Old 09-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/248/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Re-Into

Hello! I was doing IP last spring and lost 38 pounds. I went off program for the summer and gained 20 back. I'm starting back up October 1st and am so excited. The support I received here last time was unbelievably great and I'm so happy to have this group for support. I'll be doing the program on my own because I really didn't like my coach last time and there aren't any others around my area.

My one question for you all is this: I know we really aren't supposed to exercise on this diet, but I've been doing Zumba for the past 6 weeks, 2 times per week. I absolutely love it and would like to keep doing it. Will this really negatively affect my loss? Can I eat more veggies or protein to counteract the extra exercise?

Thank you all! I'm so excited to be back and be a part of this community!
booklover811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back I'm in the same boat although with a much larger re-gain! We can do this!
this girl is awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #3  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Hi booklover!

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your coach, but it seems a common problem. Glad there are so many knowledgeable people here who can provide the answers that the IP "vendors" don't seem willing or able to.

Can't really weigh in on the zumba part, as I don't do that strenuous an activity, but I can tell you that DH recommends half a packet before a big workout and half a packet afterwards on the rare days when I overdo the walking pace (sometimes it's hard not to break into a run). He claims that it puts fuel into your body for the exercise, then it aids in recovery as you're cooling down.

I'm sure there are other active members who have experience and advice though.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back!

RE: Exercise. It is not really recommended to do strenuous exercise while on Phase 1 due to the extremely low amount of calories you are taking in. It can definitely slow down the losses. That being said, you CAN incorporate some exercise (at about 30% less intensity than whatever you did before starting Phase 1) though I would give it 2 weeks so that your body can adjust to the diet before jumping back into exercise. IF you choose to exercise, replace the calories you burned with an extra unrestricted packet afterward.

There are plenty who choose to exercise during P1, you just have to compensate for the lost calories. And listen to your body - if you feel overly fatigued, lightheaded, or your muscles don't recover well after exercising...that's your body telling you something. Always listen
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/248/175

Height: 5'6"

Thank you ladies!

scorbett1103: that is what I thought. That I just need to make sure to replenish the calories I burn while doing the Zumba and not go too hard. I will definitely listen to my body and do what feels right.
booklover811 is offline   Reply With Quote