Old 01-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #46  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

NSV...i was putting my car keys into my right pocket when all of a sudden i felt something going down my leg and then it fell out onto the pavement.

my scrub pants have gotten so loose, the waistband was sagging and what i thought was my pocket edge was actually the waistband edge!

and i had put my keys into my pants instead!! hahaha

so my keys just fell out from my leg pants!!

better tie these pants tighter now

everyone have a happy day

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-14-2015 at 09:46 AM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Rainbow- My husband snores too (I guess I do too...but that doesn't bother me lol) I found that it helps if I fall asleep before him, once I am asleep it takes a lot to wake me. If his snoring does wake me up I poke him or make a loud noise to wake him up or nudge him to make him roll over. I tried ear plugs but I didn't like the way they sounded...If that makes sense...

I'm like you I NEED my sleep. I just can't function without at least 8 hours.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #48  
maintaining since 9/2013

I FEEL for you all who are sleep-deprived due to snoring!
For the sake of your sleep and DHs' health, consider sleep apnea testing. Sleep apnea has serious long term health risks.

Rainbow Congrats on the NSV! That's the BEST feeling! The nightly bathroom trips get me too. I drink my first liter of water early am, and try to stop by 3pm. It works pretty well.

fwiw, I slept really well on my first P1 adventure, though I began to awake earlier and earlier. Now, when I reboot, same thing happens. After a fun day, I sleep like a log until a normal hour. I think hunger may be a contributing factor to night time awakening. Even on regular P4, I sleep better with a snack before bedtime
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #49  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I FEEL for you all who are sleep-deprived due to snoring!
For the sake of your sleep and DHs' health, consider sleep apnea testing. Sleep apnea has serious long term health risks.

Rainbow Congrats on the NSV! That's the BEST feeling! The nightly bathroom trips get me too. I drink my first liter of water early am, and try to stop by 3pm. It works pretty well.

fwiw, I slept really well on my first P1 adventure, though I began to awake earlier and earlier. Now, when I reboot, same thing happens. After a fun day, I sleep like a log until a normal hour. I think hunger may be a contributing factor to night time awakening. Even on regular P4, I sleep better with a snack before bedtime
I wake up earlier than usual to go to the bathroom and weigh on my home scale - always looking forward to see how the needle is behaving... same or downward is always my wish!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #50  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I wake up earlier than usual to go to the bathroom and weigh on my home scale - always looking forward to see how the needle is behaving... same or downward is always my wish!
Same here. Sometimes I forget to step on the scale before having coffee and those first oz of water....out comes the calculator to see how much I can subtract from the scale number. No matter what I tell myself about the scale being 'just a number' & focusing on fit of clothes, nothing feels quite as validating as the scale.

Last edited by mars735; 01-14-2015 at 08:04 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #51  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Hello FABULOUS ladies!

Great NSV, Rainbow.

Joysh - hope you enjoy your visit.

I have never had too much trouble with hot flashes, but have had awful night sweats - no idea why that is. They have not completely gone away, but have significantly decreased now that I am back on phase 1. A couple of weeks ago, 1 was waking up 3 - 4 times each night. Now, maybe once or twice, sometimes not at all. I do think they increased as a I got away from my fairly regimented maintenance approach and started having more carby, sugary treats...

Have been very busy at work - seems to be keeping me from thinking about food, so while I don't want to keep this schedule long term, I am OK with it for now. I changed jobs about 10 - 12 weeks ago, and I knew I was walking into a situation with a lot of challenges...

Hope you all have a great evening!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:17 AM   #52  
started IP 7/17/2012

Rainbow - I think this is your place! You are wonderful, even if you are not 100%.

Hope all you fabulous ladies (and guys, if any are lurking) have a great day! I took the day off, but will end up making it up over the weekend. Honestly, it's sometimes hard to get anything done at work with everyone wanting attention and help with different things... And meetings - ugh - sometimes they get in the way of doing work! So, this works for me to get in some quite time for catch up.

Going to the movies today with my daughter and a friend, so I will bring a Quest bar for my treat and stick to plan. Second week of my reboot and I am not feeling like I will lose much when I weigh on Sunday, but I've been wrong before.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Good morning, friends! Today is W3, D1 of my reboot and I'm down 6.5 pounds! I know that half of it, at least, is water weight, and that the last 5 pounds will be a s l o w go, but I'm determined.

I'm so happy - my son flew in from NYC last night. He and my DIL moved there in Oct for his job. He flew in to do some contract work over the weekend and it felt so good to walk in his room this morning to wake him up - flashback to high school days!

Have a great Friday!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #54  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to stick my head in to say "hi!" I'm new to this forum, and will start my IP journey Wednesday but until then I have been looking around here. This forum is HUGE!! No way I will ever get to all of its nooks and crannies so I'm just looking for threads where I can find ppl I have something in common with (other than losing weight).
A little something about me: 55, married going on 30 yrs, grandma of a 3 yr old princess, recently retired, went through menopause early (TG that's over with) and hubbie snores, too ( I gently pull his pillow to move his head just a bit and it works most times to stop the noise!)! Sometimes, however, I do wake up to a lot of snoring just to find out it was me.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #55  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

HI everyone and Happy New Year! It has been a while since I popped in. I work for a shipping company, so the last couple of months have been crazy busy. Gained a few pounds over the holidays, so I'm back on P1 to nip it in the bud. Overall, maintenance seems to be good. I find when I have some "treats" I get pretty bad cravings, so I watch the refined carbs. DH is back on P1 with me, because he finds that the holidays are a good excuse to eat everything. We can tend to instigate one another in these bad decisions. lol. At least we support each other right?! ha ha! So now we are back on the wagon and feeling so much better.

I see some mention of getting up at night to "go" and hubbies who snore. Mine snores, but I'm ok as long as I fall asleep before him. Once I get up to use the bathroom I have such a hard time falling back to sleep.

Oh, I tried a recipe the other night called Crack Slaw. It was so good. I just googled it and it was the first recipe that came up. I subbed non compliant ingredients. Both DH and I really liked it, and it wasn't real time consuming to make. Going to make a big batch of cauliflower tortillas this weekend. I'm craving some fish tacos!

Good to see everyone. Have a great IP day!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #56  
started IP 7/17/2012

Welcome frawniemae!!

Dak1lls - I am rebooting too - after 2+ years of maintenance. Please tell me more about the crack slaw!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
so my keys just fell out from my leg pants!!

better tie these pants tighter now

everyone have a happy day
Rainbow, How funny!! Thanks for sharing that! Great NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Just wanted to stick my head in to say "hi!" I'm new to this forum, and will start my IP journey Wednesday but until then I have been looking around here. This forum is HUGE!!
Welcome!
There is so much to read through and that is really great. The more you read, the more committed you might find yourself becoming, not to mention all the highly valuable information you'll pick up. Plus you'll make some online friends over time. It's a great website on every level. Looking forward to watching your success and celebrating with you (that's what we do here).

Last edited by Blueskies2; 01-16-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Blueskies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #58  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Just wanted to stick my head in to say "hi!" I'm new to this forum, and will start my IP journey Wednesday but until then I have been looking around here. This forum is HUGE!! No way I will ever get to all of its nooks and crannies so I'm just looking for threads where I can find ppl I have something in common with (other than losing weight).
A little something about me: 55, married going on 30 yrs, grandma of a 3 yr old princess, recently retired, went through menopause early (TG that's over with) and hubbie snores, too ( I gently pull his pillow to move his head just a bit and it works most times to stop the noise!)! Sometimes, however, I do wake up to a lot of snoring just to find out it was me.
welcome!! this is a great place to be!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #59  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Welcome frawniemae!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
welcome!! this is a great place to be!
Thanks ladies! I've learned so much about IP in such a short amount of time already. I am definitely a planner and I want to be prepared when I go in Wednesday. I'm confident the program will work for me but I am skeptical when it comes to being encouraged to buy more and more of something. I hope the clinic/coach isn't too pushy. I don't really have a choice in where I can go since theirs is the only one in my area so I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:31 PM   #60  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskies2 View Post
Welcome!
Thank you, too!!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-16-2015 at 11:33 PM.