Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #31  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Happy Sunday!!!!!

Stanski & ChipnDip....

I think most of us lost as we phased off. I lost the most in P2 (about 5lbs), which was welcome as my losses got REALLY slow toward the end. I did wait to get to my original goal to phase off, so I am now about 5-8 lbs below my original goal (which I like how clothes fit me better with that extra little bit off). So much of the maintenance part is mental. I like having a big gap between me and my original goal because maintenance is more about a range anyway....I go up and down throughout the week up to 3 lbs. I think I would get more stressed if I kept going back up to ABOVE my original goal....but that is just me as a newbie maintainer.

As far as water, I have noticed some retention increased....not in my belly but in my face (in a good way, as my face had started looking a little gaunt). I think this is the 'dreaded' glycogen stores we read about. I never saw them reflected in the scale, but I am still trying to figure out my correct caloric intake, so I think I was still losing as those stores came back.

My advice is to wait on your rings until you have maintained awhile and see how you do. I like the weight I am right now, but may change it depending on how maintenance goes. If I am constantly having to fight to stay at this weight, I will grudingly up it for sanity's sake!

Last edited by evemomma; 09-28-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Mom View Post
I started in June and lately have been experiencing some gastro intestinal distress, to put it delicately. These include sharp stomach pains, nausea and vomiting. (The other end is also involved) Can this happen on this diet? I have not changed anything up and it happened a couple of times this week. As usual, I appreciate your thoughts, advice and support. Have a great weekend.
The two biggest culprits on IP are the soy protein and the sucralose sweetener. Many people have troubles with soy and sucralose (Splenda) is well known for causing GI problems.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-28-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Hi all,

Congrats on all the NSVs this weekend! So inspiring also to read about all of you who are close to goal and getting ready to go into maintenance!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #34  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Hello, everyone! Just checking into say hi. Been thinking about you all and all the incredible support I received here while on my IP journey!

I started a new job last week and love it! Yep, I actually said goodbye to the classroom and started dealing blackjack! What a change!

Happy Sunday night, all!

~Renee
Old 09-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

What are some secrets to not eating everything in the house?! I haven't but I'm having really bad urges
Old 09-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #36  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

ShelbyLynn - Leave the house! LOL - But seriously - have a large glass of water & go for a walk. Or a run. Or to the garden. Anywhere lovely. You'll be glad you did!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #37  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
What are some secrets to not eating everything in the house?! I haven't but I'm having really bad urges
Use the unlimited salad veggies to help fill up.... I have been reviewing what others are posting that they are eating on 'What are you eating today IPeeps?' and I notice that hardly anyone has a green salad of unlimited veggies at lunch and dinner.... I try to do this everyday, and I have to say that I am not hungry between meals. If I feel like eating... boredom or stress are probably at play. So I get a fresh water, find my laptop and get online here to distract myself.

I actually was wondering if my consistent consumption of salad at lunch and dinner is keeping my losses in the 2lb area rather than more..... maybe I will test that hypothesis out some week soon.

Meanwhile, I notice some people go for hard boiled eggs (or scrambled or adding egg whites to the IP packet to make pancake, waffle, or muffins) to add to the regular Phase 1, 3 packets daily.

And if you are really craving "something, anything!" maybe you should talk to your coach about an extra protein packet for those situations.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/186/165

Height: 5'7"

NSV today! Took my kiddos swimming and while I was sitting on the side (in my Sunday sweats) a gal I know from across the room told me how great I look and proceeded to come over and make me stand and turn. Embarrassing, but motivating! It's "only" 14 pounds, but I'm feeling sooo much better about myself. That's a win in my book!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #39  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3blessings View Post
NSV today! Took my kiddos swimming and while I was sitting on the side (in my Sunday sweats) a gal I know from across the room told me how great I look and proceeded to come over and make me stand and turn. Embarrassing, but motivating! It's "only" 14 pounds, but I'm feeling sooo much better about myself. That's a win in my book!
Definitely a win!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
I'm with oneuh2 - big a$$ salad! Like her, I religiously eat 2 monster romaine salads every day. They help satiate my ever-present desire to eat. Sadly, I've never been one of those people who experiences reduced appetite in ketosis. I also rely on the unlimited veggies and copious amounts of herbal teas, decaf flavored coffee & water.

I confess I also purposefully exercise daily so I 'earn' an extra packet. I get to relieve my stress with the physical activity as well as replenish the calories I burn.

Stay strong!
Old 09-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/186/165

Height: 5'7"

ShelbyLynn8 Be proud when you don't! I truly think that'll take you far! I fill my water bottle first, add a little sea salt--a little doesn't alter the taste too much, and drink it all! I also like hot tea, apple cinnamon or orange spice--esp at night when I'm hungry! Or eat a cucumber and do something to keep busy.
The other night I came home from a hectic day at work with the full intention to have a glass (or bottle) of wine. I set the glass out, started supper, and never filled it

PS. I GOT MY TICKER!!! YAY!!!

Last edited by My3blessings; 09-28-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Closed Thread