3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Community Daily Chat Monday 9/22/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/299418-ip-community-daily-chat-monday-9-22-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 09-22-2014 06:22 AM

IP Community Daily Chat Monday 9/22/2014

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

scorbett1103 09-22-2014 06:38 AM

Happy Monday! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Hard to believe it's already the last full week of September - where did the summer go again?? But it means we are all a little further along on our journeys, and closer to our goals! I'm closing in on the end of my first month back on IP, so glad to have taken that first step (again). It'll be over before we all know it!

This week should be fun, my homework is pretty intense but hubby isn't working at all in the middle of the week, so I should be able to get some solitary library time at some point. Makes it easier to study when it's not 2am or when the kids aren't climbing all over me :) We have our first Cub Scout meeting this Friday, so it'll be great to see the kids from my Den again and get back into the swing of things. We are trying to plan an apple picking outing too, there's a great farm very close by that does hayrides to the field and sells the most AMAZING apple concoctions. I plan to make a big batch of applesauce and applebutter, for the FREEZER :) It'll all be there once I'm back at goal!

Hope everyone has an amazing start to their week!

Sgrealtor1 09-22-2014 06:57 AM

Good Monday Morning...

DS and I enjoyed out time at the college fair yesterday. He spoke to a few schools and got some info. Sadly he was only interested in schools in South Carolina and Virginia lol...baby wants to leave the nest:(

Off to the office today and then we have back to school night tonight.

Had a good weekend and ran to the store for some veggies yesterday. DH is planning to be back on his "good" eating plan this week. I make all the meals, but he has been fighting bronchitis for 3 weeks and he loves his crap food when he is sick lol. So he is feeling better and will be back to eating well, which makes more work for me prep wise, but a better night sleep cause he won't be snoring lol.

Went out to dinner last night and I swear my steak had butter on it. The server swore no, but I could taste it lol. I did eat most of it....hope it doesn't effect my scale as I have to WI early this week cause my girl is off Thursday. Will only be 4 days between WI's....wanted to hit 40 down this week, but don't think that will happen WI on Tuesday instead of Thursday!

Not so fat anymore 09-22-2014 07:29 AM

Good Morning

Hi IP members. I am nearing goal and I have not chosen a weight to start phase 2. I am 64 years old and 5 foot 1 inch, the charts say 132 to 101. I would love to be under 120 but am so afraid that I will not be able to maintain it. My coach says any weight is fine so should I go with the 132 and see , or should I keep on phase 1 till I reach 120? My weight lose has slowed down to a little over a pound a week. I have been on IP for 30 weeks and have lost 77 pounds. I started at 217.6 and weight 139.8 this am. I really up in the air on this.

scorbett1103 09-22-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore (Post 5073229)
Hi IP members. I am nearing goal and I have not chosen a weight to start phase 2. I am 64 years old and 5 foot 1 inch, the charts say 132 to 101. I would love to be under 120 but am so afraid that I will not be able to maintain it. My coach says any weight is fine so should I go with the 132 and see , or should I keep on phase 1 till I reach 120? My weight lose has slowed down to a little over a pound a week. I have been on IP for 30 weeks and have lost 77 pounds. I started at 217.6 and weight 139.8 this am. I really up in the air on this.

Congrats on so many pounds gone!!!

At the end of the day, nobody can tell you what weight to stop at. But you have to factor in a few things when making that decision - how you want to eat in maintenance, how intensely you plan to exercise - and whether your goals in those areas are truly realistic for your lifestyle.

For me, I got down to a pretty low weight the first time I did IP, and was doing a great job maintaining based on the ability to exercise (crossfit, zumba, running, weights) 1-2 hrs almost every day. The problem was, once I changed jobs my work times also changed, and I no longer had the ability to work out intensely 1-2 hours a day. So of course the weight came back on - my weight was no longer realistic to maintain for the lifestyle and schedule I had. I have learned this 2nd time around what my calories should be when I only have time for minimal exercise (discovered through trial and error and finally stopping the gain for 3 solid months), and I can adjust my activity level and eating from there.

It's easy to fall into the trap of "how low can I go" because P1 is SO fast and SO simple...but we each have to examine what is realistic for us to commit to in terms of fitness and food. If you find yourself at a comfortable weight but it's higher than you *could* weigh....you can always stop and learn to maintain there...then re-evaluate whether you want to lose more once you have a good handle on maintenance. IP is always there for us!

Kellyc14 09-22-2014 10:13 AM

Hi Everyone!

I had an awesome weekend visiting my daughter in Alabama. She's a grad student at UAB. It is so beautiful there!! We went hiking (I didn't know that was what we were going to do, thought we were just going sight seeing!!) LOL This poor body got more exercise this weekend than it's had all year!! I don't know if I am holding water or what but my scale is up two lbs. :(

Also, this is messed up, but I thought I was looking good, my clothes were getting to big, I was feeling slim....but we took a lot of photos this weekend and standing next to my fit 120 lb daughter I look like a cow!!! I know that I should NOT be saying that about myself, but that's how I feel. :( Maybe that's not a bad thing though, because now I am even more determined to get to goal!!! It's just weird how you see one thing in the mirror and another in a picture. Of course when I look in the mirror there is not a 120 lb person standing next to me. lol

I did stay OP this weekend. I brought my IP food with me. We were in the car at dinner time on Friday and I didn't want to eat any fast food so I drank two Advantage Carb Control drinks for my dinner. I know that I didn't get enough water and veggies this weekend too. We went to a Mexican rest. for lunch on Saturday and I brought my IP packet with me and drank water. Then we ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel yesterday and I had two scrambled eggs and piece of ham. I ate my IP packet in the car on the way home and cooked a chicken breast and cabbage for dinner (at 8pm) when we got home.

I wasn't able to get on here much while I was gone, so it's nice to be back!! Now to read all of the posts to catch up!!

nat1015 09-22-2014 10:36 AM

IdealProteinNewbie: That is great! I was just being super sensitive and reading too much into the situation. I'm so over relationships right now. ;)

Thanks to everyone yesterday that responded. The cookies have been sitting there for a few days and should be pretty stale by now. LOL. I am not tempted in any way to have any. If anything, it just makes me feel really good that I am strong enough now (now that I have been on the diet for some time) to not fall for the trap. I'll throw them away as part of my cleaning routine in a day or two just to show that he can't get to me. ;)

Thank you for the support!

mars735 09-22-2014 10:46 AM

notsofatanymore:bravo: Way to go! scorbett pretty much nailed it, but fwiw, I'll add a little as a 61 yo (Did P1 age 59-60). The "how low can I go" and being used to very low cal have been ongoing themes that have sabotaged me. I was so used to eating low cal and feeling ok on IP that I really didn't know what was a good amount to eat. So I underate and then binged. Also have had to really work at convincing myself that fats and some carbs are ok.

Once I added healthy fat and "enough" food, I have felt absolutely wonderful. My sleep, mood, energy are better than they have been in a long long time. I still feel like I'm overeating, but my clothes size remains 8, even at 10 lbs over goal, though a bit snug.

I hope this helps. You can find info and support on the "what are you eating in P4" and maintainer threads. Enjoy! :)

IntheEvening 09-22-2014 11:06 AM

Can I just say that thank you to all who suggested reading The Beck Diet Solution. I'm about half way through and wow, it sure does change your perspective on dieting and eating!!! I was worried over the weekend about my average 1 lbs a week lost but I hopped on the scale this morning and was down 2lbs. I will stop worry about how much and focus on at least it's not going up! :D

Have a great Monday!

MntRose 09-22-2014 01:50 PM

Was such a long week! So glad to have my 'weekend' here finally. Was down anpther 1.4 pounds as of yesterday. Very happy today with all of it. Going to go try to call my youngest son and see if he still wants to get up to Crested Butte today, with as he put it :My two favorite girls in the world" I am so blessed that his fiance has a good heart and doesn't do anything to keep us from all spending time together still. *happy momma smile)

evemomma 09-22-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore (Post 5073229)

There was a website I read about on here that helped me find my "lowest maintainable weight"....but I don't recall what it's called anymore. Maybe someone else remembers? It helps you calculate your highest weight, lowest adult weight, body frame, and history of dieting, age, and height to see what is realistic.

I will tell you that I lost 5 more pounds under goal as I phased off. I am newly into maintenance and trying to find the "sweet spot" for myself calorically and with exercise. I did not exercise during P1 (just had NO energy), so now I am adding it back in moderately. I used to run 5 miles a day and could eat whatever I wanted (ahh youth) but have no desire to set myself up for that these days.

You know, you can lose in maintenance should you want....if you choose not to go into ketosis, you just restict calories OR go back on P1 if need be.

Good luck and feel free to come post in the Maitainers thread where you are sure to get some great advice!

MntRose 09-22-2014 01:50 PM

Was such a long week! So glad to have my 'weekend' here finally. Was down anpther 1.4 pounds as of yesterday. Very happy today with all of it. Going to go try to call my youngest son and see if he still wants to get up to Crested Butte today, with as he put it :My two favorite girls in the world" I am so blessed that his fiance has a good heart and doesn't do anything to keep us from all spending time together still. *happy momma smile*

catlady1981 09-22-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 5073266)
Congrats on so many pounds gone!!!

At the end of the day, nobody can tell you what weight to stop at. But you have to factor in a few things when making that decision - how you want to eat in maintenance, how intensely you plan to exercise - and whether your goals in those areas are truly realistic for your lifestyle.

For me, I got down to a pretty low weight the first time I did IP, and was doing a great job maintaining based on the ability to exercise (crossfit, zumba, running, weights) 1-2 hrs almost every day. The problem was, once I changed jobs my work times also changed, and I no longer had the ability to work out intensely 1-2 hours a day. So of course the weight came back on - my weight was no longer realistic to maintain for the lifestyle and schedule I had. I have learned this 2nd time around what my calories should be when I only have time for minimal exercise (discovered through trial and error and finally stopping the gain for 3 solid months), and I can adjust my activity level and eating from there.

It's easy to fall into the trap of "how low can I go" because P1 is SO fast and SO simple...but we each have to examine what is realistic for us to commit to in terms of fitness and food. If you find yourself at a comfortable weight but it's higher than you *could* weigh....you can always stop and learn to maintain there...then re-evaluate whether you want to lose more once you have a good handle on maintenance. IP is always there for us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mars735 (Post 5073302)
notsofatanymore:bravo: Way to go! scorbett pretty much nailed it, but fwiw, I'll add a little as a 61 yo (Did P1 age 59-60). The "how low can I go" and being used to very low cal have been ongoing themes that have sabotaged me. I was so used to eating low cal and feeling ok on IP that I really didn't know what was a good amount to eat. So I underate and then binged. Also have had to really work at convincing myself that fats and some carbs are ok.

Once I added healthy fat and "enough" food, I have felt absolutely wonderful. My sleep, mood, energy are better than they have been in a long long time. I still feel like I'm overeating, but my clothes size remains 8, even at 10 lbs over goal, though a bit snug.

I hope this helps. You can find info and support on the "what are you eating in P4" and maintainer threads. Enjoy! :)

Thank you both so much for this insight. I am getting close to my original goal and also wondering "how low should I go". At age 55 and 5'1" I should be around 125-135. I don't think the 120's are feasible. My lowest weight in between kids was 120 lbs and that is what I weighed in early adulthood with little effort dieting or exercising. I ballooned up to over 200 in the 90's and then my highest weight in 2007 was 248 when I got divorced. I have been fat for 20 years. I have absolutely no idea what an attainable weight is for me. I know I will not exercise 1-2 hours a day 6 days a week. At least I know that. I keep thinking that the BMI is the be all and end all. My original goal was 150 but I'm only 6 lbs away from that and thinking I can go a bit lower for my height. I think I'm just going to keep going and see where I am by the end of October.

kissi 09-22-2014 03:07 PM

Happy Monday everyone!

I wasn't able to WI last week because my coach was out of town. My home scale says I was at 151 yesterday morning. Here's hoping that my WI at the clinic on Friday morning is around that weight or less!!

Kellyc14 09-22-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissi (Post 5073443)
Happy Monday everyone!

I wasn't able to WI last week because my coach was out of town. My home scale says I was at 151 yesterday morning. Here's hoping that my WI at the clinic on Friday morning is around that weight or less!!

I'm not speaking to you right now. Your team beat LSU!!! :mad::tantrum::yikes:
Just kidding!! :)