Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 9/30/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Good morning. I haven't had a phone line since Friday, but am back online now. I haven't been feeling 100% and have had no energy, a bit light headed. I think I am maybe getting too much iron. I haven't had any spinach for a day and will not have any today, see if that brings me around. I am well past menopause, so I am not depleting iron.
Oh, one more change I have noticed since starting Ip, when I was hanging laundry on the weekend, the line was colourful, hardly any black or gray!!
WI this a.m., down 1.8 woot woot! Enjoy your day.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone....

Had to take my mom for an endoscopy this am. So was up and out early. Had my RTD vanilla first thing and have my Soy nuts in my purse for my 9am snack. Usually after a procedure we would go to breakfast at my favorite pancake place. Not today. I told her I will be dumping her at home lol. ...she is ok with it as she has been one of my biggest supporters!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Good job, Sue. I love breakfast out, so I know it was a sacrifice for you!

Not sure what to do about dinner this evening. It is open house night at DD's school, so I have a lot of running around to do from the time I leave work until the 6:30 presentation. We won't have dinner until 8:00 or so, and then it's bumping into bedtime so I can't really cook a full meal. Normally, this is a night that screams for the McDonald's drive-through. That may still have to do for DH and the kids, but I'm stuck on what I'll eat. Maybe I'll just whip up a quick omelet for dinner. I don't know. Ugh!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Very good Sue! I also love breakfast out.

Trinny, is it possible to have your P1 dinner for lunch today and maybe have one of those green shakes later at night to get the rest of your veggies in without cooking? Sometimes I do that on long work days, and an omelet is also my quick go-to meal.

This week is quite a stressful one for me, lots of work events for a conference happening later in the week, including a cocktail party on Wednesday and a dinner on Thursday. The cocktail party will be my first social thing involving alcohol and food which will surely be off plan since I started a few weeks ago. I plan to eat my snack before I go and try to get some sparkling water with lime to sip, then have a late dinner after. The dinner will be ok, since it's a buffet I'll bring my own food just in case. I think handling the stress of the week and the busy-ness, which will carry into the weekend, will be the bigger challenge, as those are moments when I would start turning to junk food for comfort. Not this time!

I did have a dream last night that I ate an entire pint of ice cream though.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #6  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
Very good Sue! I also love breakfast out.

Trinny, is it possible to have your P1 dinner for lunch today and maybe have one of those green shakes later at night to get the rest of your veggies in without cooking? Sometimes I do that on long work days, and an omelet is also my quick go-to meal.

This week is quite a stressful one for me, lots of work events for a conference happening later in the week, including a cocktail party on Wednesday and a dinner on Thursday. The cocktail party will be my first social thing involving alcohol and food which will surely be off plan since I started a few weeks ago. I plan to eat my snack before I go and try to get some sparkling water with lime to sip, then have a late dinner after. The dinner will be ok, since it's a buffet I'll bring my own food just in case. I think handling the stress of the week and the busy-ness, which will carry into the weekend, will be the bigger challenge, as those are moments when I would start turning to junk food for comfort. Not this time!

I did have a dream last night that I ate an entire pint of ice cream though.
Having a plan is half the battle, Lucy! Your plan sounds very workable. I hope your week goes well. I find it helpful to pause and just take a deep breath once in a while, check in with myself and acknowledge that I'm hungry, tired, pressured, whatever. Then I can let go of those things a bit and carry on without putting anything into my mouth. Staying well-hydrated helps me too.

I had one of those dreams too last night. I take it as a sign of being adapted to P1
Old 09-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #7  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Thank GOD that first week is overrr .. it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be but I had to go to three parties this week and caved (confessing my sins) and then felt awful after and only lost 3.3 lbs when I know I could have lost more! But I'm still HAPPY about the three I lost! Still a good start despite the setbacks!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Made it under 210!! Now to get under 200!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Sounds like a great WI day, congrats to everyone!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Made it under 210!! Now to get under 200!!!
Go, Kelly, Go!!!! You are so close to ONEDERLAND!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #11  

Ended up having a great race weekend, very tough to get all the food in. I had more problems eating everything than actually picking food! My home scale shows I'm down a couple of pounds but the clinic scale is never the same. I find out tomorrow. Several people noticed the weight loss and I received some nice compliments which helped me keep on track.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #12  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Happy Tuesday, Everybody!

Congrats on the losses, those who had WI today. I'm also a Tuesday WI and pulled a wonderful 4.2 loss (nasty scale gave me a lower reading the first time I stepped on it, but pushed me up when I set it for a full weigh in. I'm still pouting while DH laughs his head off!) so I have a grin from ear to ear!

Normally I'd object to being called a loser, but when it comes to weight I love it.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #13  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Good morning everyone! I'm back from vacation - I did pretty well staying on protocol (we stay at a beach house so I made all my own meals). My plan wasn't to worry about losing weight, I just wanted to maintain. Also brought the scale with me to keep myself in check, BUT I did take one bite of things here and there (I'm the kind of person that can stop at one bite, though). My husband and I only have two amazing meals a year - one is on our anniversary, the other is at our favorite place while we're on vacation, so I did have a cheat meal. Now that I'm doing alternatives I'm not concerned about it though, I honestly could stay in P1 or P2 forever, I think. My family was super impressed by my willpower (there's snacks and goodies EVERYWHERE at the beach house), but many of them were lusting after my Ideal Protein friendly dinners!

I've noticed recently that hair loss has hit me, big time. Losing tons in the shower and while blow drying. Was reading up on the hair loss threads and this seems pretty common at this stage, right? (I've been on IP since June). Thankfully I have a lot of hair so it's not noticeable, but it is a little alarming at first... will it stop? I have all these fuzzy short hairs at my roots too, so I suppose new stuff is growing back in?

And finally - I have some stuff taking up room in my pantry I'd love to unload. A couple boxes of Proti-Diet Smooth Caramel Crisp Peanut bars (unrestricted - they are delicious but my intestines are not a fan!), and a bunch of vitamins - a multivitamin I got from Swanson's that upsets my stomach (common problem with me, I switched to a different alternative multi), some biotin also from Swanson's, IP omegas I can't take, and some Mega Red Krill oil. If anyone is interested in this stuff, let me know and I can take a proper inventory and try to put a price on it. Would be happy to ship it to someone who could use it!

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by darthkitten; 09-30-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Happy Tuesday all, a much better weigh-in for me this week - down 5.2!!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #15  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

September 30, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check
Losing weight is so much harder when you’re not sleeping enough. Lack of sleep increases hunger and cravings and decreases the mental energy you have to overcome them. If you’re not sleeping enough, consider setting an alarm in the evening and enforcing a bedtime. Even if you don’t feel like going to bed at that time, do it anyway! And remember, sleeping burns more calories than sitting on the couch watching TV.

September 29, 2014 - Monday Motivation
One of our clients was feeling discouraged about the number of dieting mistakes she made and about whether or not she she could really learn to eat consistently. We reminded her that she now has the ability to be so much more consistent than she was when she first started, and as long as she keeps working on it, she’ll continue to improve. Making mistakes does NOT mean that you can’t do it, it just means that you’re still in the learning process. Remind yourself of the progress you’ve made, and just keep moving forward. As long as you don’t give up, you’ll continue to improve.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-30-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread