Old 09-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Well, TADA!!! Guess who's back!! Today was my first day on Ideal Protein OFFICIALLY!! Back from before having used alternatives, now I have joined a clinic and am on Ideal Protein starting over. I am scared and nervous and excited too! I found this forum to be tremendous support before so I am back here again among "friends and family".

Hi Everyone!! I'm Susan also known as Rainbowsmiles
Hi Rainbowsmiles,

Good Luck
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVChris View Post
Hello everyone... I've been on the program for about 6 weeks now and am gladly losing. Reached my 30 lb mark today. My center isn't very "good" other than selling me the food and weighing in. Counselors are rather new and seem to be very busy all time. Getting most of my info from everyone on this forum. Thanks for being there. I need all the support I can get as this journey will be my lifetime p.s that's an updated picture. People tell me they can see the loss in my face!
Hi TV Chris

I will be in the Villages for the month of March. We have rented for about 5 years. My husband will be retiring this year and Maybe??? we will buy, so we can get out of these NY Winters.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #498  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Bellamack: Hello great to see you again!!

Today was day 3 and was a good day!! The headache from yesterday seems to be subsiding and so it the fogginess of the brain! I am beginning to feel in control again.

Had the STARBUCKS Iced Venti Doppio today and added the IP vanilla ready to go drink, oh my but was it ever DELICIOUS!! Friends on the facebook page told me about it. wow, it was heavenly!!

This first week will be a short one, as I go weigh in on Wednesday, so not a full week. Just from Friday to Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a fabulous labor day!!! and a GREAT upcoming week!!

rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #499  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Does anyone know if adding an egg white to the pancake mix will make for a more 'substantial' pancake? I love having just plain pancakes, no syrup, with coffee in the morning, but would like to 'beef it up' a little to make them more filling, while still getting the great pancake taste and texture, if possible.

Last edited by 3sisters; 09-07-2015 at 09:23 AM.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #500  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Does anyone know if adding an egg white to the pancake mix will make for a more 'substantial' pancake? I love having just plain pancakes, no syrup, with coffee in the morning, but would like to 'beef it up' a little to make them more filling, while still getting the great pancake taste and texture, if possible.
That's how I make mine all the time: use 2 egg whites and a pinch of baking powder instead of adding the water. I think they turn out fluffier and more filling.

Last edited by frawniemae; 09-08-2015 at 11:03 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #501  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
That's how I make mine all the time: use 2 egg whites and a pinch of baking powder instead of adding the water. I think they turn out fluffier and more filling.
Thanks Frawniemae! Tried it before I read this so I just added one egg white as well as the water. It did make it a big more substantial! I will definitely try your way next time!

Last edited by 3sisters; 09-08-2015 at 08:30 PM.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 273/236/160

Height: 5'4"

rainbowsmiles How do I get a logon to the Ideal coaching at MyIdealProtein.com? My center doesn't seem to know anything about it. Sounds like I have some missing links that need to be found.
TVChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #503  

Bellamack: Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm also from Upstate NY prior to moving to The Villages. Let me know when you're here. Maybe we can meet in person and chat over coffee (or water!!!)
Old 09-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #504  

Does anyone know about the STARBUCKs drink that was posted somewhere recently. It had something to do with Starbucks mixed with a chocolate drink mix to make a "frappacino"??? I can't find where I saw the suggestion now. Sure sounded good though! Just don't know what I'm mixing...
Old 09-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #505  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Chris!

I opened a new thread for this group, as the other one has over 500 posts. 3fc will close it at any moment when a thread hits 500 posts. Can you repost your questions and comments on the newer "volume" of this thread? It's confusing having two places to look! Thanks! -- Sharon
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 189.6/146/135 Age 73

Height: 5'0"

WooHoo! I am progressing. But it is going slower the closer that I get to my goal. I am going to the gym and the personal trainer says that it is because I am building muscle which weighs more than fat. Must be true because at the weigh in today, the lean mass had increased and the fat mass had decreased. Anyway, I am feeling really pleased with myself today!
oma lurline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 10 Oct 2015 217

Height: 5'8"

Smile New to IP

I have been on the plan 3 weeks and am down 9 pounds and several inches. My DH is also on the plan so that helps a lot. He will reach his goal weight long before I do but at least he will understand why I am eating the way I am. I look to this site for encouragement and insight to the ups and downs of the IP protocol. Thank you everyone who shares on this site.
waystogo is offline   Reply With Quote