Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 06:15 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Sat 9/27 - Sun 9/28/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #2  

I started in June and lately have been experiencing some gastro intestinal distress, to put it delicately. These include sharp stomach pains, nausea and vomiting. (The other end is also involved) Can this happen on this diet? I have not changed anything up and it happened a couple of times this week. As usual, I appreciate your thoughts, advice and support. Have a great weekend.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #3  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!! Temperature's going to hit the 80's here in MA today!! Gotta grab that nice weather while we can!!

So happy to see a weight loss of 3lbs this morning. I get SO NERVOUS stepping on that darn scale! With all the latest delicious alternative foods available I feel like I'm cheating! I am in love with the Quest bars (enjoy making cookies with the Apple pie)! And for lunches I really like WLS Spicy Cheese 'n Pasta (restricted), Healthsmart Cheesesteak pasta (unrestricted), even Healthsmart Sloppy Joe (unrest) is good! An oldie but goodie (THX Scorbett) is the ProtiDiet Pizza with Tomato Sauce (restricted). Ooooh which reminds me.....what was the cheese we used to put on it??? And I can't forget about the HealthSmart BBQ Protein Chips OMG (restricted tho)!! I have been 100% OP with my food which has been easier (I think) because of these great finds!!

Also what excites me is knowing I can continue to use these foods in maintenance and never feel deprived! When I reached goal a few years ago I always dreaded "MONDAY P1" day knowing what my options for food were going to be... I'm feeling quite positive about staying in maintenance once and for all!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone.

Had a great NSV last night. Dinner with clients (brought my own food) who closed on there house in June and I have not seen them since. They could not stop raving about how great I look. The husband kept saying your face looks so different! Lol. Great way to propel me thru. Also the mortgage broker was there too, I have not seen her since the closing and she was amazed. Talked a lot of the night with her about IP. She may be calling my clinic

Felt great to inspire someone. And those pesky 240's that won't release me I know I can soon make a thing of the past lol...
Old 09-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #5  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday! I am getting up and out to go to my fitness class that's offerred by my IP coach. Building flexibility, working on balance, and building a little strength.

And then - if I can get home and cleaned up in time, I can make it to a Quickstep Workshop! dancing is the best stress reliever, and trying to remember the step sequences is such good brain training. This is my kinda fun Saturday!

Last edited by oneuh2; 09-27-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Saturday! Looking forward to doing some yard work today!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Busy day ahead! DS has two tball games today, fortunately with a little break In between so we can run home for lunch and a breather.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Goal: 150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!
Proud Mom - I had some gastro issues the first time I did IP. After eliminating several items and adding back in we narrowed it down to two things that caused my stomach irritation - too much cauliflower sometimes (which can cause a great deal of gas) and my magnesium in the Cal-mag supplements. To fix, I only had cauliflower a few times per week and found roasting it took out much of the gas inducing problems for me. Then for the magnesium issue, I decreased to one tablet and felt much better. My coach at the time was ok with that but check with yours bc the supplements are obviously important. Good luck! I'm glad I figured this out or else I wouldn't have been able to stay on the diet. Different parts of the program can affect everyone differently!
Old 09-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #9  

Thank you! I have an email into my coach now.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Saturday all! I'm going through my closet today and tossing clothes that are too big and setting aside some nicer ones for me to work on alterations for tomorrow. Gonna be a long day of trying on a lot of clothes!!!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

The last couple days I've been waking up with a headache and nauseated?!
I don't know what it's from I've been following the same routine
Old 09-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Happy Saturday everyone! I am getting my IP ENERGY WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I have felt like absolute crap for pretty much the last six months. I am so happy that I feel good!
Old 09-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #13  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
So happy to see a weight loss of 3lbs this morning.
Congrats! Isn't it lovely to see those drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I'm going through my closet today and tossing clothes that are too big and setting aside some nicer ones for me to work on alterations for tomorrow. Gonna be a long day of trying on a lot of clothes!!!
Filled with envy, Kissi. I wish my needlework skills would allow me to do that. I'll be enlisting help from MIL when my need arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
The last couple days I've been waking up with a headache and nauseated?!
I don't know what it's from I've been following the same routine
Low salt or magnesium levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
I am getting my IP ENERGY WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I have felt like absolute crap for pretty much the last six months. I am so happy that I feel good!
Woooooo! I *love* the higher energy level that IP gives.

Morning/Afternoon Everyone.

It's a beautiful sunny but windy day here in the desert; perfect for walking and getting things done in the yard.

Wishing everyone a happy and compliant weekend.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #14  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! I am getting my IP ENERGY WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I have felt like absolute crap for pretty much the last six months. I am so happy that I feel good!

Yay you!!! I can remember that crappy feeling from a month ago!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I hope we ALWAYS remember how disgusting we felt and NEVER GO BACK!!!!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Possible, it's bad allergies season here right now so that might be a factor too
Closed Thread