Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #1  

Default Where to Order Ideal Protein Products

Hello All, I am new to this site and posting of the first time. I have taken a bit of time to become familiar with the site and read about what is being shared in the IP community. Today I received some alarming news about my health and I need to do something about it. I am wanting to begin IP but would like some help from you on where to order the IP products for a less expensive cost. Can anyone please help me out?

Thank you.
sam2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #2  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Real IP doesn't really come cheaper. (You might find some on eBay) There are alternatives and you will find a whole thread dedicated to that.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-5-a.html

Lots of reading to do!

You could also see if there is a proti diet clinic near you.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #3  

Thank you for your response. I am looking at Nashua Nutrition and seeing what they offer. Trying to figure out how to start and what to order. There is so much to choose from.
=]
sam2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Sam,
Its a little overwhelming at first but it will all come together If you chose to stay on the IP. Have you spoken with someone at an IP center? They are super helpful.
Let me know if I can help further...
carmie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #5  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2001 View Post
Hello All, I am new to this site and posting of the first time. I have taken a bit of time to become familiar with the site and read about what is being shared in the IP community. Today I received some alarming news about my health and I need to do something about it. I am wanting to begin IP but would like some help from you on where to order the IP products for a less expensive cost. Can anyone please help me out?

Thank you.
ChipnDip has shared the latest thread about Alternative products - read it and you will find guidelines that help you assess the various products in terms of nutritional content, and somewhere in there you will find criteria for choosing supplements.

I imagine you have found the program protocol sheet links in the first STICKY thread for IP or in the first post of any Daily Chat thread. Bookmark and or print that for easy reference.

As far as knowing what to order and where to start -- read thru the thread "What are you eating today IPeeps? - seeing what folks tend to eat will give you ideas of what types of protein items you might want to use.

If I were buying my first food order for Phase 1, I would get some:
--vanilla Ready to Drinks (RTD) - I add some to my morning coffee in lieu of nonfat milk -- one cup of coffee divided into 2 portions, each mixed with half RTD;
--chocolate drink mix or RTD or fruit flavor if you prefer (I have tried Designer Whey brand and it fits the profile and both vanilla and choc taste good. Syntrax seems to be the fruit drink brand of choice for many. I have not tried it, and I don't really care for the IP fruit drinks)
--Protein soups (good lunch item for me to give interest to steamed veggies. I am not sure about alternative brands - I have only used IP soups)
--Proti Diet oatmeal (non restricted (as opposed to IP oatmeal), and very versatile - eat the cereal, or use it to make pancakes or muffins, or use it as crumb topping for sweetened rhubarb or zucchini - like a cobbler or fruit crisp... kind of a pie substitute. You can get a canister of it for good price.

And then get some Bars (all will likely be restricted to one per day, but they are a great snack item) - Quest bars are popular but check the nutritional content vs the guidelines to select flavors that will let you stay within protocol.

You know you need 3 or 4 packets per day... general rule is 3 per day if you are 200lbs or less; one more if you are above 200. I was put on 3 a day even though my start was 240.

Many of the mix type protein packets come 7 to a box - RTD's come 4 or 6 to a carton. You know you need 21 or 28 for a week.

That's about all I can think of to be helpful.
You could go to an IP clinic for the first month and get the hang of things, and then switch off to alternatives....

Oh -- and come back here to the Daily Chats and share your experience, ask questions -- this community will support you like crazy!!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote