about an hour away from home. Need to pick up some traditional Swedish food for Christmas Eve. Think I will hit Whole Foods too, love their vanilla liquid stevia for tea. Have a great day everyone. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of you navigated Turkey Day Weekend.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #358  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Hello Friends!

I am enjoying some AMAZING quiet time in a hotel as my family is running some errands around Denver before our red eye out tomorrow. Still struggling with a bad cold that I think is going to make me feel pretty awful whilst flying tomorrow.

Slipfree...Good for you for getting that tree up! My kids are ready to get ours up once we're home, and I don't know if I'll have the energy this week or not! So jealous for your Ikea and Whole Foods trip....I wish we had these nearby. Hope you get some great shopping done!

Hawaii....Looks like you need a little of your username with these cold days. Stay warm!

NotSoFatAnymore....I have found that I just metabolize alcohol differently since IP. I have only had a few drinks in total, but do not like the way it make me feel. I definitely have had to find a balance on my fun days so I don't get a "food hangover" the next day!

RuthAnn...Glad you ended up with such a nice THanksgiving. Hope you get a few extra naps in before the work week!

Jenny.....Hope you stayed warm on your runs! Good for you for getting back on cleaner eating!

Liana.....Good luck on your new holiday challenge! I saw Ruth Ann is joining you all also!

I had my first fun day on vacation yesterday....Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Gelatto (mmmmmm) and a big buffet at a ranch where we got to go on sleigh rides. Luckily, the buffet was pretty basic, so my eating wasn't terrible (1/4 baked potato), 5oz steak, salad...BUT also a pretty delish homemade apple cobbler and pumpkin spice whipped cream. I didn't do a P1 today as we've been on the road, so going to get a little dicey until we are home tomorrow AND I've done my veggie shopping. SO definitely a P1 day on Monday.

We'll see if I need to do additional days if I am up above my normal 4 lb range, but I won't even weigh until Monday since tomorrow I'm bound to still be bloated with traveling. Fingers crossed that my choice-making on vacation kept me on track!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #359  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, haven't been able to post because I was in Colonial Williamsburg this weekend to see all the Christmas decorations. Sounds like everyone has been recovering from Thanksgiving. I too felt pretty awful after my big Thanksgiving meal. Went waaaay over on calories, and yes dehydrated from the alcohol. Had a great time though. Was pretty successful with P1 Friday as I was in the car traveling to VA for a good part of it, but I did have a bite of a truffle that evening from a candy shop in the historical part. Saturday I stayed within cals, ratios were a bit messed up, but did lots and lots of walking. Today was a regular P4 day. Haven't been able to weigh myself at all to see how it all panned out. May do P1 tomorrow since I haven't been able to grocery shop or plan at all. This week will be a whirlwind - meetings every day, activities every night and company holiday party on Friday. Can I just hibernate now?

evemomma, good for you staying on track all through vacation! Hope you feel better soon.

Jenny New car, how exciting! Extra $ is a bummer, but hopefully you can get something you love that's worth it.

Stay warm, everyone!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #360  

Hello friends,

Sounds like everyone did well over the weekend guessing and seem to be pretty much back on track. I think it is my TOM so P1 went well until after dinner and then the I snacked and had some sweet.

The dealership had Black Friday deals on and no recently used cars so we ended up with a pretty good deal on a 2015 Santa fe and a decent trade value on our horrible van we pick it up Friday.

Eve- hope the flight home was manageable.

Pishposh - your trip sounds like fun. Did you get some good decorations?
Closed Thread