Old 10-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #61  

Hi all-
I started IP last Friday, I am having a hard time getting over this hump as I am so hungry I could eat my arm. Forget the headaches, etc. that I thought I would get, I am just so hungry.

The good news is that I have found and compiled lots of IP acceptable recipes on pintrest. Not to knock this site, which I know has several tried and true recipes, but I am still having a problem navigating the threads to find specifically what I am looking for.
beckydoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #62  

I felt the same the first few days, I was use to eating so much. How may IP products do you eat a day? and filling up with celery , lettuce cucumbers pickles and a lot of water helps.. also a little salt in water helped me too. The chips i used through out the day and that helped too.. instead of one bag at a time, and I also divide my protein and add an ounce to my lunch so it helps with hunger. I've only been doing this a week, I'm no expert at all ... but that's what helped me a little.. i have such a long way to go..

it gets sooo much better ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckydoodles View Post
Hi all-
I started IP last Friday, I am having a hard time getting over this hump as I am so hungry I could eat my arm. Forget the headaches, etc. that I thought I would get, I am just so hungry.

The good news is that I have found and compiled lots of IP acceptable recipes on pintrest. Not to knock this site, which I know has several tried and true recipes, but I am still having a problem navigating the threads to find specifically what I am looking for.
lilly2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #63  

Default Had first weigh in and Feeling discouraged

Hi everyone, I was sooo excited to get my weigh in and measurement today (Day 6), bc I felt like I was really loosing a lot, and looking at your numbers from first week, I was hoping I had lost 10 lb. I started at 254 lb. in 6 days I had only lost 4 pounds and 2.5 inches over all. I did everything, I'm on 5 unrestricted products per day ,, I can't exercise, i'm sedentary. I could not get all the water in but i got most of it down. Still having massive constipation issues, and rectal bleeding (sorry for TMI)...I just wish I had lost more on my first week. I went from about 3500-3800 calories per day to 1100 i should have lost more... ?Others on the site with same weight lost more... Please let me know ... I'm panicking a little bc I'm scared this may not work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Welcome to all the newcomers! So glad to see new faces and hear all your stories!

Lilly, you've gotten some great advice! I love how people here are so willing to share their knowledge!

A couple of things, make sure you are getting all your supplements in. I found missing my magnesium led to problems. I've also used Smooth Move Tea if it wasn't super bad and that usually got things going if you need another alternative.

You can find a bunch of recipes here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html. If you ever lose the link follow the directions Jlus gave you or look at the first post of the Daily Chat.

On the weight loss surgery - no, I didn't have it, lost all my weight with diet. I have had three surgeries since starting IP (a hernia, a repair after the hernia and recently breast reduction). Several people here started IP to get ready for weight loss surgery or as a last ditch effort prior to surgery and have stayed with IP to lose their weight instead.

Sounds like you are determined to do this and you can! You will do super!
lilly2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #64  

Hi Lilly

You might get more responses if you move your questions/concerns to the daily chat thread. This is a thread for introductions.

Not everyone has giant first week losses, especially if there are exacerbating health issues.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #65  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly2014 View Post
Hi everyone, I was sooo excited to get my weigh in and measurement today (Day 6), bc I felt like I was really loosing a lot, and looking at your numbers from first week, I was hoping I had lost 10 lb. I started at 254 lb. in 6 days I had only lost 4 pounds and 2.5 inches over all. I did everything, I'm on 5 unrestricted products per day ,, I can't exercise, i'm sedentary. I could not get all the water in but i got most of it down. Still having massive constipation issues, and rectal bleeding (sorry for TMI)...I just wish I had lost more on my first week. I went from about 3500-3800 calories per day to 1100 i should have lost more... ?Others on the site with same weight lost more... Please let me know ... I'm panicking a little bc I'm scared this may not work either.
Lilly - calm down! You lost 4 pounds in 6 days? That's awesome! Give it time, you didn't put the weight on overnight and you won't lose it overnight but on IP you'll lose it! It took me 12 months and 1 day to lose the first 120 which I think is a fantastic rate.

The Big C and not getting all your water in could be playing a huge factor - I think someone suggested magnesum citrate and you should probably try that. And get that water in - it helps with losing and with the Big C. If you need to flavor the water, add some lemon, a cucumber slice or some decaf tea (I strong brew herbal decaf tea and mix a bit of it in water to give it a different flavor). Make sure you get all your supplements in too.

I started at 257 and never had more than 3 packets except for the first week (& when I had surgery) so you might talk to your coach about cutting one out. If you get hungry eat lots of the free veggies - it really helps. Especially if you're more "mouth hungry" than really hungry. My test for hunger is "does lettuce sound good?" If not, then I'm not really hungry.

And, as Lisa said, come join us on the daily chat or the 100% thread - you'll get lots of ideas and answers there since more people read those threads than the newcomers thread.

Hang in there - this will work if you don't panic!

ETA: You might try posting your meals on the What Are You Eating Today IPeeps thread. Not only will you get great ideas for meals but if you make an inadvertent error someone will probably catch it for you!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 10-14-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #66  

Height: 5'6"

Default New Lifestyle Diet vs Ideal Protein Diet

I went online to find the Ideal Protein Diet. I clicked on a link there that brought me to the New Lifestyle Diet. I thought it was still the Ideal Protein Diet. I ordered a month's worth of the diet. I am so disappointed that now it looks like I have been scammed into purchasing a different diet then what I was looking for and had read so much about. I just received the package today, so I have not started it yet. I also just found this web site today. So, I am wondering, has anyone had any luck on the New Lifestyle Diet? Does it work at all? Will I just be wasting my time trying it? Ughh.
Teedlebeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #67  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teedlebeet View Post
I went online to find the Ideal Protein Diet. I clicked on a link there that brought me to the New Lifestyle Diet. I thought it was still the Ideal Protein Diet. I ordered a month's worth of the diet. I am so disappointed that now it looks like I have been scammed into purchasing a different diet then what I was looking for and had read so much about. I just received the package today, so I have not started it yet. I also just found this web site today. So, I am wondering, has anyone had any luck on the New Lifestyle Diet? Does it work at all? Will I just be wasting my time trying it? Ughh.
Ideal Protein actually isn't available online, you can only get the actual IP products through a clinic that offers the program.

I popped on the New Lifestyle website - from what I can see they just sell what we would call "Alternative" products. MANY of us follow the Ideal Protein program using these types of products. You may want to hop into the Alternatives thread, there is a lot of good information there about what is/isn't compatible with IP in terms of nutritional content.

I don't know if NL sent you a diet plan to accompany the products, but you can find the actual IP Phase 1 Plan in the FAQ thread that is at the top of the forum. The last page of that thread has the most recent Phase 1 sheets.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #68  
Started IP 10/17/14

S/C/G: 257/Ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teedlebeet View Post
Can you send it back and get a refund. I don't know anything about the diet so I can't really help distinguish between the two. But I'm hoping you can get some type of refund.
lese1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #69  

Height: 5'6"

I am just new to this, so I am not sure how to respond directly, Thank you Scorbett1103 and lese1030. I will try the New Lifestyle diet and see how it goes. I am still trying to learn how to navigate these boards also.
Teedlebeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #70  

Thansk Lilly-

I have started spreading the products out a but better and added a fourth protein packet on the days when I am most hungry. I also finally ordered some Walden Farms dressings so I have some flavor for my spinach without having to cook it. Don't be discouraged about your weighin. I messed up and allowed in restricted products so I have only lost 1.5 pounds. Time to reset and try again this coming week without those items. Niow that I am used to eating less I hope it will be a cinch. Plus support at home is lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly2014 View Post
I felt the same the first few days, I was use to eating so much. How may IP products do you eat a day? and filling up with celery , lettuce cucumbers pickles and a lot of water helps.. also a little salt in water helped me too. The chips i used through out the day and that helped too.. instead of one bag at a time, and I also divide my protein and add an ounce to my lunch so it helps with hunger. I've only been doing this a week, I'm no expert at all ... but that's what helped me a little.. i have such a long way to go..

it gets sooo much better ..
beckydoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #71  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckydoodles View Post
Thansk Lilly-

I have started spreading the products out a but better and added a fourth protein packet on the days when I am most hungry. I also finally ordered some Walden Farms dressings so I have some flavor for my spinach without having to cook it. Don't be discouraged about your weighin. I messed up and allowed in restricted products so I have only lost 1.5 pounds. Time to reset and try again this coming week without those items. Niow that I am used to eating less I hope it will be a cinch. Plus support at home is lacking
Just wanted to point out that you ARE allowed one restricted item per day - do you mean that you were having more than one per day? There are coaches that mistakenly think that avoiding the restricted item will somehow boost losses, but it's a myth. Unless you have a weird metabolic issue or are super-hyper-sensitive to ANY Carbs, one restricted per day is not going to stall your losses.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #72  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

'Nother Newcomer giving her intro:

9 years ago I lost 60 lbs on Weight Watchers. While I loved it and was successful my first round, the lbs have not practiced the tools I learned. Additionally, in May 2012, I was diagnosised with Stage 3C Breast Cancer. While I have beat it and am in remission, my body is all out of whack from chemo and radiation.

My dad mentioned that he was on this diet and had lost 50 lbs in 4 months. Needless to say, my interest was peaked. I searched and found a local place that sells the product and made an appointment.

For my first two weigh-ins, I've lost a total of 10 lbs. I'm hoping to have another 5 lbs loss this week. I've stuck to the plan, and not had any deviations. Considering that I cook for our four kids and husband, love to drink wine . . . I don't think that's too shabby!
Pinky2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #73  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
'Nother Newcomer giving her intro:

9 years ago I lost 60 lbs on Weight Watchers. While I loved it and was successful my first round, the lbs have not practiced the tools I learned. Additionally, in May 2012, I was diagnosised with Stage 3C Breast Cancer. While I have beat it and am in remission, my body is all out of whack from chemo and radiation.

My dad mentioned that he was on this diet and had lost 50 lbs in 4 months. Needless to say, my interest was peaked. I searched and found a local place that sells the product and made an appointment.

For my first two weigh-ins, I've lost a total of 10 lbs. I'm hoping to have another 5 lbs loss this week. I've stuck to the plan, and not had any deviations. Considering that I cook for our four kids and husband, love to drink wine . . . I don't think that's too shabby!
Hi Pinky!

Congrats on the 10lb loss and I'm so glad to hear you're in remission.

Presumably your IP clinic asked you about whether your cancer was estrogen receptive and, if you are, suggested you talk to your oncologist? I ask because the Clinician's Fact Sheet actually mentions that as we break down the fat cells on IP estrogen is released.

Hope to see you on the Daily threads.

Last edited by Briael; 10-19-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #74  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Hi Pinky!

Congrats on the 10lb loss and I'm so glad to hear you're in remission.

Presumably your IP clinic asked you about whether your cancer was estrogen receptive and, if you are, suggested you talk to your oncologist? I ask because the Clinician's Fact Sheet actually mentions that as we break down the fat cells on IP estrogen is released.

Hope to see you on the Daily threads.
Hi Amanda . . He did not ask, I'm ER & PR Negative . . .HER 2+. I'm still going to check out the link you provided, though! THANK YOU!

I had a chemo, bilateral mastectomy, radiation and reconstructive surgery --- in that order. I can literally say my boobs hung down to my belly --- because my surgeon relocated my belly fat to make my boobs!
Pinky2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #75  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
Hi Amanda . . He did not ask, I'm ER & PR Negative . . .HER 2+. I'm still going to check out the link you provided, though! THANK YOU!

I had a chemo, bilateral mastectomy, radiation and reconstructive surgery --- in that order. I can literally say my boobs hung down to my belly --- because my surgeon relocated my belly fat to make my boobs!
Wow, looks like you got the radical surgeon who was determined to save your life.

Lost my mum, several aunts and cousins to estrogen-receptive cancer so understanding that estrogen is released as part of ketosis made the warning stick in my mind.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote