Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Friday 9/26/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday!

I'm so exited that finally it's Friday! It's been a long and busy week, but with all this energy I get with IP diet, I am not exhausted!
Enjoy your weekend!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Friday!

My kids woke me up at 5 crawling into bed, I think I have successfully convinced them It's still the middle of the night and they have gone back to bed gave me time to catch up in my IP reading.
So excited last night to see most of my favourite shows have returned, love Greys. Over a year ago I would have to eat or snack while watching tv and now thanks to learning a new way of eating i don't "need" that anymore.

What are some changes that you have noticed?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #4  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Happy Friday

Heading up to NH to beautiful Lake Winnie. Food is all packed. I do that first, then clothes going to be in the 80's.

Lost 1.2 at WI but that is ok.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning!

Tonight clients that I sold a home to have invited me for dinner. They are from Mexico so I was sure that I would not be able to eat most of it....so I actually asked if I could bring my own food. They were fine with that, they just wanted me there. Talk about taking control, lol I am proud of me.

DH & DS are off to get a round of golf in this morning. I think I will go for a mani / pedi with my down time today lol.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday! Just weighed in, down 2.6lbs!! That's 14lbs for my first month - WAHOOOO!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Happy Friday!

My kids woke me up at 5 crawling into bed, I think I have successfully convinced them It's still the middle of the night and they have gone back to bed gave me time to catch up in my IP reading.
So excited last night to see most of my favourite shows have returned, love Greys. Over a year ago I would have to eat or snack while watching tv and now thanks to learning a new way of eating i don't "need" that anymore.

What are some changes that you have noticed?
I have noticed it is soooooooo much easier to come up the 72 steps from the beach. A lot of the poses I do in my yoga practice are a lot deeper because my belly isn't in the way anymore!
I have been looking for a thread for phase 2. I am still a ways off from that but want to be informed and prepared!
Have a great 1st fall weekend.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
I have noticed it is soooooooo much easier to come up the 72 steps from the beach. A lot of the poses I do in my yoga practice are a lot deeper because my belly isn't in the way anymore!
I have been looking for a thread for phase 2. I am still a ways off from that but want to be informed and prepared!
The only change for phase 2 is you go down to 2 packets and you have the same serving amounts for a p1 dinner also at lunch (so basically two p1 packets and two p1 meals/day). I think this is why there isn't a p2 thread, there is nothing new to learn. All the veggie amounts, oil, salt, supplements remain the same.

And, wow! I thought we had a lot of steps up from the beach at 47!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-26-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Did my daily WI this morning...down to 166.6! I can't believe it, was completely expecting a slow week per my pattern, but things seem to be chugging along this week. Woohoo!

Has been crazy busy for me...have a big assignment for work to turn in on Monday and an event to run on Monday evening, but then I will be done with the craziness and stress that September has brought me. Can't wait to just relax and enjoy the rest of the fall and refocus on IP.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!

I don't post on the daily thread as much now, but I still check in on everyone here and am SO excited to here about so many successes!

Jenny, I love your question: What are some changes I have noticed in my eating/habits since last year?

Well, besides EVERYTHING (yes, everything)....I would say some of the biggest changes for me were:

1) I would drink a high calorie/high fat cold mocha coffee every morning while I watched the news before work (and that was my breakfast of course)....what a way to start the day!

2) I drank SO many calories with Coke (never drank water or even milk)....the coke started rolling in when I hit my first mid-moring sugar low after that healthy morning coffee!

3) I was a slave to fast food that I didn't even like. I lost all ability to make healthy meals myself - I would make healthy (generally) meals for my kids and then drive myself through a drive-through after dropping them off to school! No more. Thank goodness. If I splurge on food now that I'm in maintenance, I expect to actually WANT to eat it!

Last edited by evemomma; 09-26-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning!

Tonight clients that I sold a home to have invited me for dinner. They are from Mexico so I was sure that I would not be able to eat most of it....so I actually asked if I could bring my own food. They were fine with that, they just wanted me there. Talk about taking control, lol I am proud of me.

DH & DS are off to get a round of golf in this morning. I think I will go for a mani / pedi with my down time today lol.
That is amazing, what willpower!

And it illustrates something I've learned which is people often just want you to join them and they understand that you may not be eating what they are.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Friday! Just weighed in, down 2.6lbs!! That's 14lbs for my first month - WAHOOOO!!!
Wow!! That is so fabulous! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Losing the belly is a huge benefit. Doesn't it feel great? Mine is down a little and I can tell, feels good not to have that big roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Did my daily WI this morning...down to 166.6! I can't believe it, was completely expecting a slow week per my pattern, but things seem to be chugging along this week. Woohoo!

Has been crazy busy for me...have a big assignment for work to turn in on Monday and an event to run on Monday evening, but then I will be done with the craziness and stress that September has brought me. Can't wait to just relax and enjoy the rest of the fall and refocus on IP.
Don't you love when our bodies surprise us in a good way? Just reinforces the beauty of this program!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!!

WI this morning and I'm down -6.8lbs!!!!!! My coach was out last week so it's a 2 week WI but a 3.4lb loss per week average!!! I'm ecstatic!!

For as much trouble as the 160s gave me, I'm already in the lower 150s!! I LOVE this diet! I also hit the 40 lbs lost mark! Lots of stuff to be happy about and lots of motivation to move forward!!! 20 lbs to go!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All!!

WI this morning and I'm down -6.8lbs!!!!!! My coach was out last week so it's a 2 week WI but a 3.4lb loss per week average!!! I'm ecstatic!!

For as much trouble as the 160s gave me, I'm already in the lower 150s!! I LOVE this diet! I also hit the 40 lbs lost mark! Lots of stuff to be happy about and lots of motivation to move forward!!! 20 lbs to go!!!
WOO HOO!! Awesome job
Old 09-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #15  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Happy Friday,
This week has been a wash for me. I chose to go off plan last weekend and gained four pounds. I am just this morning back where I was last Friday. I chose to do it so, I can't really be mad I hate that I lost a week though. I have been 100% all week and intend to be so until goal.
Closed Thread