Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Happy Friday,
This week has been a wash for me. I chose to go off plan last weekend and gained four pounds. I am just this morning back where I was last Friday. I chose to do it so, I can't really be mad I hate that I lost a week though. I have been 100% all week and intend to be so until goal.
Great job getting back on the wagon!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #17  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Good morning y'all! WI this morning. . . no weight loss this time, but no weight gain either! Wooohoooo!

Congrats to all who've posted their successes!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #18  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I am thinking about staying on plan until Oct. 25th and then phasing off. I won't be at goal but, will be going on vacation in November for my birthday. Then the holidays will be here. I am afraid that if I don't phase off properly I will blow it and regain. I will then decided in January if I still want to try to lose the extra 10 or so pounds at that time. I'm not giving up just want to do this the smartest way possible. I'm going to Vegas in November for my birthday which I know will include drinking and food. I just want to maintain this time so bad.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #19  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I need to minivent for a second.

Okay, so the few people in my family and close friends that know I'm on this diet and know my goal weight have been trying to say '130 is too thin for me' and I tell them that I'm just gonna feel my way around when I get down to the 130s. I settled on 132 because that's inbetween my original goal weight of 135 and where I was thinking about maybe changing it to 130 - then I said, "hey, 132 - that's exactly 60 lbs lost on IP and I feel like that's a good number"

I'm 28 years old and the last time I've weighed in the low 130s was when I was crash dieting in my early 20s and I looked sickly. I have a lot of muscle mass and with IP have been maintaining that muscle mass and just getting rid of the fat.

I told a couple people in my circle this morning about my weigh in and then them asking me how much more I had to lose and that's how all of this got brought up. I have always thought my 'ideal weight' was in the lower 130s and have never been able attain that and see that I can do it in a healthy manner with IP and I plan to do it.

I guess what I'm venting about is the fact that people are so quick to throw out their opinions (and not all of these people throwing out their opinions are overweight). I know I look much better at 152 than I did at 192 but I will feel comfortable and really feel like the person I was always supposed to be at 132. I know it's just a number and to not get too fixated on the scale but that's what I want and where I want to go. I'm still going to have my curves at 132 (I can still fit into my D cup bras now) and my hips are at like 38 inches so I don't think that losing 20 more lbs is going to turn me into a shapeless stick person.

I just don't know. This has been bothering me this morning. These people weren't all in my business when I was at 192 telling me to lose weight so why do they think it's fair to be in my business by telling me that 132 is too thin.

le sigh
Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #20  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post

Okay, so the few people in my family and close friends that know I'm on this diet and know my goal weight have been trying to say '130 is too thin for me' and I tell them that I'm just gonna feel my way around when I get down to the 130s. I settled on 132 because that's inbetween my original goal weight of 135 and where I was thinking about maybe changing it to 130 - then I said, "hey, 132 - that's exactly 60 lbs lost on IP and I feel like that's a good number"

I'm 28 years old and the last time I've weighed in the low 130s was when I was crash dieting in my early 20s and I looked sickly. I have a lot of muscle mass and with IP have been maintaining that muscle mass and just getting rid of the fat.

I told a couple people in my circle this morning about my weigh in and then them asking me how much more I had to lose and that's how all of this got brought up. I have always thought my 'ideal weight' was in the lower 130s and have never been able attain that and see that I can do it in a healthy manner with IP and I plan to do it.

I guess what I'm venting about is the fact that people are so quick to throw out their opinions (and not all of these people throwing out their opinions are overweight). I know I look much better at 152 than I did at 192 but I will feel comfortable and really feel like the person I was always supposed to be at 132. I know it's just a number and to not get too fixated on the scale but that's what I want and where I want to go. I'm still going to have my curves at 132 (I can still fit into my D cup bras now) and my hips are at like 38 inches so I don't think that losing 20 more lbs is going to turn me into a shapeless stick person.

I just don't know. This has been bothering me this morning. These people weren't all in my business when I was at 192 telling me to lose weight so why do they think it's fair to be in my business by telling me that 132 is too thin.

le sigh
It so interesting how so many people have so many opinions. Everyone tells me all the time " why are you bothering with this diet. Your're just going to gain it back". Makes me so mad. Do what you want and do what makes YOU feel good.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #21  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
It so interesting how so many people have so many opinions. Everyone tells me all the time " why are you bothering with this diet. Your're just going to gain it back". Makes me so mad. Do what you want and do what makes YOU feel good.
That's not right. One of the recent IP Coaching Videos talked about this. It was like "how people say don't talk about religion or politics in conversation, don't talk about your diet choices because everyone will have an opinion" Maybe it all falls back to that. I'm happy I'm doing this and that's really all that matters; I just wish I had more support from the people around me.

Last edited by kissi; 09-26-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Great losses today y'all!!

Kissi - I'm sorry your friends are upsetting you. I would thank them for their opinions, but your plan is to find the healthy weight where you feel most comfortable, and that's really between you and your doctor/coach. If they can shut up and support you in that, it would be great!

Last edited by JJTx; 09-26-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #23  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
That's not right. One of the recent IP Coaching Videos talked about this. It was like "how people say don't talk about religion or politics in conversation, don't talk about your diet choices because everyone will have an opinion" Maybe it all falls back to that. I'm happy I'm doing this and that's really all that matters; I just wish I had more support from the people around me.
I agree. I don't have any support at all. Everybody in my family says " That diet is unhealthy and you're going to kill yourself" I get tired of the comments. The only person in my life that supports me is a 75 year old co worker who is dieting too and understands the struggle with weight. There is really only two oe three people that have even acknowledged my loss. I believe that most people are threatened in some weird way that we are actually trying to change ourselves and have the determination to do it. I used to complain about being overweight all the time because I hated the way nI looked. I had many people tell me"stop complaining and do something about it". Well I am!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #24  
Started IP 6/12/14

JJTx Thanks for the advice. It's just so hard when it's family that wants to throw in their comments about it and I usually value their opinion but not with this. Mom did give me some good advice. She said when I hit 140, go try on some clothes at the store and see what size I'm in and if I'm comfortable there. If not, keep going.

jemma51I'm sorry you don't have any support. I get a lot of the 'your diet isn't healthy' and 'I could never eat like you eat, you are starving yourself to lose weight' comments. I'm glad that there isn't much judgment passed here and we are a support group for each other
Old 09-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
Kissi & Jemma: Pick a goal weight that makes you feel good!

I picked 168 originally--then thought maybe going down to 158--- but I feel good at 168 and I did look too thin (in other peoples opinions) when I was in the lower 150's a few years ago. Heard it all the time, you are getting too skinny, are you sick, etc.....I gained the weight back, and of course felt bad about it.

It is a personal decision and my husband told me (24 years of marriage and me yo-yoing for most of it) to keep my original goal weight of 168, get used to maintaining it, and then I could always go lower later if I wanted to.

I have a good friend as a "diet coach" and she will help keep me accountable.
IP is not just a one time thing---it is going to be a lifestyle for me and I believe what I have learned will keep me from yo-yoing again.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:

le sigh
Kissi - sounds like you and I are built A LOT alike! I am right around 5'2.5" and my goal is 130. I still fitting into my D cup bras and my hips are right at 38 too! I am like you....I will still have curves at 130!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Did my daily WI this morning...down to 166.6! I can't believe it, was completely expecting a slow week per my pattern, but things seem to be chugging along this week. Woohoo!
Way to go!

Quote:
Good Morning All!!

WI this morning and I'm down -6.8lbs!!!!!! My coach was out last week so it's a 2 week WI but a 3.4lb loss per week average!!! I'm ecstatic!!!
Congrats!

scorbett: 14# That's fantastic. Congrats

So today is the opening of the Texas State Fair. It is a really big deal at my company. We all wear company t-shirts and take half the day off and go to the fair. The big thing is all the different fried foods and the beer. Every year it's a BIG competition to see what new thing can be fried. Last year it was a deep fried Thanksgiving dinner. This year it's something called Chocolate Amazeballs, some kind of deep fried chocolate cupcake with a cream cheese filling smothered in chocolate sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Everyone buys this stuff and shares. I didn't eat too much of it last year because I was doing the paleo diet. This year...I won't be eating any of it. I'm going to eat my lunch in the car on the drive downtown and have a Quest bar for a snack. So for me it's not about the food, it's about the fun. I'm actually looking forward to it.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #28  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
Kissi - sounds like you and I are built A LOT alike! I am right around 5'2.5" and my goal is 130. I still fitting into my D cup bras and my hips are right at 38 too! I am like you....I will still have curves at 130!!!!!!
I'm 5'2.5 too! I say 5'3 to get better leverage on the BMI scale because I know I'm muscular.

My measurements today were 38, 28.5, 38.5. I love this website and love how I can relate to people here!!

You are so close to goal. Have you had any of those 'negative' comments come up?
Old 09-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #29  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
So today is the opening of the Texas State Fair. It is a really big deal at my company. We all wear company t-shirts and take half the day off and go to the fair. The big thing is all the different fried foods and the beer. Every year it's a BIG competition to see what new thing can be fried. Last year it was a deep fried Thanksgiving dinner. This year it's something called Chocolate Amazeballs, some kind of deep fried chocolate cupcake with a cream cheese filling smothered in chocolate sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Everyone buys this stuff and shares. I didn't eat too much of it last year because I was doing the paleo diet. This year...I won't be eating any of it. I'm going to eat my lunch in the car on the drive downtown and have a Quest bar for a snack. So for me it's not about the food, it's about the fun. I'm actually looking forward to it.
I think I just gained 5 lbs reading that.

I hope you have a good time today and know you will be able to stay OP. I did it the past two weekends tailgating for football and if you have the right mentality (which I know you do) it's a piece of cak...er....quest bar!!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I'm 5'2.5 too! I say 5'3 to get better leverage on the BMI scale because I know I'm muscular.

My measurements today were 38, 28.5, 38.5. I love this website and love how I can relate to people here!!

You are so close to goal. Have you had any of those 'negative' comments come up?
Yes, I have. When I hit 140 and told my husband I had 10 more pounds to my goal he said...you will be "too skinny" in 10 more lbs! I quickly told him that I will never be too skinny, it's just my body type. I will ALWAYS be curvy!!! I am close to goal and it has been very slow going! I seem to go up and down all week(I am a daily weigher!) and then on weigh in day I have small losses...last week was .6, the week before was 1.4 and the previous week I was up .8. It is slow going but that's expected the closer I get!

My last measurements were 36, 27, 38...so we are very much alike!

Last edited by SallyE; 09-26-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Closed Thread