Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Are you talking about food allergies or seasonal ones? My seasonal allergies have been almost non-existent this past year. They are usually really bad. I have started to wonder if ketosis could alter how our immune system responds to allergens or it it is just the lack of a particular food in my diet.
I've noticed the same thing! I've only been on IP for a month, but normally this time of year I'd really be suffering and haven't been. I have also been wondering if the absence of diary is a contributing factor, which would make me sad, as I am already looking forward to getting back to my cheese and yogurt in maintenance.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #32  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
So, many of you who have been so supportive and have given me advice through my journey may remember that I have struggled with setting a goal the whole time I've been on IP. I have been overweight since I hit puberty. The smallest size I remember being is a size 12 and that was in high school, so I don't really have a point of reference for what my ideal weight is. I've tried calculating with the dukan diet calculator, which just seems to give me a number near my personal goal weight, so I'm not sure how much stock I put into it.

I started out on IP with a 50 pound total loss goal, and extended it to 165 when I got closer. Now when I weigh in on Tuesday I know I'm going to be within a half a pound of my 165 goal, and I feel like I'm at a cross roads. I would love to lose another 10-15 pounds. Everyone I know is saying I should phase off, I don't look like I need to lose any more, but I still feel like I have some extra fat in areas that I'd like to get off. I still have a bit of a belly pooch and there is the faint hint of love handles.

Another part of me is really ready to start phasing off. I feel ready to move into Phase 2 and that I could really use the extra calories. I'm not having cravings, but at the end of the day I wish I had more "real" protein, even though I'm eating my full 8 oz with dinner. I also keep thinking I'd really like to be in maintenance for the holidays, but I feel like that is my inner brat talking. I've made it through so many events without a drink and staying OP, why can't I do it now? I also have reservations about maintaining during the holidays. I want to do it right, and ideally without the temptations around that might push me into making every other day a fun day.

I have thought about doing an extended P2 phasing off and then in January, once the hubub of the holidays is over, either going back on Phase 1 or trying something like Whole 30 and exercising to address those problem areas.

So...mostly this is just to vent, but any advice would be appreciated. Am I being crazy? Overly hyper perhaps? Maybe this is just the pre-phase off jitters.
First of all, I agree with everyone here. You and only you know your body and the way you feel. It must be awful to be so conflicted..I hope this doesn't happen to me when I'm close to goal. And considering the way you describe your current body...still have a bit of a belly pooch and there is the faint hint of love handles, I personally think that phasing off and doing a bit of exercise will most certainly take care of those areas.

But that being said, this is what I found on --> http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-ex...al-body-weight

First you need to know your frame size and if you don't, a way to do so is this -->
(wrap your thumb and major fingers around your smallest part of your wrist)?
Small Frame = (the fingers overlap)
Medium Frame = (the fingers barely touch)
Large Frame = (the fingers don't touch)

But since I don't know this I plugged in all 3 so you can see what they say should be your "Ideal Body Weight"

Small Frame = Ideal weight range is 138 - 151.8 lbs. (62.7 - 69 kg.).
You are overweight by 16.2 lbs. (7 kg.)

Medium Frame = Ideal weight range is 148 - 162.8 lbs. (67.3 - 74 kg.).
You are marginally overweight by 5.2 lbs. (2 kg.)

Large Frame = Ideal weight range is 158 - 173.8 lbs. (71.8 - 79 kg.).
Contratulations! Your weight is ideal!

Hope this helps, good luck with everything. You've done amazingly well so far

Andi

Old 10-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #33  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow, thanks everyone for the wonderful advice and suggestions. I'm taking notes and planning to go in and talk it out with my coach tomorrow. But I think, as many have said, I'll have to just go with my gut. My gut right now is telling me to do the P2 stint to see where it gets me and go from there. Who knows what it'll tell me tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAvery View Post
I realized that I had to listen to my body & inner voice & rather than push things down for some 'cushion' extra lbs loss I will phase off & focus on a healthy maintenance.

So in a nutshell I would advise those questioning themselves about how low to go to listen to yourself and no one else - you will know when it's time
Agreed!
You will know when it is right to phase off....I kept my original goal weight and lost more as I phased off.
This is a lifetime thing....you can always go back to p1 if you are not happy with your goal weight but do not wait to phase off till you are diet fatigued...you must phase off properly while you still have momentum and continue to follow plan in maintenance!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #35  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Are you talking about food allergies or seasonal ones? My seasonal allergies have been almost non-existent this past year. They are usually really bad. I have started to wonder if ketosis could alter how our immune system responds to allergens or it it is just the lack of a particular food in my diet.
I was referring o my food allergies, but now that you mention it, I think my seasonal allergies HAVE improved. My doctors told me that they suspect I have a lot of underlying sensitivities that tests can't detect and after this diet I believe them. Very nervous about reintroducing grains and dairy in "normal" quantities going forward, which is why I'm researching paleo right now.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Made Zuchinni Spaghetti tonight for dinner. YUM
Old 10-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #37  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I like just sautéing the zucchini noodles in a little EVOO and some spices. I have a little veggie parmesan cheese that I put on top and it's oh so good.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

That sounds yummy too!!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:04 AM   #39  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Made Zuchinni Spaghetti tonight for dinner. YUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I like just sautéing the zucchini noodles in a little EVOO and some spices. I have a little veggie parmesan cheese that I put on top and it's oh so good.

I have YET to use my "Vegetti".....always nervous how to cook the zucchini lol!
I REALLY need to broaden my kitchen skills!! Thanks for the ideas!!
Closed Thread