Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
YAY! Going to get pickle-making supplies this weekend

Had a very difficult morning today. My son is 7 1/2 and we've seen signs that he may have ADD (or some similar challenge) just like his dad, who was diagnosed as a child and again as an adult. Today was the first parent-teacher conference of the year, and it's never easy to hear that all of the strategies and efforts you apply at home aren't enough anymore. We are starting the process of getting medical evaluation, school psychology/special ed evaluations, and all the other hoops we will have to jump through to make sure he's supported at school and that we're using good strategies at home too. In the grand scheme it will be a good thing, but it weighed heavily on me this morning and I definitely could have used a curl-up with a tub of ice cream! But I ate my Proti Diet oatmeal, put a little extra splash of Vanilla RTD in my coffee, and pushed on. I think my reward at the end of Phase 1 is going to be a whole day of RELAXING somewhere dark and quiet
Good job & sorry you're dealing with this. I am having kind of a crummy day myself. It is so hard to deal with emotions when I don't use food to quiet them.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
I'm having laparoscopic surgery next week to see if I have endometriosis. I talked to the coaches at my center and they said that I should be fine staying on program before/after the surgery and to just have extra protein packets if I'm feeling a need for them. I was wondering if anyone else has had a mild surgery like this while on program and what they did with regards to the diet?

*Disclaimer: I will be talking to the doctor who will perform the surgery to get his opinion/say so on the matter. I'm just curious what others may have experienced to give me an idea of how my body may react to surgery while dieting.
I had major surgery two weeks after starting IP the first time I did it. My doctor OK'd me to keep going and I stuck with plan, taking packets to the hospital with me and having a clear menu for people taking care of me at home. I did fine and healed very well. I had a LOT of weight to lose though. So make sure to talk to your doctor to ensure he feels oK with it.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #33  

Ugh, I'm having a crummy day and also a very hungry day. Trying to listen to my body as to whether it's hunger or wanting my emotions to be quiet. Probably both but I do feel physically hungry... I'm sticking with plan though.

Send a hug, please.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #34  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Ugh, I'm having a crummy day and also a very hungry day. Trying to listen to my body as to whether it's hunger or wanting my emotions to be quiet. Probably both but I do feel physically hungry... I'm sticking with plan though.

Send a hug, please.
When I get the "hungries", or the "cravings", I always imagine that it's my body telling me "hey, you need to put some food in if you want to maintain at this size" !! So I say to myself....."nope, I don't wanna maintain, I want to get smaller.....so I'm staying on plan and NOT giving in"!

Stay focused, and you will be rewarded!!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Went on a bike ride with my boyfriend cause it was so gorgeous out! All I can say is wow I'm out of shape, my older boyfriend kicked my butt!!!! Came home and chugged a bunch of water, and ate a quest bar
Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #36  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I have been wearing my light scarves with my long sleeved dressy T's the past couple days since it is that perfect blend of bright blue skies and crispy little bite in the air (at least in the mornings). I shall have to take the bright pink knitted Ugg type boots out of the shoe shelving and just go for it now as they aren't useful in the wet. I'm not sure why I bought them (except they are seriously cute) as there is a very narrow window of opportunity to wear them, must be dry and cool, so they aren't very practical.

Liana
You need a pair of BOGS for your climate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all, I'm 20 weeks into IP and down 75 lbs. The past couple of weeks I've been feeling "eh" about the plan. Not cheating, just less emotionally/psychologically into it. My losses continue to be good despite just going to through the motions. I continue to read this forum and follow the plan. I'm curious if anyone has encountered this before and what you did.

My current plan is to power through it and assume I'll get my mojo back sometime. Thoughts?
Dieter fatigue definitely kicked in more than once for me. Cooking things a little different or finding some favourites usually helped. By the time I got to 170 and started to "massage" the plan I decided I would stick to my 160 goal weight rather than go lower. It scares me a bit because maintaining is going to be much harder than the whole weight loss journey. Sticking to plan now is good practice for you.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
You need a pair of BOGS for your climate!
Got those already! love em... they are what I'm wearing to work tonight because it started to rain, in case I get called to the construction site for a cc camera alarm. (If there is an alarm callout it's probably the cat that heads through the site to hunt every night...)

Got a phone call from my favorite vineyard/winery and I was invited to work onsite picking grapes on Friday & Saturday. I will be paid in wine, plus a fancy vineyard lunch on the tasting patio, heh heh heh! "Toss me the secateurs, please."
I'll bring my phone or camera and try to get a couple shots off. Hoping the weather is fine! (supposed to be sunny and pleasant fall temps)

Liana
Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
OMG Rayze..you are so close to your goal. You've averaged a loss of 3.75 lbs/week. And you only have 33 more lbs till goal. That's less than 9 weeks away. By the beginning of December you'll be at your goal. Wow, what an awesome Christmas gift you'll be giving yourself. A great new body, so much better health, not to mention all the wonderful new clothes you'll be wearing. Please don't get discouraged. Try doing something different to distract yourself. Like maybe picking up a new hobby. We're all in this together..you're not alone. Now pick up your chin, pull up your boot straps and continue marching forward. Don't ever look back..a brighter future is almost within your reach

Andi

Rayze- I totally agree with what Andi just typed! You're so close to your goal, and you've done amazing staying OP and have had great weight loss. Andi is right, "a brighter future is almost within reach" and just like she said, reaching your weight goal will be the best Christmas present you could ever give to yourself, and nice clothes as bonus
Old 10-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 206/190/150

Height: 5'2"

I have learned soooo much just by reading the posts. I am doing alternates. Today is day 4. So far so good!
Old 10-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 206/190/150

Height: 5'2"

I have been eating lots of broccoli and cauliflower. Gas is a bit of an issue. Does this go away as my system gets used to these dietary changes?
Old 10-02-2014, 01:10 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Kay- Broccoli is quite hard on the intestines especially if you're eating it raw. You may want to consider an alternate veggie.
Thisgirlisawake- I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you It is more than likely your emotional state that is causing you to focus on food/ hunger. It seems a very positive strategy that you are on here talking with us rather than settling yourself with food. Consider other thing that make you happy and improve your mood... Painting your nails a really bright cheery color? Reading a good book? Not sure where your interests lie but surely there is things other than food that put a smile on your face- now's the time to use them!
Rayze- google 'motivational weight loss quotes' and click on images rather than web. There's about a million of them, they're each only a couple lines long and they're ver encouraging. Be thankful. We all have much to be thankful for in our lives. When we choose to focus on those things it helps everything go so much more smoothly. You are doing so well and will undoubtedly continue to do well... Make it the happiest journey you can.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:04 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. I'm 3 weeks in and my resolve is waning! this is typical for me. I self sabotage often and my efforts get thrown to the wind. I've been trying to lose weight for ages, years! and i always end up on this merry-go-round. So, last night I left my husband to get the kids to bed and hid away and read the first 4 days of the Beck Diet Solution. I was inspired by people here to read it. I made my ARC cards and am beginning the strategies suggested in the book. I think I will be carrying a copy of those ARC cards around with me in my pocket. They are a list of reasons why I want to lose weight. I am determined to beat this self sabotage, giving in to cravings and momentary self gratification that derails me all the time. It's so disheartening. I really need to start thinking like an adult about losing weight. One of the strategies further on is to find a diet coach so no better place than the boards here (and all of you). Good luck on this journey everyone. It can be so so difficult but it is also a fantastic, wonderful experience when followed through properly. Have a good day.
Closed Thread