Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Hello, New to IP diet. Second day in. I was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out which veggies are considered "free" on the IP diet. My husband tells me onions, celery, romaine lettuce, and cucumbers are "free". Thank you so much....help is appreciated.

Unlimited raw veggies are - arugula, bibb lettuce, boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettun, frisee lettuce, green and red lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #32  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I find the jello to be like dessert! If I choose to have my restricted earlier in the day, the jello is still like an evening treat. I add more water then it says (1cup). I have also mixed it with the orange drink and made two servings. The other night I tipped it in my fridge thinking it would be solid and it dumped everywhere and started to gel before I could get to it all. What a mess!
I wonder how the Raspberry Jelly would be mixed with the Cran Granata (sp)? That's the only fruit drink I have on hand - somehow I prefer vanilla and chocolate and cappuccino drink mixes, or the puddings which I make with extra water as drinks.

Actually, I wonder how it would be to mix the rasp jelly with vanilla pudding? I will have to search the recipe threads about packets and see if there are any clues!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #33  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
Hello, New to IP diet. Second day in. I was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out which veggies are considered "free" on the IP diet. My husband tells me onions, celery, romaine lettuce, and cucumbers are "free". Thank you so much....help is appreciated.

Unlimited raw veggies are - arugula, bibb lettuce, boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisee lettuce, green and red lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce.
Shasta is correct - here is the link to the Phase 1 Protocol sheet - Lisa posts this at the start of every daily chat thread, along with other good resource links, I might add.

When cooked, some of the free veggies can also count toward your 2C at lunch and at dinner 'select vegetables' -- like mushrooms and spinach, for example.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #34  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumpless View Post
The page explaining phase 1 is at the beginning of the daily thread each day. Onions are NOT unlimited! Lettuces, celery, cukes, radish, spinach, frise (and all those lettuce like things) are unlimited or you can still count them.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I'm like Chip, raspberry jelly for dessert - in fact I just made some and popped it in the freezer.

I didn't care for the Cran Granata personally, it had a weird aftertaste.

Oneuh2 - if you find a good mix for the jelly, please share!
Old 09-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #36  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I'm like Chip, raspberry jelly for dessert - in fact I just made some and popped it in the freezer.

I didn't care for the Cran Granata personally, it had a weird aftertaste.

Oneuh2 - if you find a good mix for the jelly, please share!
I'll share anything I find, of course

What happens to the rasp jelly when you freeze it? Frozen jello?

Edit to update -- here is a post from the Fun with Packets thread - this post has lots of ideas related to doing things with the packets. It seems I can mix the fruit drinks with vanilla pudding.... and I think maybe that would be ok with the raspberry jello, too... I might need to give it some extra water to offset the gelatin/cornstarch effects, but I think it is worth trying. I'll post my results when I try this!

Last edited by oneuh2; 09-21-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:24 PM   #37  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumpless View Post

Post 1 in this thread has a link to all the sheets, which lists which veggies are allowed and unlimited
Old 09-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Hello all,
I have been having a very conflicting week. One day I had on a skirt that I was wearing before I started IP and while it was looser it wasn't falling off by any stretch and it kind of put me in a funk... As though I really hadn't come that far.
Then out of desperation on laundry day the next day I decided to try a pair of my capris that I was wearing prior to getting pregnant and realized that while I had to shimmy them on a bit they did up without an issue. Which of course made me feel great. Back and forth. It was my dd's 9th birthday party today. There were 7 girls at her party and they were VERY full of energy. I was playing with them, picking them up and pushing them on the large plastics cylinder blocks they were sitting on. It was quite the workout. I think I wore myself out a bit more than I realized. I was a lot hungrier tonight than I have been in a long time. Partly due to running around in the morning trying to get everything/ one ready for the party and not drinking all or even half of my breakfast vanilla RTD. Have to pay more attention to better planning.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #39  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Feeling discouraged today. Only lost a pound this past week. I know, I know.....a pound is GREAT! BUT.....when you weigh 203 pounds you expect the weight to come off a wee bit faster lol!! I'm hoping next week my body will make up for it.

I do have a question tho.... I am in LOVE with the Quest bars (I only get the unrestricted ones like Apple pie tho)! Some have said these bars slow down their weight loss? I'm wondering why tho? What would be the science behind it? Does it have to do with the sugar? I really don't want to give those up as they are a treat for me (baking them into cookies...YUM)! But may have to. . Any advise appreciated!!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

Somehow I missed this thread yesterday and then never checked back later in the day. Lol

Today we are off to a college fair for my son. Cannot believe its time to do this already

After that no plans. Need to restock the fridge before the work week begins. Packing my lunch for the college fair and will eat it on the way there. Gotta try to keep my food timing in schedule today.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #41  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Feeling discouraged today. Only lost a pound this past week. I know, I know.....a pound is GREAT! BUT.....when you weigh 203 pounds you expect the weight to come off a wee bit faster lol!! I'm hoping next week my body will make up for it.

I do have a question tho.... I am in LOVE with the Quest bars (I only get the unrestricted ones like Apple pie tho)! Some have said these bars slow down their weight loss? I'm wondering why tho? What would be the science behind it? Does it have to do with the sugar? I really don't want to give those up as they are a treat for me (baking them into cookies...YUM)! But may have to. . Any advise appreciated!!
I would ask what your losses were like the previous 2 or 3 weeks? Don't forget that weight loss is NOT a steady downward slope....there are big weeks and smaller weeks as the body adjusts along the way. I've noticed too that certain milestones are tougher to get past than others - seems like our bodies resist passing certain weights! Lots of folks seem to slow up before going under 200, and then again trying to get under 180. If you've had a couple of weeks of good losses, this might just be an "adjusting" week for you. And don't forget that measurements count as losses too! Sometimes the weight doesn't come off the scale but our bodies are tightening up
Old 09-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingMe View Post
Hello all,
It was my dd's 9th birthday party today. There were 7 girls at her party and they were VERY full of energy. I was playing with them, picking them up and pushing them on the large plastics cylinder blocks they were sitting on. It was quite the workout. I think I wore myself out a bit more than I realized. I was a lot hungrier tonight than I have been in a long time. Partly due to running around in the morning trying to get everything/ one ready for the party and not drinking all or even half of my breakfast vanilla RTD. Have to pay more attention to better planning.
Hi RefreshingMe, I totally relate to this. I have only just started my 3rd week of IP, but I have already noticed how much being tired triggers feeling hungry for me and how much planning I need to do to make sure I'm taking care of myself on those busy days! It looks like you've had an awesome first month of losses though, so congrats! Onward and downward we go.

Quote:

Hi disgal, you're doing so great! I wonder if it will help once you pass the halfway point to your goal? I noticed on your ticker that it's right around the corner!Maybe psychologically that will be a bit of a boost, knowing you're more than halfway finished with P1. Hang in there and keep on doing what you're doing because it's working.

I'm interested in the feedback you get about the Quest bars too - I'm doing alternatives and have been sticking primarily to Quest bars and shakes and am curious whether this will work just as well for loss as the official IP foods.

Lucy

Wk 1: 2.4, Wk 2: 1.6
Old 09-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #43  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I'll share anything I find, of course

What happens to the rasp jelly when you freeze it? Frozen jello?

Edit to update -- here is a post from the Fun with Packets thread - this post has lots of ideas related to doing things with the packets. It seems I can mix the fruit drinks with vanilla pudding.... and I think maybe that would be ok with the raspberry jello, too... I might need to give it some extra water to offset the gelatin/cornstarch effects, but I think it is worth trying. I'll post my results when I try this!
I did a pudding with lemon jello from a recipe and hated it but I'm picky. I also found this recipe and it want bad

RASPBERRY MERINGUE COOKIES (IP Raspberry Jelly)
Celebrate Valentine's day any day with these cute munchies. They arent as sweet as the real thing, but after eating a couple, you'll find yourself happily snacking through the whole plate. Which is ok, because in this case you can eat it all!

Ingredients:
1 package IP Raspberry Jelly (You can also use 1 small package of sugar-free Jell-o, although that has aspartame which can possibly spike your insulin. So use your discretion)
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 120 C (250 F)
1. Add salt and cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat until holds a shape.
2. Slowly add IP Raspberry Jelly while you continue to beat until stiff.
3. I then spoon the mixture into a baking bag to make little star buttons or hearts. If you dont have one, then take a large ziplock bag and spoon the mixture into that. then cut a smallish hole in one of the corners.
4. Place a piece of baking paper on a cooking sheet and squeeze out your cookies.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes and check. Cookies should not be wet at all. Cook an additional 10-30 minutes depending on your oven and how you like the cookies.
6. Let cool and enjoy!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #44  

I had my first weigh in on Friday and was very happy... down 8 lbs and 10 inches. That was very reinforcing! I'm out of town for a couple of days and a little nervous about not being able to follow IP perfectly but so far so good I think. I brought all my packets and WF. My friends I'm staying with are being very supportive and our dinners are all OP. She has lots of Halloween candy out and asked if I wanted her to put it up (which was very sensitive on her part) but I said no I was okay.

So far so good into the second week. I'm building routines and habits that I think will help support this journey.

I hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend.

Terry
Old 09-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #45  

Quote:

I'm wondering why you would count the Apple pie flavor unrestricted?
With 180 calories, I consider that restricted (most of my unrestricted are under 150 with most closer to 100).
No need to give them up, but def limit to once/day

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-21-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Closed Thread