Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Better day today at school. Thank The Lord!

So I get to school and 3 different people tell me that they have something for me. What is it? A huge colored ad with my before and after picture that was in the local Sunday paper. Hope the picture inspires someone, because I am not very comfortable with the world seeing it!

Hawaii, way to maintain. I think the key is never to let the up pounds get out of hand. Plus weighing in even when you do not want to.

Want2b, have fun with boot camp. I have some energy tonight too. Think I might do an exercise DVD. Thanks for he motivation.

Where are the rest of you????? This is our Thin-aversary. We need all our newbies to celebrate! Kooky, Luccilove, Wine4me, Hiker, Kawaii, Jig, Steph, Sweetness, Airplane Chick, Claustin, Drl, and I am forgetting many more.

Liana, was so sad to read of your Mom's diagnosis

Schenectady, how ya doin?
Old 10-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all, Happy Thin-adversary! (mine is actually next month but I'll gladly celebrate twice ) Today I ate a part of a Lindt 90% bar for everyone.

Thanks for your kind thoughts Slip. At least with an actual diagnosis, we can get more help and possibly some strategies can be set in place and nutritional changes made according to the latest studies. One can always have hope that it will slightly reverse or at least delay further deterioration - there have been some amazing things in the real scientific studies published in just the last month or two. I am getting my info from legit sources although I do feel a nutritional approach can't hurt and the scientists seem to be coming around to that idea lately.

Glad school was a bit easier for you today and I think it's awesome about the picture.

Liana
Old 10-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #18  

Liana, you are a strong woman. I leave any sugar consumption to free meal with company, because I would devour the entire Lindt bar, especially with this PmS/ stress. I really do admire your restraint.

I also agree with your ideas on nutrition and healing our bodies. When dealing with medical issues, I believe in a total body/mind approach. Information is power and I am glad that you are finding useful and hopeful research.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Glad you had a better day. Have you had many people come up to you since you were in the paper? Be proud, it is a huge deal to lose that much weight!

Liana: thanks for eating the Lindt for us! Lol. Good thing you were not eating it in front of me, I probably would have tackled you for it. PMS sucks.

So our first night of bootcamp at home and DH bails! Lol. He got an invite to go golfing so he did that instead. I managed to do 45 minutes between taking DD#2 to skating. Not as long as the classes but I got it finished and it was tough.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #20  

Want2b- just the women that brought in the ads for me. Was not thrilled because one of them was showing it to other people. I quickly put an end to that! I agreed to the ad because losing this weight has changed my life and for that I am grateful. Grateful enough to swallow my pride/vanity and hopefully inspire someone else.

Glad you did your Bootcamp! I did not, lol. And yes, pms does suck.

Last edited by Slipfree; 10-06-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #21  

LOL, PMS is why I ate the Lindt...
Old 10-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

CHecking in with everyone.. Still on program although things here have been a little tougher since the dr's made stupid modifications to the diet. I have to eat 1200 - 1500 calories. Essentially, I'm on phase 3 which is NOT working for me. I've been at a plateau for awhile and honestly, have been a bit embarassed to admit that I'm feeling BLAH and stuck. I was doing so well, but the additional carbs (required per doc) have got me feeling all kinds of crazy, add in the craziness of hormones changing (going off birth control), and well, I've not been to nice to be around between the crankies and the weepies.

I've read through the posts, and am glad to see everyone else doing so well!! I guess in the grand scheme of things, I really shouldn't be complaining..

For my anniversary, I wanted to share some recent pictures. It helps me to remember where I started. 395.4.. in the past year, I've said bye bye to a little over 170lbs (this is why I said I need to remember I shouldn't complain!!!!!)

It really is a victory for me here, and I shouldn't get discouraged or upset, but I'm a perfectionist, and I feel like there's judgement (albeit from ME) waiting when I admit that I screwed up a few times.. I just need to own the mistakes, accept that I'm human and move on in the correct fashion, knowing that I need to stick to plan.

***hugs*** to ALL of the people whom have supported me this past year. I really truly could not have done this without each and every one of you.

Maddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 year.jpg (28.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 1 year - side.jpg (27.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 9-26-14.jpg (43.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Sue Wedding.jpg (18.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 10-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #23  

Beautiful photos Kawaii!!! I love the cruise dress!
Hang on, some have to stop and go into maintenance for a bit to regain health and take care of medical issues, but you know you will be back at 'er when your time for that comes. Eat your calories from as healthy a perspective as you can and nourish yourself emotionally too. You are doing so amazing!

Liana
Old 10-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you Liana, you just made me cry lol... Or maybe that's just hormones.. I'll get there, I know I will.. I just felt like because I was more on maintenance that I was giving up and that I would be a "failure" again... Cardiologist is still trying to figure out what's causing the low blood pressure and fainting, but it seems to have slowed down a bit once I upped calories (and some carbs). My regular doc just thinks that my body is trying to figure out its "new normal" since 170lbs in a year is drastic change..
Old 10-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

WOW Maddy, you look beautiful (in both the before and now pics!)

Take care of yourself, we're all very proud of you!
Old 10-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #26  

Kawaii: you do look amazing! Be proud of the weight you have lost, 170lbs in a year is huge! Maybe your body needs time to adjust, so maintenance may not be a bad thing. And while you are there you can figure that part out, which I have heard is just as hard to do as losing the weight. Keep plugging along, you will get there. And remember we are here for you no matter what phase you are in!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Kawaii: Wow, and I mean, Wow!! You look great! Its a struggle no matter who we are in losing then maintaining but you are an inspiration! We all have our struggles and its great to see someone do so well. You will do it!

I hope everyone is well and having some nice fall weather. We are having a beautiful day. I really need to do a run today. My eating hasn't been great this week, been invited to too many events so need to buckle down and focus on eating right. Its neverending, but so worth it!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #28  

Hawaii, you are right, maintaining is a struggle to make healthy choices for a lifetime.

Kawaii, doing the right thing for your body is the important thing.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi all:

I hope that you are all doing well. The seasons changing always make me hungry for some reason, especially in the fall. I think I feel more tired so I need to make sure I get my rest and exercise and healthy eating. Tiredness is the worst for me, then I crave carbs and not the healthy kind. I have to make sure I am eating enough protein as that is what keeps my sugars balanced and me feeling satisfied. Yesterday I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep so needless to say, was hungry all day. Some days are a white knuckle day! I am going to have a shake and jump on the treadmill this morning. I am determined to start off the day right! Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #30  

Ever have a day when you just don't care? That is me today. Last night I asked my kids to do some chores while I was out at my step class. Well they never did the chores, so that resulted in extra work for me this morning before I could go to work. I came home from work at 1 and was still not happy, while I ate lunch the can of Coke in the fridge was yelling at me to drink it. I didn't drink it, but it was a struggle. I know a year ago I would have had that Coke plus some junk to make myself feel better. Having a cup of tea and relaxing on the couch right now, hoping that puts me in a better mood.

Hope everyone's day is going well.
Closed Thread